Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Love
Reactions: Teaforparrots
Scarf mail! I admire this design but had very little hope that this scarf would work out, because light blue is so horrid on me I won’t even wear a light blue skirt or pants. But I’m feeling like the scarf is working for me because of the combination of colors?

View attachment 5583191

View attachment 5583192
Oh yes, definitely, TFP. The blue, which is cool, is warmed by the several purple/burgundy/carnation colors then the pretty wheaty yellow. I like it immensely on you! Say howdy to your sweet lil birdy for me :hugs:.

I would be remiss if I let this week go without mentioning one of my greatest influences on this forum. @Croisette7 is constantly sharing her extensive scarf collection with us, her mod shots always beautifully tied and perfectly accessorized. I have hunted down a number of scarves after seeing hers, including today's purple Madison Ave Celebrating10 Years. Thank you so much for all your contributions, @Croisette7. (My apologies for the poorly lit shot, but we are having a rainy day.)

20220806_095646.jpg

I would be remiss if I let this week go without mentioning one of my greatest influences on this forum. @Croisette7 is constantly sharing her extensive scarf collection with us, her mod shots always beautifully tied and perfectly accessorized. I have hunted down a number of scarves after seeing hers, including today's purple Madison Ave Celebrating10 Years. Thank you so much for all your contributions, @Croisette7. (My apologies for the poorly lit shot, but we are having a rainy day.)

View attachment 5583698
Oh yes, I second this! Croisette is #goals.

Getting this pic posted a bit late, this was me earlier in the week with Chorus Stellarum. This scarf purchase was motivated by years of lust over C’est la Fete, which so many people look amazing wearing! I couldn’t pass up this design, which is a close companion. Also, as an aside, I think of this scarf as my “Barbie” scarf. I didn’t realize when I bought, but the colors are so bright and almost “childlike” to me in their combination. It reminds me of the type of item I would have been attracted to as a little one, and that makes it fun to wear now. It’s different than almost anything else I have!

253B8A4C-D5A5-4FC1-B6E2-4EEE17E5676B.jpeg

I will keep my eyes open! Thank you @laurenad! I just added your gorgeous teal one...

This is adorable on you @Redbirdhermes. Truly super cute. You could take this and only this on a beach vacation and be perfectly "scarfed"-- but why would you pack just one? :lol:

Thank you!

All the cats are making my heart smile @bunnycat. And your pareo is the cutest ever.

Congratulations @Karenska-- this soft rose is absolutely lovely on you. A perfect choice.

This is so so charming @scarf1 and I love the meet up story as well. I admired this design so much when I first saw it on @Cookiefiend that I went out and scored a blue one. But this one is the "one" for sure with that pink hem and the green swirls...

This is a fabulous color on you @Teaforparrots ad your necklace is utter perfection with it. Nothing puts a lift in your stride like a compliment (and from a boss!).

I love how you show not only your own beautiful mod shot but the photo that inspired your search @Cookiefiend. You all look so beautiful and the scarves suit each of you so well. I am your and @Living.la.vida.fifi 's pink Kachinas fraternal twin as mine is the wash version...

Thank you so much @CedarWaxWing. That sweater sure does love a lot of scarves!

Beautiful. @Julide was instrumental to my own successful Tapis search. I have the silk and one moussie @Redbirdhermes but I absolutely endorse your "why-stop-at-one-if-you-love-it" approach...and my scarf shelf is the proof of TPF colorway inspiration as well as design inspiration. It is a very good point about the different collecting approaches we all have...
Thank you LKB. :smile:
My scarf today owes it's place in my collection to the inspiration of @Living.la.vida.fifi (and to @Redbirdhermes for the confirmation bias!) and to @momasaurus who went a step further past inspiration to enablement with a powerful assist to my finding it! One thing I adore about @Living.la.vida.fifi's approach is her incredibly knowledgeable art history background that adds so much to my enjoyment of the artist and the design. Pierre Marie's prolific work for the house features many different styles from the beautiful ornamentalism of Tapis Persans, to the whimsey of Potager and Patisserie, the swirling fantasy medallions of Laboratoire and Onbrelle Magique, the geometric cityscapes of Flaneries a Versailles and the still life of Tresors d'un Artiste. Here is La Dame de Coeur-- like the current AW 2022 Les Sacre des Saisons, it features an animal iconography connected by swirling ribbons, to paraphrase @Living.la.vida.fifi from a recent scarf discussion.
View attachment 5583032
Congrats- It's a beauty on you and I love how you accented the bits of peach in the scarf with your top. :smile:
Scarf mail! I admire this design but had very little hope that this scarf would work out, because light blue is so horrid on me I won’t even wear a light blue skirt or pants. But I’m feeling like the scarf is working for me because of the combination of colors?

View attachment 5583191

View attachment 5583192
The colors work wonderfully together on you. :tup:

• Love
Reactions: Teaforparrots
I want to thank everyone for your good wishes for my beloved brother. It’s very slow going right now for him. I’m still home after going down south last week, and gauging optimal time to head back.

So many of you have inspired (er, enabled? :lol:) me with your beautiful silks. Probably all of you :winkiss: Not a photo goes by me without me exclaiming “oh! Must have!!”! Yesterday I showed a @Cookiefiend-inspired acquisition. Here are a few more. Once I saw this beauty on Ms @LKBNOLA, I obsessed about it until I gave it a whirl. It’s a keeper! Bouquets Selliers.
95B5C85E-7789-4D3B-982D-BCF0DA5BC721.jpeg
Ms @Redbirdhermes gave me the confidence to trust my instincts and go with this bright green in Les Normands. It’s one of my very favorite scarves.
FB10721E-181D-4428-AEE5-5C2EC54875EB.jpeg
Ms @Cookiefiend’s inspo again. Looked for this for years and so glad it became part of my collex this year. L’Arbre de Vie.
5375CDE7-4BB8-4A98-9E99-8FAAB86E80CB.jpeg
Ms Fifi (@Living.la.vida.fifi) inspo with the harvest-colored Kachinas GT:
29CA63BD-7517-4B38-9834-59DC483F1070.jpeg
I had a hard time choosing this cw over that red/caramel cw of Promenade a Paris, but it was Ms @Nomad who helped me choose. So glad I did.
868B635E-9200-4937-912D-85172748B9D4.jpeg
Ms @Agrume was my silk inspiration that enabled me to go with this stunner. Les Bassetts.

6A573319-EEDF-4622-8790-7BDD6174429C.jpeg
Everyone helped with this one! Christine Henry’s iconic Axis Mundi.
1A92FE0F-B947-4B61-89C6-DCA3610E1652.jpeg
And dear @LKBNOLA’s inspo once again. The fabulous Grand Theatre Nouveau. All archive shots.
CCD6E52D-EAFB-457E-BD64-B8B109E5C682.jpeg

Last edited:
I too proffer my inspiration flower bouquet this morning to @Croisette7 whose encyclopedic knowledge, comprehensive collection and gorgeous scarves have so influenced my own collecting goals. Not only is she amazingly discerning and savvy but she is a kind and generous member of our community whose presence sheds a steady light over all of our doings. The scarf I show today is not only inspired by her, but was acquired with a direct tip as to where I might find it accompanied by an endorsement of the seller, which gave this newbie the confidence to order it from abroad with no chance of return! Ombrelles et Parapluies with :flowers: :heart: :smile: to Croisette!
Ombrelles et Parapluies 3.jpg

View attachment 5583698
What a lovely photo of you, RBH, and congratulations on adding this stunner to your collection. :tup:

I too proffer my inspiration flower bouquet this morning to @Croisette7 whose encyclopedic knowledge, comprehensive collection and gorgeous scarves have so influenced my own collecting goals. Not only is she amazingly discerning and savvy but she is a kind and generous member of our community whose presence sheds a steady light over all of our doings. The scarf I show today is not only inspired by her, but was acquired with a direct tip as to where I might find it accompanied by an endorsement of the seller, which gave this newbie the confidence to order it from abroad with no chance of return! Ombrelles et Parapluies with :flowers: :heart: :smile: to Croisette!
View attachment 5583740
You look cool and chic, Lkb, and I love your hair.

Getting this pic posted a bit late, this was me earlier in the week with Chorus Stellarum. This scarf purchase was motivated by years of lust over C’est la Fete, which so many people look amazing wearing! I couldn’t pass up this design, which is a close companion. Also, as an aside, I think of this scarf as my “Barbie” scarf. I didn’t realize when I bought, but the colors are so bright and almost “childlike” to me in their combination. It reminds me of the type of item I would have been attracted to as a little one, and that makes it fun to wear now. It’s different than almost anything else I have!

View attachment 5583719
Your hair is so beautiful, Laurenad. This cw of CS is gorgeous on you and is growing on me. The bright blue just arrived; can’t model it right now, but I don’t think it’s for me. You look lovely.

The striped contrast hems are beautiful. I haven't seen those before and I really like them. Thank you for sharing the photos. Also, I think your Arbre de Vie looks classic and a great pattern. I have it in an orange, but it has been claimed by a family member and I'm delighted about that, as it's important to find new fans for the scarves as well.
(I'm having trouble with editing in Reply mode.)

View attachment 5583191

View attachment 5583192
What a find @Teaforparrots and of course it is a keeper. Beautiful on you and you will most definitely be the hat tip for many as you enable the heck out of this one!
Nothing historically significant with this carré and it is not something from Mr. Peabody's WABAC Machinbe (anyone remember it?). Just Les Coupes, the most recent evilb*y Hrmes purchase, worn with my new Persols...trying to look summery in the triple digit heat...John in DFW

View attachment 5583240

View attachment 5583241

View attachment 5583242
You look so fabulous and cool @hermesguy. Love these colors on you and your sunglasses are just too hip for words.
Ok ladies @LKBNOLA i am now lost on which scarf y’all are talking about haha. Is it the elusive au bout du monde that I can never seem to find at a retail or below price? Haha.
And @Teaforparrots it looks amazing on you! This is my future chosen colorway for this design ( can’t ever nab it) and it isn’t disappointing on you one bit! Please enjoy it because it totally works on you, if your wardrobe can utilize too. That is always a key too.
And to quote cookie you already are an enabler on here because I am buying kimonos times two because of you!!! Your color and another.
:lol: it is hard to keep up sometimes. Yes ABdM which shows up very sporadically. In my case my hyper-alert TRR monitoring paid off!

View attachment 5583698
This is stunning @Redbirdhermes and I echo every sentiment in your post as well. This purple is TDF on you. Beautiful mod shot.

View attachment 5583719
Gorgeous on you and :lol: about the Barbie association. I was influenced by you to get this one and it is the brightest star in my scarf box too! But in true H magic fashion it works!
I want to thank everyone for your good wishes for my beloved brother. It’s very slow going right now for him. I’m still home after going down south last week, and gauging optimal time to head back.

So many of you have inspired (er, enabled? :lol:) me with your beautiful silks. Probably all of you :winkiss: Not a photo goes by me without me exclaiming “oh! Must have!!”! Yesterday I showed a @Cookiefiend-inspired acquisition. Here are a few more. Once I saw this beauty on Ms @LKBNOLA, I obsessed about it until I gave it a whirl. It’s a keeper! Bouquets Selliers.
View attachment 5583711
Ms @Redbirdhermes gave me the confidence to trust my instincts and go with this bright green in Les Normands. It’s one of my very favorite scarves.
View attachment 5583712
Ms @Cookiefiend’s inspo again. Looked for this for years and so glad it became part of my collex this year. L’Arbre de Vie.
View attachment 5583713
Ms Fifi (@Living.la.vida.fifi) inspo with the harvest-colored Kachinas GT:
View attachment 5583714
I had a hard time choosing this cw over that red/caramel cw of Promenade a Paris, but it was Ms @Nomad who helped me choose. So glad I did.
View attachment 5583715
Ms @Agrume was my silk inspiration that enabled me to go with this stunner. Les Bassetts.

View attachment 5583716
Everyone helped with this one! Christine Henry’s iconic Axis Mundi.
View attachment 5583717
And dear @LKBNOLA’s inspo once again. The fabulous Grand Theatre Nouveau. All archive shots.
View attachment 5583718
These are all gorgeous! AND it would take me more than a week to show all the scarves that have made their way to me through your inspiration, generosity and friendship dear @Karenska. From my Paperoles to my moussie bandana to my current triangle love affair you have just modeled exactly what I hope to emulate in my own collecting: patience, discernment and a true sense of what works for you. :flowers: dear silkie friend!

Status
Not open for further replies.