Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its gray and freezing today. So I threw on some black comfy joggers and a cold rated material black turtleneck so it is tight for it’s insulation purposes. Then I saw myself in the mirror and all I could think of was the snl skit of sprockets :lol:. So I threw on my brown sweater overcoat and a colorful wild animal to make me not laugh all day.
I am realizing I like gavs in winter for a hit of color even if over a turtleneck or under a loose one. Trying to justify my gav collection!! Version of H math ladies and a lot of creative thinking :giggle:
06A3DD85-B353-44B9-AFBC-D733FEA1DF82.jpegBDE3C254-5AA4-429D-A650-CF55CC44B965.jpegfrom Getty images.

Its gray and freezing today. So I threw on some black comfy joggers and a cold rated material black turtleneck so it is tight for it’s insulation purposes. Then I saw myself in the mirror and all I could think of was the snl skit of sprockets :lol:. So I threw on my brown sweater overcoat and a colorful wild animal to make me not laugh all day.
I am realizing I like gavs in winter for a hit of color even if over a turtleneck or under a loose one. Trying to justify my gav collection!! Version of H math ladies and a lot of creative thinking :giggle:
View attachment 5297067View attachment 5297069from Getty images.
Omg, I remember that skit! :smile:

Medium kitty - Tigre Royal Fleuri
View attachment 5297204
Medium picture of big kitty - Grand Theater Nouveau
View attachment 5297205
Bigger kitty - Jungle Love dip dye
View attachment 5297203
Big kitty! Tyger Tyger (SOTD)
View attachment 5297206
Oh wow, @Cookiefiend that looks to be a bush baby showing on the Jungle Love you're wearing! I had no idea there was one hiding in that design. I was always distracted by the two big cats I think and never bothered to look at the corners, woah! In a former life I was a primatologist so any Hermes with monkeys, lemurs, primates I have to have. Adding that one to my wish list..!

Champagne is one of my weaknesses.
zomg. You and me! Cheers! ❤️
Oh wow, @Cookiefiend that looks to be a bush baby showing on the Jungle Love you're wearing! I had no idea there was one hiding in that design. I was always distracted by the two big cats I think and never bothered to look at the corners, woah! In a former life I was a primatologist so any Hermes with monkeys, lemurs, primates I have to have. Adding that one to my wish list..!
Yes! I was very proud of myself (:giggle: - it’s the little things!) for getting that sweet lil creature up front and center! It’s a marvelous scarf in the first place - but I love the birds and little creatures in the border most of all... and the marvelous color of the dip dye - it’s SO amazing. ❤️
Major kudos to you though, a primatologist! I am very impressed! :hugs:

A long and busy week, I post the scarves I wore in one post. Enjoy the weekend!

Monday - Savanah dance in small.
View attachment 5296694

Tuesday: echoing Awillow with Nothing but a dreamer.
View attachment 5296695

Wednesday: Lalbhai, with its tigers as the wildest thing on it.
View attachment 5296696

Thursday: Rêves d'Australie, with its phantastic creatures (fighting for attention with the wild beasts on my blouse).
View attachment 5296697
All gorgeous, but your Lalbhai and Reve d'Austrailie are rare and so droolworthy!

I fell for this colorway of Mythes et Métamorphoses after seeing it modeled by @Croisette7 . It is also owned by @scarf1 , and I’m sure there are others. I’m inspired daily by your beautiful scarves and modeling shots. Thank you so much.

View attachment 5296729

Some of the strange beasts on this scarf.

View attachment 5296730View attachment 5296731View attachment 5296732View attachment 5296733

Introducing my Mythes et Métamorphoses as my SOTD.

View attachment 5296736
So gorgeous! This CW was made for you! I am your sister with the green version!

Thank you, LKB. I did some research before I did the project to deplisse my Turandot. It was clear that a plisse cannot be handwashed and remain a plisse, and I can vouch for this fact. After a minute or two in the sudsy water the pleats were gone and it handled the same as a regular silk scarf. So, effectively the pleats were not ironed out, they were washed out. As for the hem, I iron right up to it, and leave the hem untouched. This is why some waviness from the former pleats remains in the hems.

Before photo

View attachment 5296746

The hems after

View attachment 5296747View attachment 5296748
Thanks for the in-process photos! This will enable me (and others) to take a chance with a not-quite-it scarf!

Here are a couple more exotic creatures I wore this past week.

Zebra Pegasus- that most wonderful of exotic flying creatures (in a rare, no lippy day!)

View attachment 5296811

And Marche du Zambeze, filled with all manner of exotic creatures big and small.

View attachment 5296810
Lovely choices Bunnycat!

Croisette this one doesn't look like much when it's flat, but it is such an amazing CW when tied! Thanks for demonstrating the 'look twice' rule of thumb.

View attachment 5297204
View attachment 5297205
View attachment 5297203
View attachment 5297206
Wow! That Tyger Tyger is amazing! Love it with that sweater!

Hi all! Today I wore the three things I have the biggest fashion weakness for: a liberty print, black watch tartan, and a Hermes scarf.
Bonus pic of me in Sweet Dreams earlier this week!View attachment 5297549View attachment 5297550
Gorgeous smile - and love everything else, too!

All gorgeous, but your Lalbhai and Reve d'Austrailie are rare and so droolworthy!

Thanks for the in-process photos! This will enable me (and others) to take a chance with a not-quite-it scarf!

Lovely choices Bunnycat!

Croisette this one doesn't look like much when it's flat, but it is such an amazing CW when tied! Thanks for demonstrating the 'look twice' rule of thumb.

Thank you!

Show us all your scarves with primates for our Valentine's Day theme, and I'm sure our scarf sisters will add to your wish list!

Different day, different samourais.
I love this cw of the samourai.
Your MdZ is stunning, Nahreen, and where were you when that “little guy” appeared? :wtf: They are fearsome, indeed, and so primitive-looking.
Thank you. I was luckily in the safari jeep sitting a few meters up and he was on a bank on the other side of a small river. This was in Serengeti in TZ. This is also where we took my avatar photo.

It seems to have been a delightful week! ❤

hahaha! Perfect!

Beautiful color, my favorite on this scar& is the winged horse - just fabulous!

I love this, it adds so much interest!

Thank you sweetheart!

Fantabulous! Both are perfect on black too!

How lovely - gray (?) and pink! :love:

This is incredible! :faint:
View attachment 5297067View attachment 5297069from Getty images.

It adds the perfect touch! (And veers firmly away from sprockets!)

View attachment 5297204
View attachment 5297205
View attachment 5297203
View attachment 5297206

Yaaaas! All the kitties- all day long!

Hi all! Today I wore the three things I have the biggest fashion weakness for: a liberty print, black watch tartan, and a Hermes scarf.
Bonus pic of me in Sweet Dreams earlier this week!View attachment 5297549View attachment 5297550

Your sweet dreams is perfect!

Lovely choices Bunnycat!

Thank you Florasun!

they are fearsome! Fortunately, your sweet blue one isn’t too scary!
Yes the one on the scarf looks a bit nicer than the ones I

:lol: You would not last five seconds on a swamp boat @Nahreen-- better enjoy your crocodiles on a scarf!
Agree, better to enjoy the crocodiles in safety at home, mosquito free:biggrin:. I would probably fall off the boat fighting off the mosquitos.

Thank goodness for wifi at airport terminals! Here's my travel SOTD and also what's happening critterwise while I wait to board. I bought my granddaughter a stuffed alligator inspired by @Nahreen's La Marche du Zambeze! And he's ready for Mardi Gras of course.
View attachment 5296707View attachment 5296708
This so funny. He is adorable. Glad I could be of help ”finding” a gift for your granddaughter.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
Status
Not open for further replies.