Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Nomad

Jul 23, 2020
SOTD with my debut wearing of Objets de Curiosite, a darling of a curiosity shop as only Hermès can curate (um, try saying that three times :oh:).
View attachment 5615757 View attachment 5615756
Me wearing Hermès sample lipstick Rose Tan. I like it!
View attachment 5615758
So many things to Love about this on you. The border looks great against the dark top. Those sun streaks are front and center, and that blue around the neck is such a nice Blue. Congratulations on picking a cw. Wonderful brooch

Karenska

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2022
Oct 5, 2018
So many things to Love about this on you. The border looks great against the dark top. Those sun streaks are front and center, and that blue around the neck is such a nice Blue. Congratulations on picking a cw. Wonderful brooch
Dear Nomad, thank you for your lovely observations, you always have such valuable input ❤️. I returned the yellow cw, which I loved but it didn’t do a thing for me. I agree about the blue. And the orange hem is arresting. And then there’s that aubergine. I am twins with my dear LKBNOLA, too! The brooch is a recent find!

Karenska

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2022
Oct 5, 2018
I am going to be traveling for a few days so I am relying on older photos. Giving a hat tip here to twins and sisters -- sharing Le Potager Extraoridinaire, which besides all the adorable vignettes that @Redbirdhermes pointed out yesterday reminds me of the treehouse my father built for us to play and read in when we were children. I loved it so much that my husband and I later built one for our own kids.
View attachment 5615343 View attachment 5615350
I do not have my Zabavushka with me, as I wear it in the winter months, but as @Nomad pointed out, it is full of toys, dolls and other playthings, depicting as it does, an actual museum of Russian folk toys. Here's a photo from last December:
View attachment 5615344 View attachment 5615346
@Maedi's sweet Le Jeu de Petits Bonheurs reminds me of a board game, all manner of which which my family loves to play, so here is Le Tour du Monde en 63 Cases-- a scarf that even came with a pair of dice!
View attachment 5615345 View attachment 5615348
And finally, @xincinsin mentioned adult coloring books and lately I spend quite a lot of time sitting at a very small table on a very small chair while my granddaughter imperiously commands me to draw a cat or a rabbit or a truck with this color or that color of her choosing. So here is A Vos Crayons!
View attachment 5615349 View attachment 5615347
Great examples and great styling, Lkb. I love your treehouse story. For me, Le Potager Extraordinaire reminds me of my Italian grandfather lovingly tended hisbamazing vegetable garden right up to his passing. It was a labor of love.

Karenska

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2022
Oct 5, 2018
Some toys scattered about the room in Objets de Curiosite.

View attachment 5614174 View attachment 5614175 View attachment 5614176
View attachment 5614173

As I've mentioned before, it reminds me of my house after a visit from my 2 year-old GS.

View attachment 5614181

My SOTD is Objets de Curiosite.

View attachment 5614177
Lovely post, lovely scarf, RBH. And dear grandson has grown so! What a sweetheart. I just posted about Objets; you have the cw I first considered. It’s lovely on you. :tup:

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007

LKBNOLA

Feb 2, 2017
It's been borderline too hot for scarves of late, but I got one of the new Hourglass holiday palettes featuring artwork by Katie Scott and decided to pull out my Les Toucans by the same artist as today's SOTD.

View attachment 5615414 View attachment 5615419

There are two other palette variations, one with tigers and the other butterflies.
This is a lovely cw-- another example of the colors changing the dynamic of a scarf. I have the teal version of this and it feels quite a bit different @labelo. I love Katie Scott too and have non-scarf items of hers as well...
These are all so wonderful and your knots and styling are perfection. My potager is a different color and I am so enamored by this plum blue you and @Redbirdhermes have.
Thank you @Maedi-- this was on y wish list for a long time and although I was iffy about some parts of the cw it really is quite a magical blue! @Redbirdhermes and I are triplets with @Nomad as well. I hardly ever see this design and would love to see your cw. I know only of @croisette's cheerful yellow one...
Thank you, Lkbnola. I lost it, too, when I saw her Corgis Muick and Sandy and Fell pony, Emma. What a day….
Very emotional and evocative for any pet lover dear @Karenska...
Pulling out a vintage Ledoux for today. I actually lettered in golf in high school, so I have a soft spot for the game.

View attachment 5615117
View attachment 5615118 View attachment 5615119 View attachment 5615120

SOTD is The Royal and Ancient Game of Golf.

View attachment 5615437
This is fantastic @Redbirdhermes and is there any end to your talents? This is Ledoux? Fabulous scarf.
View attachment 5615518 The first Hermès carré ever represents a game: Jeu des Omnibus et Dames Blanches. It was first issued in 1937, and I suspect it was to celebrate the centennial of the house, founded in 1837. Artist Hugo Grygkar took inspiration from a 19th-century board game in Emile Hermès’s personal collection.
Oh so beautiful and such a wonderful theme connection @CMHou! I forgot about this one! I have the reissue in a 70 size love it. Yours is so lovely on your blue top. I am wondering how you tied it...
Sorry for the same scarf today. Just going through wardrobe conversion to Fall/ Winter. zaba was out already and didn’t wear this pink vest this year so voila lol. Russian dolls are in the front. Scarf has some worn well flop so they are peaking.
View attachment 5615656
That is a great color combination @Nomad!
I was fascinated by lanterns as a child. Do they count?

View attachment 5615673
Oh it really shines on the black and cream tops @Maedi! Love your gold chains too. I am over the moon to have finally become your twin (via the magical intervention of our amazing @Snausages). And @Nomad's too. I really had a coup de foudre for this design/cw from the minute I saw it. H color magic for sure...
Wowza! These are all amazing looks! But that potager is :ps: . Is Tour in a braid? The graphics are so dense I’m not 100% sure. how do I not own this
You definitely need this one if you are a Pierre Marie fan @Nomad! My DH calls this red one my "candy cane" scarf :lol: There are a lot of lovely cws out there and it is definitely not hard to find...
SOTD with my debut wearing of Objets de Curiosite, a darling of a curiosity shop as only Hermès can curate (um, try saying that three times :oh:).
View attachment 5615757 View attachment 5615756
Me wearing Hermès sample lipstick Rose Tan. I like it!
View attachment 5615758
Oh, so lovely @Karenska! Thank you so much for helping me decide on this one when I was unsure earlier in the season. So happy we both settled o this lovely cw. It is a wonderful "meta" scarf design and while the cw that @Redbirdhermes has is the best in my opinion for the design (it shows the Bees, the trees and the Greek keys to the fullest), this one is beautiful on you! Nice to see you back :heart:
Great examples and great styling, Lkb. I love your treehouse story. For me, Le Potager Extraordinaire reminds me of my Italian grandfather lovingly tended hisbamazing vegetable garden right up to his passing. It was a labor of love.
What a lovely association to have dear Karenska and thank you!

Karenska

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2022
Oct 5, 2018
Like @Nomad, I also thought of dolls, and my SOTD is a doll of a different kind. According to a post I found, "Kachina dolls have long been a tradition among the Hopi tribes. They also have spiritual significance for the Navajo and are commonly crafted by Navajo artists." I used to have a doll collection that was started by my grandmother. She brought me a doll from anywhere she traveled, usually in native costume. I did not consider them playthings but a cherished collection (perhaps a precursor to my scarf collecting propensities :giggle: ). She never brought me a Kachina doll, but now I have a scarf full of them!

View attachment 5614743
Gorgeous! I don’t know a cw or a format of Kachinas that I don’t love. The graphics and artwork, the way the design ties, the extraordinary colors, whether a 90, a giant triangle, or a maxi twilly, it’s just the perfect scarf. Here’s one of mine, fitting in with the last three weeks’ of themes: Autumn, Breathless, and Toys.
Dolls, like scarves, are unique and exquisite. Your recollection reminds me of my own small collection of Madame Alexander Little Women dolls, which I treasured. My favorite was Jo March, that smart, sincere and passionate heroine of my favorite childhood book. ❤️

9DD5D1AB-620D-4374-9132-D4A3BF30596D.jpeg

Last edited:

LKBNOLA

Feb 2, 2017
I will be leaving to spend the Jewish New Year holiday with my family at the crack of dawn tomorrow but I wanted to post another scarf that reminds me so much of childhood. In my case, my siblings and I loved to snorkel and because we lived in the Antilles, the sea life was beautiful and abundant. We even had a little glass bottom dinghy so we could see the fish and coral reefs even as we rowed to shore from our sailboat! Later my own kids and grandkids loved, loved, loved two Disney movies that I associate with the title of this scarf: Under the Waves. Shirley's beautiful ocean graphics definitely call to mind the sweet and silly creatures in the Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo... Now, if you know it, break into the chorus of "Under the Sea" :lol:
...Under the sea
We got no troubles
Life is all bubbles
Under the sea...
Under the Waves.jpg

Under the Waves (07).jpeg Under the Sea.jpeg

Karenska

TEAM SCARF MISTRESS 2022
Oct 5, 2018
I will be leaving to spend the Jewish New Year holiday with my family at the crack of dawn tomorrow but I wanted to post another scarf that reminds me so much of childhood. In my case, my siblings and I loved to snorkel and because we lived in the Antilles, the sea life was beautiful and abundant. We even had a little glass bottom dinghy so we could see the fish and coral reefs even as we rowed to shore from our sailboat! Later my own kids and grandkids loved, loved, loved two Disney movies that I associate with the title of this scarf: Under the Waves. Shirley's beautiful ocean graphics definitely call to mind the sweet and silly creatures in the Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo... Now, if you know it, break into the chorus of "Under the Sea" :lol:
...Under the sea
We got no troubles
Life is all bubbles
Under the sea...
View attachment 5615804

View attachment 5615805 View attachment 5615807
Wonderful post, dear LKB, thinking of Sebastian and his Caribbean accent :lol:. Magnificent cw of UTW, beautiful on you, and a sweet recollection. I think @MAGJES is your twin and once gave me a big thimbs up on this cw, but I didn’t acquire it. My loss. Safe travels and blessings as you begin your holy days. :hugs:

Reactions: Maedi

Maedi

O.G.
Feb 21, 2009

Maedi

O.G.
Feb 21, 2009
We are! I think it’s such a marvel. I didnt keep the pink/etoupe Grande Theatre Nouveaux because it just wasn’t enough around my neck, even though it was beautiful. This pink with the graphics is so much better for me.
Beautifully said. I agree that it's a marvel and unique in its color. I always am drawn to beige on scarves and there are so many nuances of beige.

Reactions: Nomad