Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought my first pareo in 2007-ish. Used it once at the beach. Thought it needed re-homing. Then I discovered tPF and @bunnycat mod shots of all her cottons - a pareo as a scarf!!!! I am now mildly obsessed
View attachment 5581317
View attachment 5581320
View attachment 5581323
I'm so glad you finally joined the paleo train. :smile: They all look fab and that UTW pareo still eludes me!

I slid down the orange slide just as lockdown was starting in 2020. I decided that an Acte III Scene I was a scarf I needed in my collection, but it had debuted a few seasons before, and was only showing up sporadically. At the same time that I was figuring out how to order my scarf our dear @Karenska was also looking for a scarf design. We shared notes as we figured out together how to order from a boutique during lockdown when all of the stores were closed.

I always think of this forum and my scarf sister and patron of the arts, @Karenska, when I wear Acte III, Scene I, La Clairiere. She continues to be one of my great inspirations on this forum.

View attachment 5581608

My fav CW of Acte iii (and also my own CW) :tup:
This is truly an impossible week for me because-- truth be told-- I can't think of a scarf design that I have acquired since March 2020 that doesn't owe its provenance to one or more scarfies on this board. I echo @Redbirdhermes' grateful appreciation of the generosity, friendship and advice provided here starting with the team of scarf mistresses to the Original Gangsters and newbies like myself. I've worked hard (and fast-- as I started collecting late in life) and I can credit my beautiful scarves and explorations into new and delightful formats to my participation here. :flowers: :flowers: :heart::heart: But you have to start somewhere so I am going to share my Au Bout du Monde which was inspired/enabled and finally acquired thanks to @Cookiefiend, @Redbirdhermes, and @laurenad. I fell very hard for this design and feel it is a "spirit animal" type of scarf for me. I am still in the hunt for additional cws, but meantime, voila!
View attachment 5582324

ABduM ties like a dream. And the colors are so lush.

Last summer I remember @bunnycat showed so many of her beautiful collection of cotton pareos. Well shoot, I needed to add one of those to my Hermes scarf collection, and so I did.

Introducing Guepard pareo in rouge/ecru.

View attachment 5582383View attachment 5582384View attachment 5582385
Indeed and congrats on your Guepard. I had considered the blue and green one, but ended up waiting when I saw the Jin et Leo pareo that was coming out.

Thank you for a beautiful intro @bunnycat! I am inspired to look at this muffler when next I head to the H boutique. I agree with your assessment that it is a perfect mix of both. I have admired it on @Redbirdhermes too! Nom d'Or was one I was madly searching for a mod shot of during my week of hosting for a Golden Ratio post...so thank you for that, too!

Gorgeous post and scarf-- just a pleasure to linger over the design and your photos... I grew up where we did not see the northern constellations so when I returned to The United States for college and my adult life, I was a big fan of the constellations maps in the paper before the current fantastic night sky apps! This scarf looks great with that top and pearl pendant @Redbirdhermes.

Both Copuons are fantastic @Snausages and that necklace! Your Ivresse is a real beauty... what a hem!

Hmmm-- this is a wonderful color and a fabulous border! It looks great on yellow @GloWW0rM.

Oh, beautiful @FizzyWater! Thank you for posting it flat-- another fab colorway of this one.

A truly gorgeous Appaloosa gav @Karenska! You have tied it beautifully, too!

Oh, thank you for the shout-out silky friend! I adore this saturated pink and it looks amazing on the marigold top @Redbirdhermes. I am glad you added a Katie Scott to your collection. I love her work!

I just love your mod shots and the origin story you tell for this scarf of yours @Teaforparrots!

OMG! These are always breathtaking, show stopping fabulosity @Cookiefiend!

Wonderful! She made me do it too @Snausages! These combo ties are amazing. Adore the braid!

Very lovely on you @Hedgehog101!

Well imitation is the highest compliment @Redbirdhermes-- this is such a beauty...

So happy that you kept this one! Remind me why you don't like blues? They clearly love you!

Both of you look fantastic in this stunning and unusual cw of Offrandes @Cookiefiend and @Agrume!

Each of these is so lovely and perfect for your Texas weather @Snausages.

A beautiful appreciation of @Karenska's welcoming generosity and a beautiful result of your shared experience/learning! This is a pretty perfect pairing if you ask me @Redbirdhermes...which cw is this? Mine is cw12 but this looks much lighter...

Thank you!

Sending hugs back to you dear friend and best wishes for a good recovery for your family member, dear @Karenska. :hugs:

You are very welcome.

Good morning everyone. I'm so glad you've all had a great week floating on wings of silk and it was good to see so many beautiful examples flying through the pages here on SOTD.

Now, we will change lanes just a little with the last theme for the month.

31 Jul 2022 You’re the Inspiration: Scarves you bought because of someone or some event

It's pretty much a given that SOTD and the seasonal threads have all at one time or another caused our wallets a great deal of paining and suffering while simultaneously driving ourselves to add another thing to the wish list, or the "gotta get it now" list. It's hard some days not to be enabled by so many beautiful silks and cashmeres here and the wonderful mod shots people so graciously provide for us.

I am certainly no stranger to that game. When Premiere Chant came out, I was enthralled by all the lovely mod shots, but just couldn't make myself get another 90 when the general layout already reminded me of my Acte iii and none of the colors seemed "different" enough to me from it so I passed. I also always liked "Wow" just not enough for a full size 90. So when it came out as a silk muffler and I saw @Redbirdhermes mod shots of the lovely purple colorway, I knew I had to find it.

I hope you'll forgive the archive shots, but it is really, really hot here with no rain still.

Wow x Premiere Chant in just the right amount of design from each and great colors
. :tup:

View attachment 5579608

Animapolis has been a favorite scarf since it came out, and at the time, I wanted something darker than my Ugo Gattoni scarves so ended up with the deep burgundy/blue colorway (which I still love) but also adored the brightly colored one that I have seen so many of you wear. So when it showed up on the H site one day out of the blue in the bright colorway of the maxi twill slim, I grabbed it without hesitation.

View attachment 5579610

As for the other half of the week theme, I do occasionally buy scarves as either reminders or commemoratives of something special to me. Although my "job" is as a glass artist these days, I have a degree in Mathematics and so I had to have at least one scarf that honors that aspect of my life. This was a long search, since I only knew it was a men's scarf from around 2015, and had no name to go by since they don't really give men's scarves the kind of air time the women's scarves get so research was slow and tedious. But I finally (after several years of searching) found it and it is called Le Nombre d'Or, I believe, a crinkle cotton/silk 100cm filled with mathematical equations.

View attachment 5579613

There's sure to be some crossover's again this week and I'm eagerly awaiting all your wonderful inspired by someone or something special scarves!
Lovely intro and even lovelier scarves, dear Bunnycat. I am so very sorry about your beloved Finn. Sending you my condolences.

Your skin looks glowing and fresh!

Reactions: bunnycat
I'm loving all the inspiration stories this week. SOTD was certainly instrumental in my initial downfall in to scarfdom. I still try to wrench myself away from reaching triple scarf digits but I do have a lot of favorites now that will be with me some time.

When Zebra Pegasus came out, I have no idea what planet I was on, or what I decided on at the time. It probably came out when I was still adhering pretty closely to my "budget" and chose something else. But of course, repeated mod shots by various scarfies only led to backtracking to fill in ZP. The first one I got preloved was the pocket square. I wore it in my hair the other day because I made a "mistake" when dying my hair and now have some small "tabby stripes" :rolleyes: near my roots to fix.

zebrapeggav.jpg

Snickers modeled it afterwards. She was scarf safe here because she had just been to get her booster shots at the vet and was conked out after.

ZPsnick.jpg

And Jin et Leo pareo. When I first saw the design, it reminded me immediately of a particular picture I took of Frieda and Finnegan (when they were still young and bff) and I had to have it because it reminded me of them so much.

jin-et-leo-pareo--103450M 12-worn-1-0-0-800-800_b.jpg

friedafinntable.jpg

jinetleopareosummer.jpg

I'm loving all the inspiration stories this week. SOTD was certainly instrumental in my initial downfall in to scarfdom. I still try to wrench myself away from reaching triple scarf digits but I do have a lot of favorites now that will be with me some time.

When Zebra Pegasus came out, I have no idea what planet I was on, or what I decided on at the time. It probably came out when I was still adhering pretty closely to my "budget" and chose something else. But of course, repeated mod shots by various scarfies only led to backtracking to fill in ZP. The first one I got preloved was the pocket square. I wore it in my hair the other day because I made a "mistake" when dying my hair and now have some small "tabby stripes" :rolleyes: near my roots to fix.

View attachment 5582421

Snickers modeled it afterwards. She was scarf safe here because she had just been to get her booster shots at the vet and was conked out after.

View attachment 5582420

And Jin et Leo pareo. When I first saw the design, it reminded me immediately of a particular picture I took of Frieda and Finnegan (when they were still young and bff) and I had to have it because it reminded me of them so much.

View attachment 5582424

View attachment 5582423

View attachment 5582422
Cats - OMG!!

Reactions: bunnycat
Hello, Everyone,
I haven’t had much time for scarf fun or for our friendly SOTD thread, because of a family member’s ongoing illness. You are all showing some beauties and I hope to post from time to time. Sending you all hugs.
I’m so sorry to hear this. It’s such a helpless feeling when our loved ones are ill. Sending silken hugs

View attachment 5582421

View attachment 5582420

View attachment 5582424

View attachment 5582423

View attachment 5582422
Great Scarves. Little cat-babes so cute. It was you who inspired me to be your twin, finally. :hugs:
0025A72D-181B-4A79-AFE6-A6356FF03CBF.jpeg

Gorgeous post and scarf-- just a pleasure to linger over the design and your photos... I grew up where we did not see the northern constellations so when I returned to The United States for college and my adult life, I was a big fan of the constellations maps in the paper before the current fantastic night sky apps! This scarf looks great with that top and pearl pendant @Redbirdhermes.

Oh, thank you for the shout-out silky friend! I adore this saturated pink and it looks amazing on the marigold top @Redbirdhermes. I am glad you added a Katie Scott to your collection. I love her work!

Well imitation is the highest compliment @Redbirdhermes-- this is such a beauty...

A beautiful appreciation of @Karenska's welcoming generosity and a beautiful result of your shared experience/learning! This is a pretty perfect pairing if you ask me @Redbirdhermes...which cw is this? Mine is cw12 but this looks much lighter...

Thank you for the kind comments, LKB. My Acte III is CW12. I did my research on the scarf forum and put together a list of my top choices before calling the boutique in Orlando back in June 2020. It turned out they had colorways 3, 6, 10, and 12, so I actually had a choice. As I recall, CW10 was my second choice. But, I'm very pleased with CW12, and twins with a number of scarf sisters here, including yourself. Acte III was a design from A/W 2018.

Cats - OMG!!
Yes- cats- always cats.... there's another one headed my way soon (not a cat but a cat scarf)...

Great Scarves. Little cat-babes so cute. It was you who inspired me to be your twin, finally. :hugs:
View attachment 5582563
We are twins with quite a few people on this wonderful color way (still have some nagging longings for the vermillion colorway too....)

Thank you, Snausages, helpless is the word. I’m 500 miles away. Was there for four days then my DB stabilized a bit, I came home last night and now preparing to go back as he’s gone backwards.

Oh no. I hope he improves. :hugs:

I have been inspired by many of you over the years. I had admired this design La maison d’ oiseaux parleurs, when modeled by @Cookiefiend . 4 years ago today I met her in person, and bought this beauty. I always smile when I wear it!View attachment 5582571. I alwaView attachment 5582570

Beautiful on you scarf1. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.