Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fell for this colorway of Mythes et Métamorphoses after seeing it modeled by @Croisette7 . It is also owned by @scarf1 , and I’m sure there are others. I’m inspired daily by your beautiful scarves and modeling shots. Thank you so much.

View attachment 5296729

Some of the strange beasts on this scarf.

View attachment 5296730View attachment 5296731View attachment 5296732View attachment 5296733

Introducing my Mythes et Métamorphoses as my SOTD.

View attachment 5296736
This is beautiful -- the color looks wonderful on you. It is so rich and intricate! I too have many @Croisette7 inspired silks!
Thank you, LKB. I did some research before I did the project to deplisse my Turandot. It was clear that a plisse cannot be handwashed and remain a plisse, and I can vouch for this fact. After a minute or two in the sudsy water the pleats were gone and it handled the same as a regular silk scarf. So, effectively the pleats were not ironed out, they were washed out. As for the hem, I iron right up to it, and leave the hem untouched. This is why some waviness from the former pleats remains in the hems.

Before photo

View attachment 5296746

The hems after

View attachment 5296747View attachment 5296748
This is great to hear and learn about. Thank you for the extra photos and the detailed explanation @Redbirdhermes!
You look fantastic in this! Love these metallic neutrals!
Here are a couple more exotic creatures I wore this past week.
Zebra Pegasus- that most wonderful of exotic flying creatures (in a rare, no lippy day!)

View attachment 5296811

And Marche du Zambeze, filled with all manner of exotic creatures big and small.

View attachment 5296810
The pink ZP triangle looks gorgeous on you @bunnycat-- I am so glad you ended up with this one. And thank you!
So elegant!
Such an amazing color of this absolutely fabulous design @Croisette7! And thank you as always for the compliment!
L'Epopee d'Hermes in 140 CSGM has so many wonderful beasties hiding in it. Six generations of Hermes family traditions provided a lot of material to inspire designer Jan Bajtlik's imagination. I love his creativity and whimsical designs! There is the beast of burden loaded with H treasures, the dragon with the heart-shaped box, and the tiger pulling what looks to be "Flowers of South Africa" flowers out of a Birkin.
View attachment 5296917View attachment 5296918View attachment 5296919View attachment 5296920
Fantastic, which cw is this one @EtsyBoss?
This is gorgeous! So much better than any pic H ever produced of it!
I a TIA with @bunnycat on this @EtsyBoss-- your pictures are fabulous. The mod shot almost makes the cashmere seem shimmery!
Its gray and freezing today. So I threw on some black comfy joggers and a cold rated material black turtleneck so it is tight for it’s insulation purposes. Then I saw myself in the mirror and all I could think of was the snl skit of sprockets :lol:. So I threw on my brown sweater overcoat and a colorful wild animal to make me not laugh all day.
I am realizing I like gavs in winter for a hit of color even if over a turtleneck or under a loose one. Trying to justify my gav collection!! Version of H math ladies and a lot of creative thinking :giggle:
View attachment 5297067View attachment 5297069from Getty images.
You crack me up @Nomad but you look amazing! Really nice way to use the gavs in winter!
Medium kitty - Tigre Royal Fleuri
View attachment 5297204
Medium picture of big kitty - Grand Theater Nouveau
View attachment 5297205
Bigger kitty - Jungle Love dip dye
View attachment 5297203
Big kitty! Tyger Tyger (SOTD)
View attachment 5297206
This is such a "witty-kitty" post @Cookiefiend and they are all so special. I still look at that dip dye and :faint:
Hi all! Today I wore the three things I have the biggest fashion weakness for: a liberty print, black watch tartan, and a Hermes scarf.
Bonus pic of me in Sweet Dreams earlier this week!View attachment 5297549View attachment 5297550
A great look -- the "pattern mixing" works! Twins on Sweet Dreams @laurenad-- I think you were one of my enabler/inspirers!
Agree, better to enjoy the crocodiles in safety at home, mosquito free:biggrin:. I would probably fall off the boat fighting off the mosquitos.
This so funny. He is adorable. Glad I could be of help ”finding” a gift for your granddaughter.
:lol: and thank you-- she loved it @Nahreen!
Thank you, LKBNOLA - would love to see you wearing your Rêves d'A!
I will be sure to tag you when I do @Agrume!
Oh, lkb, I love Beloved India. I think it ties like a dream. I have thoight about adding one to my collection but haven't been able to decide on a cw to pursue. This one is lovely. ❤❤ Would you mind posting a few more mod shots?
Thank you @Awillow! Here you go:
Beloved India .jpgBeloved India 6.jpgBeloved India 9.jpg

Last edited:
Pegasus
The divine winged stallion, the offspring of Poseidon and Medusa, was born of Perseus’ beheading of the terrible snake-haired gorgon. Later, Zeus turned him into a constellation, a gift for all the world to gaze upon. Hermès has imagined Pegasus in many spectacular ways and is perhaps as important an Hermès icon as the real horse.

1-10-792x1024.jpg

Hippocrene, the sacred spring on Mt. Helicon, was formed by the hooves of Pegasus. Sacred to the Muses, it’s name translates as "Horse's Fountain" and the water is believed to bring forth poetic inspiration when imbibed. Here, in La Source du Pegase, Pierre Marie creates a riotous and magical scene of the birth of the Hippocrene. From The Story Behind:
“With a kick of a hoof from Pegasus… a spring bursts forth. Known as Hippocrene, this spring is located on Mount Helicon in Greece. The nine muses, daughters of Zeus and Mnemosyne, goddess of memory, would come to drink from it. Pierre Marie's narrative eloquence is expressed in both line and composition. His design, an allegory of an idea springing to mind, tells this wonderful story. It depicts Pegasus with radiating wings, and muses dancing a farandole in a joyful and fantastical setting that is as terrestrial as it is cosmic".
View attachment 5295775
View attachment 5295836
View attachment 5295780

Pegasus is also associated with storms, for Zeus charged him to bring thunderbolts and lightning to Mt Olympus. Here Dmitri Rybaltchenko creates a Pop Art fantasy, and our divine mount is depicted as a colorful cartoon in Pegase Pop:
carre-140-pegase-pop--432975S-06-flat-1-300-0-2048-2048-q40_b.jpg

View attachment 5295776

Alice Shirley imagines another equine species as the mythical Pegasus.
View attachment 5295781View attachment 5295777

Perhaps now the most iconic design of Hermès’ depictions of the mythical horse, Clair de Lune presents the moon’s face as a magnificent, rearing Pegasus with flowing mane, surrounded by blazing stars, planets, and shooting comets.
Picture 2 of 6

Picture 3 of 6

View attachment 5295778I can’t wait to see your various pégases!
Beautiful Pegase collection!
A few weeks ago someone inquired about a place to post what you’re seeking in hopes that someone will point you to your grail. There was a thread about the grail that’s been found. Here is the thread for grail-seeking:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/please-help-me-find.799438/

I enjoy the hunt even when not for me and have been able to assist a few folks so it’s not a fruitless thread.

To stay on topic I will post one of my found grails in several colorways. I’m only missing the blue. I present the wild wolf of Awoooo who somehow hides in the folds so he can howl sweet nothings in my earView attachment 5295296

View attachment 5295297
View attachment 5295299
Omg! You have the greeeeeennn!!! LOVE LOVE! I search for this one relentlessly. One day!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Karenska and Nomad
This is beautiful -- the color looks wonderful on you. It is so rich and intricate! I too have many @Croisette7 inspired silks!

This is great to hear and learn about. Thank you for the extra photos and the detailed explanation @Redbirdhermes!

The pink ZP triangle looks gorgeous on you @bunnycat-- I am so glad you ended up with this one. And thank you!

Such an amazing color of this absolutely fabulous design @Croisette7! And thank you as always for the compliment!

I a TIA with @bunnycat on this @EtsyBoss-- your pictures are fabulous. The mod shot almost makes the cashmere seem shimmery!

You crack me up @Nomad but you look amazing! Really nice way to use the gavs in winter!

This is such a "witty-kitty" post @Cookiefiend and they are all so special. I still look at that dip dye and :faint:

A great look -- the "pattern mixing" works! Twins on Sweet Dreams @laurenad-- I think you were one of my enabler/inspirers!

View attachment 5297766View attachment 5297767View attachment 5297771
Wow, lkb! This is fabulous! :love eyes: thank you!! We should rename sotd "The Most Dangerous Thread"

Last edited:

I must have missed you posting your sweet dreams! Can’t wait to see you model it!

Some adorable beasties for today ...

View attachment 5296046
This colorway is beautiful and I regret not going for it when it was Available. The hem :heart:
A few fabulous creatures…
The fabled phoenix magnificently portrayed in Mythiques Phoenix
View attachment 5295919

And, the wild pandemonium that includes wild beasts of L’Epopee d’Hermès
View attachment 5295920

Fabled and mythical beasts of La Charmante aux Animaux
View attachment 5295927

The cutest critters in mosaic trompe l’oeil of Cave Felem
View attachment 5295918

The Early America bestiary represented in traditional 18th century paper art styles
View attachment 5295922

View attachment 5295921

Dragons, phoenix and other creatures of Tsubas
View attachment 5295924
View attachment 5295925

Duo Cosmique’s powerful tiger and mythical phoenix
View attachment 5295931
View attachment 5295946

The whimsical animal deck of cards of Dame du Coeur a vos l’Honneur
View attachment 5295917
View attachment 5295928
Twins on Cave Feldman and Duo! I love your vibrant collection.
These colors are beautiful on you!

All gorgeous, but your Lalbhai and Reve d'Austrailie are rare and so droolworthy!

So gorgeous! This CW was made for you! I am your sister with the green version!

Thanks for the in-process photos! This will enable me (and others) to take a chance with a not-quite-it scarf!

Lovely choices Bunnycat!

Croisette this one doesn't look like much when it's flat, but it is such an amazing CW when tied! Thanks for demonstrating the 'look twice' rule of thumb.

Wow! That Tyger Tyger is amazing! Love it with that sweater!

Gorgeous smile - and love everything else, too!
Thank you! :heart:
Those are wonderful, and the blue shades in Pavement adorable!

Thank you, LKBNOLA - would love to see you wearing your Rêves d'A!

Your granddaughter will be delighted! as we are with your scarf!

Thank you for sharing, I love this cw, but never saw it flat.

Thank you, bunnycat!

You look gorgeous, and the pink shade of ZP really suits you!

Thank you, Croisette!

A wonderful cw, Croisette! and perfect with your purple jacket.

Yes, it is an entire country to dwell in, beautiful, Etsy-boss!

Thank you, Cookie!

Love this, Nomad!

one more beautiful than the other... this TygerTyger is gorgeous!

Great photos, Laurenad!

Thank you, Florasun!
Thank you! I love the tiger’s green eye ❤️
Wow! Hermès-Kitty-Collection! Gorgeous! :love:
Thank you dear! ❤️
All fabulous, Cookie!

Love your Sweet Dreams and your Black Watch coat!

Thank you Maedi ... I have the salmon as well.

Thank you, Agrume!
Thank you sweetheart! ❤️
SOTD Savana Dance, 70 cm, the border is the best

View attachment 5297744

View attachment 5297745
oh gosh - it sure is! :love:

Thank you!
’witty-kitty’ :giggle:
I am posting too shots I took last week when I was trying to "winterize" my Animapoli (as @Karenska calls them) by trying them with cooler tops. I was wearing one mostly only in fall and the other from last season seemed very spring/summer so I was trying to think outside the box! Twins with @Foxy trini and with @Nomad and cousins with almost everyone!
View attachment 5297772View attachment 5297773
I adore this green cw, kicking myself for missing out on it!
Pushing the boundaries on what works together... Joining the sweet dreams crowd.View attachment 5297798
Fantastic! :love:
Your little kitties are just the cutest! Little Coco says….”I feel pretty.”
Thanks sweetie! :hugs:

I am posting too shots I took last week when I was trying to "winterize" my Animapoli (as @Karenska calls them) by trying them with cooler tops. I was wearing one mostly only in fall and the other from last season seemed very spring/summer so I was trying to think outside the box! Twins with @Foxy trini and with @Nomad and cousins with almost everyone!
I should have had FOMO (an expression I learned from this thread :lol: ) when Animapolis was released! I would love to be cousin or twin to you! Both are wonderful and look so good on you „winterized“! :love:

Reactions: LKBNOLA
I agree! The border is wonderful! And so beautifully tied dear @Croisette7 :love:
Thank you, Katharina Luise!

Beautiful!

A gorgeous Savana Dance 70-- just love how you tied it and 100% agree about the border!
You look amazing in both, LKBNOLA!

Pushing the boundaries on what works together... Joining the sweet dreams crowd.View attachment 5297798

Eta: @LKBNOLA - this is what happens when you say, "We don't need no stinkin' rules!"
It works together, Awillow!

Thank you! :heart:

Thank you! I love the tiger’s green eye ❤

Thank you dear! ❤

Thank you sweetheart! ❤

oh gosh - it sure is! :love:

Thank you!
’witty-kitty’ :giggle:

I adore this green cw, kicking myself for missing out on it!

Fantastic! :love:

Thanks sweetie! :hugs:
Thank you, Cookie!

• Love
Reactions: Awillow
Status
Not open for further replies.