Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I neglected to mention another reason why chrysanthemums are my favourite flower - they are edible :blush: Flowers = Food!

Yes, as a true blue Singaporean, I am very into food :lol: Edible plants especially fascinate me. Dried chrysanthemum flowers are steeped in hot water with rock sugar as a drink. My late grandfather had pots of chrysanthemums in his yard, and he would add the white petals to his porridge.

Some mums in enamel work on Collections Imperial
View attachment 5403165
One of my guilty pleasures is reading cookbooks, and the ones which enthrall me most are those about creating wedding cakes. The fondant icing and flowers are gorgeous! Sometimes, crystallized flowers are used. I would love to grow my own roses so that I can eat them (crazy but true).

This is a beautiful rose I spotted at a flower shop. I didn't buy it, but I snapped a photo. And my SOTD La Rosee. I love the stormy changeant moussie that @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend have but the colour wouldn't work for me. This is La Rosee in a stole format.
View attachment 5403167
Hubby grows lotus flowers. They are edible, but I haven't had a chance to eat any yet as hubby likes them too much to let me have a go at them :lol:
A lotus bud blooming and Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 5403166
There are hibiscus flowers on Flamingo Party, and in my garden. I've drunk tea with dried hibiscus flowers mixed in. I wonder if the fresh flowers can be eaten too.
View attachment 5403168
And lastly, flowers which I do eat regularly. Blue butterfly pea petals are added to my salads or tint my rice. The deep vibrant blue looks almost like the colour in the centre of my Fleurs d'Opera!
View attachment 5403169
This was fascinating @xincinsin! I share your guilty pleasure in reading cookbooks for fun but aside from squash blossom soup, nasturtiums in a salad and hibiscus tea I have not partaken of many! Your scarf examples are as compelling as your edible fantasies!
In researching the flowers in Regina, I ended up coming back to the article recently referenced by @xincinsin. (The scarf photo is mine.)

"The new [scarf] shows a bouquet combining the rose of England, the thistle of Scotland, the shamrock of Ireland, the leek of Wales and France's fleur de lys."

View attachment 5402914

I'm wearing my red Regina today.

View attachment 5403201
Beautiful and how interesting that the scarf carries within it a message of diplomatic harmony as well...Looking very lovely on your blue sweater @Redbirdhermes.
Beautiful Flora Graeca in both formats and what a lovely styling of FoSA-- on which I am so delighted to be twins @Croisette7. I love it with the pretty tassel pendant and your lace top!

I neglected to mention another reason why chrysanthemums are my favourite flower - they are edible :blush: Flowers = Food!

Yes, as a true blue Singaporean, I am very into food :lol: Edible plants especially fascinate me. Dried chrysanthemum flowers are steeped in hot water with rock sugar as a drink. My late grandfather had pots of chrysanthemums in his yard, and he would add the white petals to his porridge.

Some mums in enamel work on Collections Imperial
View attachment 5403165
One of my guilty pleasures is reading cookbooks, and the ones which enthrall me most are those about creating wedding cakes. The fondant icing and flowers are gorgeous! Sometimes, crystallized flowers are used. I would love to grow my own roses so that I can eat them (crazy but true).

This is a beautiful rose I spotted at a flower shop. I didn't buy it, but I snapped a photo. And my SOTD La Rosee. I love the stormy changeant moussie that @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend have but the colour wouldn't work for me. This is La Rosee in a stole format.
View attachment 5403167
Hubby grows lotus flowers. They are edible, but I haven't had a chance to eat any yet as hubby likes them too much to let me have a go at them :lol:
A lotus bud blooming and Fleurs de Lotus
View attachment 5403166
There are hibiscus flowers on Flamingo Party, and in my garden. I've drunk tea with dried hibiscus flowers mixed in. I wonder if the fresh flowers can be eaten too.
View attachment 5403168
And lastly, flowers which I do eat regularly. Blue butterfly pea petals are added to my salads or tint my rice. The deep vibrant blue looks almost like the colour in the centre of my Fleurs d'Opera!
View attachment 5403169

My daughter gave me chrysanthemum tea purchased during the time she spent in China, I found it beneficial to relaxation.

We're a foodie family (DH is Italian) and I love reading cookbooks, I'm in the process of looking for yet another bookcase to house my overflowing cookery book collection!

An unmissable culinary destination is Guildhall Library, London which houses the largest collection of food, cookery and drink related books in the UK.

The rose is my fav flower, I really should add La Rosee to my collection. You have a beautiful stole, the roses really stand out :heart:

Coming to you live from a work seminar in Atlanta. I packed exactly two pieces - Jaguar quetzal shawl for my flight and space derby. Will not be able to post this week but wanted to add my space derby to this amazing theme. @Redbirdhermes your posts and insights are amazing! Thank you !!
I love them! I have been in search of a black and white scarf for 2 years — across website, my local store, and other countries!! Goes with everything! Enjoy.

Frustrating to lose all my quotes! Trying again...
A lovely draperie!
Thank you very much @Croisette7-- so many pretty ways to tie this one!
For those who like Katie Scott's designs, I found this at the library last night (while looking for a Batman comic :giggle: )
View attachment 5402288
I do love Katie Scott designs. Thank you @xincinsin!
I. Love. That. Knot! Great for hiding borders. Would love deets!
Thank you @Snausages. I replied to @Nomad below.
Today I'm wearing another Kermit Oliver design that has birds and flowers around the border. The Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation limited edition of La Vie Sauvage du Texas. Once again I'm stumped as to the identity of most of the blossoms, but thanks to yesterday's study of Passiflores, Oliver's passion flower jumped out at me. And, I had to include the adorable goldfinch.

View attachment 5401763

I'd like to focus on one other blossom, this pretty aster, and tell you my story about this plant.

View attachment 5401765

This is Gaillardia pulchella, also known as Indian Blanket, Firewheel, or Girasol Rojo. This internet photo was taken at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Austin, Texas. There are legends about this flower, including one where the wife of a Native American chief wove a blanket for her husband in order to pray for his safe return. The threads were red and orange, like the flower.

View attachment 5401766

This beautiful flower is native to much of the United States, including where I live. I first encountered it many years ago when I offered to plant flowers next to my flying club's airport hangar. I chose native wildflowers and these plants did quite excellent, and for several years we had beautiful blooms. Then, one spring an airport maintenance person was out spraying weeds and noticed these plants coming up that were clearly not grass. He put so much weed killer on them that nothing grows there to this day. Thus ended my small attempt at airport beautification. :annoyed:

Introducing my scarf of the day, Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Conservation.

View attachment 5402310
OK, well if I nearly died of envy at your Texas Wildlife I am most definitely on silken life support over this one @Redbirdhermes! A grail for sure and yours is a beauty.
Rocking my Duo Cosmique with an emphasis on displaying the large peony and other florals since mine are starting to bloom!
Twins! It looks great and I too love that corner @LolaWhisp!
Thank you for showing this lovely gav flat @HScarfCollector !
I stopped in my tracks here. Oh my! Brilliant way of hiding the border as @Snausages said. We both need deets on how you did this. And is this the vibrant one with black border?
Thank you so much @Nomad-- yes, this is the black border that I am twins with @Cookiefiend, who inspired me to find it! For @Snausages too-- the knot is a simple tie. Bias fold your scarf and before you tie the knot in the center, give the middle of the scarf several good twists. Then your knot will be soft and round instead of square or pointed. Tie behind your neck or affix with a small CdA at the length you desire. It is just a hack on Mai Tai's "Scarf Necklace."
Au Coeur de la Vie.
One of the most beautiful H scarves depicting the heart of life with flowers, plants and animals.

View attachment 5402478

View attachment 5402479

Jardins d'Hiver 2015 issue.

Extract from the H booklet:
Evoking the Garden of Eden, this composition takes inspiration from plant tapestries called verdures that were fashionable at the close of the Middle Ages in Europe. Legendary gardens bloom within it, issuing an invitation to linger.
The hanging gardens of Babylon, one of the seven wonders of the world, overlook a labyrinth of trimmed topiary.

View attachment 5402481

Jardin de Soie by Christine Henry, renowned for her distinctive floral designs.

Extract from the H booklet:
To design this scarf, Christine Henry immersed herself in the precious collections of the Musée des Tissus et des Arts Décoratifs in Lyon. Medieval tapestries, antique tunics and extremely rare screens have inspired this silk garden with its sumptuous bestiary. Byzantine animals, Chinese shrubs, Russian griffins and Indian foliage intertwine, celebrating the artistic exchange between East and West.

View attachment 5402498
Just marvelous @orchard! I could look at these forever. I am sisters on ACdlV and Jardins de Soie and they are among my very favorites too.
Yesterday I wore Fleurs de Giverny. I love the flowers in it. And that water Lilly :love: . My 9th Hermes scarf which says it all. My first 12 I made no mistakes. Patting myself on the back for that ha. Made many mistakes after.
View attachment 5402484
Some archive of what I consider my true ‘floral’ scarves, and those with that one flower that just does it for me and grabbed me at hello. I‘ll thumbnail. I wish I could have participated more in this week. I love flowers.
Tresors d‘artiste
View attachment 5402488
into the Canadian wild
View attachment 5402489
View attachment 5402487View attachment 5402490
Au pays des oiseaux-fleurs
View attachment 5402493
jardin de leila
View attachment 5402494
peuple de vent
View attachment 5402496
a L’ombre des pivoines
View attachment 5402497
christine Henry does flowers so well. jardin de soie. I loved the gav so much I bought 4 cw’s! Maybe 5
View attachment 5402491View attachment 5402492
two twillies of Jardin anglais
View attachment 5402538
Oh @Nomad! Your Giverny is stunning on you and all your archive florals are fantastic! We are twins and sisters on several and I have bookmarked this whole post to savor...and for inspiration. The double twilly look I have never ever tried and you make it look perfect.
Off-theme and not technically a scarf, but wearing my Mysterious Rider pocket square for a Friday in the office:
View attachment 5402525
It looks lovely @leechiyong -- what a pretty orange hem.
Varangues featuring hibiscus (and a cut from my own plant)

View attachment 5402522
View attachment 5402523

More tropical flowers in Tropiques

View attachment 5402524

Tiny flowers in Les Ailes Pleins de Joie (original issue, pocket square. Reissued in 2016 in70cm) If anyone knows the year for my pochette, please share :flowers:

View attachment 5402553

Vol Amoreux Des Azures

View attachment 5402555

La Femme Aux Semelles Du Vent

View attachment 5402563
An amazing parade of beauties @HScarfCollector -- I have a soft spot for the hibiscus as you will see :hugs: And those little zebras in Tropiques always make me smile...
Love it and I love your pearl snd peridot earr, too.
Thank you @Karenska!
Happy Friday!
The flower man was out today in the Quai aux Fleurs… he had roses…
Rose - red roses - love and respect
View attachment 5402664
Marigold - grief, jealously,
View attachment 5402666
and these pretty flowers? Daisies perhaps - innocence, loyal love
View attachment 5402665
Perhaps Zinnia yellow - Daily remembrance
View attachment 5402667
Lovely flowers abound!
View attachment 5402676
View attachment 5402675
This is simply stunning-- what a gorgeous floral and jacquard. Wow. Just wow.
oh golly… that’s gorgeous!
Why thank you @Cookiefiend-- my dear twin and inspiration :smile: !
Twins or sisters with SOTD Eleftheria two ways; am braid for lunch with the boss and pm relaxed drape for some desk work before heading home. Elias Kafouros’ design includes “Mountainside houses, bell towers, ancient colonnades, bridges, and terraces flower at the heart of luxurious nature.”
Sisters! and i love how you have styled it for both occasions @de vent!
Cheval du Marwari with some flowers, some flowers on Parade de Leonhardi and Pique Fleuri. I love this week and it could keep going if it were for me.
Oh, my goodness-- these are all so so so lovely. You have the Marwari that I love (though my pink is also special :winkiss: ) @Maedi!

Good morning. Thank you all for a beautiful floral week and to @xincinsin for wonderful posts and hosting. I agree with @Maedi that I wish it could go on and on... I am posting new scarf mail that arrived yesterday-- just in the nick of time! Thanks to scarfie friends who helped me find this personal grail. The hibiscus flower has many many meanings and associations in tropical lore and across many Pacific and Asian cultures but to me it is a sentimental favorite as every single house I grew up in had at least one tall stand of hibiscus as a hedge or fence lining enclosures, patios or verandas. So I was very motivated to find Varangues by Dmitri Rybalchenko. This design actually depicts a scene from Mauritius (according to Carre de Paris' blog) but to me it is uncannily reminiscent of childhood. I also love that in flower lore the deep pink hibiscus symbolizes warmth and friendship so it is perfect for this TPF community!
IMG_1448.jpg
Varangues.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.