Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha-- it is true!

Both seemed perfect for this theme. I can't wait to see the blue. I have also a green one, I loved it so much!

:hugs: à cause toi, dear @Croisette7! I saw it first on you and went a-hunting last spring. Now I have two Ailes!!!

:ty:

That is simply gorgeous!
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Ok, dear Scarflandia, asking your indulgence as I share my scarf mail that finally caught up to me in NOLA! Thanks to @Redbirdhermes (and others) for inspiring me to seek out the 140 wash of Le Pegase d'Hermes. I discovered that I enjoy wearing the 140 silk in a wash version, so this joins my Kelly en Perles in my small but growing 140s family. I was too excited to change my top!
View attachment 5267070View attachment 5267071View attachment 5267072View attachment 5267073
PS I think all the writing on the scarf fits our theme? Maybe not iambic pentameter but some kind of writing rhythm!
Definitely - very elegant in B/W!

It's so beautiful, plus each little origami horses are repeated - yes? Perfect for the theme!

Woo Hoo!!!! Congratulations - it's gorgeous!
Yes, indeed - thank you, Cookie!

It's beautiful, Croisette, and also somehow Christmassy!

We all love having our ducks in a row - or at least pretending they’re in a row! There is something pleasing in a regular formation, a straight line, in knowing that A follows B.
Here’s a few neat and tidy’s!
Alliance Franco-Anglais (also please note SockMonkey's photo bomb :giggle:... he is not symmetrical in any fashion!)
View attachment 5267092
View attachment 5267098
Colliers de Chiens (the collars are on a straight rod)
View attachment 5267093
View attachment 5267094
Lastly, Galop Chromatique - a gorgeous whirl of color!
View attachment 5267097
View attachment 5267095
Joining the rest in admiration of Alliance!

SOTD to begin decorating! Last night the NYS tree was lit at the Empire State Plaza and the fireworks were splendid from our backyard through the ‘bare, ruined choirs’ of trees. Should have taken a photo but I didn’t. Here’s one from our newspaper.
View attachment 5267189View attachment 5267188
Perfect scarf!

Stunning and so cozy!'

Fantastic LKB! Congrats on it!

This is so stunning Croisette!

Love all of these, but the black and gold is stellar!
Thank you, Bunnycat!

Thank you for your kind words, @LKBNOLA!

What a very cool knot, and I love those colours on you! Am being very envious, because I love these colours, but they do not love me back. At all.

H Magic applies even to the label, @Cookiefiend!

I love the subdued colours too, thank you, @Agrume!
But still, I am looking out for other cws of this design. I just love it, be it bold or subdued.

What a loverly scarf! So elegant! I really wish I could wear black. Everybody else looks glamorous, I look anything but. :huh:

If you don‘t mind I‘ll borrow that expression! :tup:

Just lovely. I‘m jealous. :loveeyes:

Swooning. I love it. Sooo marvellous. :love:

Gooodness. Where to start? All are perfect, but I am swooning over the very first one. Black and gold is so very elegant, I love it, but it doesn‘t help me at all. So I admire and envy others that are more lucky than I am in wearing black. :girlsigh:

Hi there, sister…. I am waiting for a green Hiver en Poste like yours To appear soI can pounce! It is perfect for the season! You look just lovely! :hugs:
Thank you, Susie!

SOTD with repeating pattern, Wash Manufacture De Boucle.

View attachment 5267437
Yes, dots are always perfect!

Off theme, but excited to get to wear this one as I can finally pretend it’s cold enough to wear scarves! (I live in a desert.). My Animapolis that I managed to get online last spring:
View attachment 5267538
Great colourway!

SOTD with a very distinct pattern. Plus I sense some rhythm as well due to all those marching hunters and animals.
View attachment 5267590
Oh yes, lovely and perfect match with your cardigan!

SOTD to begin decorating! Last night the NYS tree was lit at the Empire State Plaza and the fireworks were splendid from our backyard through the ‘bare, ruined choirs’ of trees. Should have taken a photo but I didn’t. Here’s one from our newspaper.
Esp. lovely with your holly brooch! And feeling sad not see the tree IRL this year.

Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Yes, indeed - thank you, Cookie!

It's beautiful, Croisette, and also somehow Christmassy!

Joining the rest in admiration of Alliance!

Perfect scarf!

Thank you, Bunnycat!

Thank you, Susie!

Yes, dots are always perfect!

Great colourway!

Oh yes, lovely and perfect match with your cardigan!
Thank you dear!

Reactions: Agrume
Thank you so much for hosting the past weeks, @xincinsin! I marvel at at the lovely scarves you introduced me to!

What a great intro, @Cookiefiend! Very much looking forward to how this week will develop.

Here is my first contribution: Au Coin du Feu. Knitting definitively is a recurring pattern. I love the christmassy interpretation of Ex Libris.

View attachment 5266911View attachment 5266912View attachment 5266913
This is one of ya fave scarves - mine is a medium/petrol blue. It is indeed a knitting pattern - through my many years of knitting making these what we call "eight leaves roses" is great fun - they are a recurring patterin in traditional Norwegian knitting - so getting this scarf was a no-brainer:smile:

No interest ... oh dear ... you are going to disown her LOL ?

Finally the other computer is up enough to copy the story plagiarized from h.com. Actually, I am getting better at my attributions, I wrote the date of my copy

Please dont report me to the h cops for disseminating their story
Show her this one View attachment 5267002
Thanks! I get the elephant, but mostly what I see in this scarf are Mickey Mouse hands. Is that some reference I am missing?

Reactions: Nomad

View attachment 5267437
Fantastic, I love this neutral look with the contrasting pop of red!
Off theme, but excited to get to wear this one as I can finally pretend it’s cold enough to wear scarves! (I live in a desert.). My Animapolis that I managed to get online last spring:
View attachment 5267538
Absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you, Croisette!

SOTD is Peuple du vent, with its repetitive border elements.

View attachment 5267605
❤️ Love! ❤️

• Thanks
Reactions: Barbette and Agrume
A simply stunning cw of this delicate and beautiful design @Croisette7!!! I love it tied to show the dancers.
We all love having our ducks in a row - or at least pretending they’re in a row! There is something pleasing in a regular formation, a straight line, in knowing that A follows B.
Here’s a few neat and tidy’s!
Alliance Franco-Anglais (also please note SockMonkey's photo bomb :giggle:... he is not symmetrical in any fashion!)
View attachment 5267092
View attachment 5267098
Colliers de Chiens (the collars are on a straight rod)
View attachment 5267093
View attachment 5267094
Lastly, Galop Chromatique - a gorgeous whirl of color!
View attachment 5267097
View attachment 5267095
These are all stunning and so very different @Cookiefiend! That jacquard! And the Galop is so dramatic. Love the way you tied it with the anneau at the bottom...
So happy for you!
Congrats ... it is so classy in b/w!
"Pucci-esque" is such a good description of Leas Ailes @Croisette7 and thank you for the compliment on Le Pegase. A slightly gray white-- not as bright a contrast but a joy to tie, which was such a nice bonus.
FABU!!! (And of course, the scarf ring too... :giggle: ) I adore Ailes de la Soie!
Always get queries and compliments on my glass rings @bunnycat!
Perfect seasonal scarf and brooch @Karenska! So special to see the fireworks from your backyard!
Fantastic LKB! Congrats on it!
Thank you, dear Bunny!
Not on theme but after ruining my formule chic I found a tyger tyger online and snagged it to make myself feel better. It pretty much worked!

View attachment 5267243
Well that is a mighty fine consolation prize @laurenad! Congratulations!
Thank you for your kind words, @LKBNOLA!

What a very cool knot, and I love those colours on you! Am being very envious, because I love these colours, but they do not love me back. At all.

H Magic applies even to the label, @Cookiefiend!

I love the subdued colours too, thank you, @Agrume!
But still, I am looking out for other cws of this design. I just love it, be it bold or subdued.

What a loverly scarf! So elegant! I really wish I could wear black. Everybody else looks glamorous, I look anything but. :huh:

If you don‘t mind I‘ll borrow that expression! :tup:

Just lovely. I‘m jealous. :loveeyes:

Swooning. I love it. Sooo marvellous. :love:

Gooodness. Where to start? All are perfect, but I am swooning over the very first one. Black and gold is so very elegant, I love it, but it doesn‘t help me at all. So I admire and envy others that are more lucky than I am in wearing black. :girlsigh:

Hi there, sister…. I am waiting for a green Hiver en Poste like yours To appear soI can pounce! It is perfect for the season! You look just lovely! :hugs:
Thank you @SusieAugusta. I am probably guilty of wearing many colors just because I love them even if it is unrequited love! But as a New Yorker (one is never an ex-New Yorker!) black was just automatic...the default, if you will. I do enjoy more color now thanks to H and TPF!

View attachment 5267437
I love this with your speckled top @Barbette. I don't have many wash scarfs but I do love the feel of the ones I have. And I love this cw, too. Is it red or pink?
Wonderful scarf, and words are always on theme!
Ah, thank you so much @Barbette!
View attachment 5267538
Congratulations, twin! I got mine online this past spring also. Love the colors @leechiyong. It looks lovely on you.
SOTD with a very distinct pattern. Plus I sense some rhythm as well due to all those marching hunters and animals.
View attachment 5267590
Gorgeous @SusieAugusta -- fantastic hem!
:ty: I have a weakness for black and white designs @Agrume!
So pretty on you ... I got this one as a pressie recently.
Ah, what a nice gift @Croisette7-- that makes me a triplet with you and @leechiyong.
Thank you, Croisette!

View attachment 5267605
Beautiful-- I have long had my eye on this lovely cw. It looks great on camel @Agrume!
@LKBNOLA your black and white w gold writing 140 Pegase is amazing on you!! Can’t find the post just now. Wanted you to know! That colorway is so so special!
Thank you sweet @Nomad! I was thrilled to have found it-- never can resist writing on a scarf and it is so big that there's tons of it!
Thanks! I get the elephant, but mostly what I see in this scarf are Mickey Mouse hands. Is that some reference I am missing?
:lol: I wonder about that part too!

Thank you, Croisette!

View attachment 5267605
A gorgeous neutral cw, Agrume!

A simply stunning cw of this delicate and beautiful design @Croisette7!!! I love it tied to show the dancers.

These are all stunning and so very different @Cookiefiend! That jacquard! And the Galop is so dramatic. Love the way you tied it with the anneau at the bottom...

"Pucci-esque" is such a good description of Leas Ailes @Croisette7 and thank you for the compliment on Le Pegase. A slightly gray white-- not as bright a contrast but a joy to tie, which was such a nice bonus.

Always get queries and compliments on my glass rings @bunnycat!

Perfect seasonal scarf and brooch @Karenska! So special to see the fireworks from your backyard!

Thank you, dear Bunny!

Well that is a mighty fine consolation prize @laurenad! Congratulations!

Thank you @SusieAugusta. I am probably guilty of wearing many colors just because I love them even if it is unrequited love! But as a New Yorker (one is never an ex-New Yorker!) black was just automatic...the default, if you will. I do enjoy more color now thanks to H and TPF!

I love this with your speckled top @Barbette. I don't have many wash scarfs but I do love the feel of the ones I have. And I love this cw, too. Is it red or pink?

Ah, thank you so much @Barbette!

Congratulations, twin! I got mine online this past spring also. Love the colors @leechiyong. It looks lovely on you.

Gorgeous @SusieAugusta -- fantastic hem!

:ty: I have a weakness for black and white designs @Agrume!

Ah, what a nice gift @Croisette7-- that makes me a triplet with you and @leechiyong.

Beautiful-- I have long had my eye on this lovely cw. It looks great on camel @Agrume!

Thank you sweet @Nomad! I was thrilled to have found it-- never can resist writing on a scarf and it is so big that there's tons of it!

:lol: I wonder about that part too!
Thank you so much, LKBNOLA! ... and nice to be triplets.

Sharing Cavalcadour Rayur for the theme. Love this so much and it too caught up with me through the nail biting process of mail forwarding! Thank you USPS for coming through despite address changes and confusions. Bonus: the grayish green and reddish pink are sort of on Holiday point too! :smile:
View attachment 5267727
Very sophisticated on you!

• Thanks
Reactions: Agrume
Status
Not open for further replies.