Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are my 8th, 9th and 10th DESIGNS... I honestly am unable to choose a CW whenever I have multiples, so I went with designs instead. After Parures de Samourais, which is my favorite design of all time, the ones I’ve shown each day are in no particular order of preference.

On my list there must be an Annie Faivre as she is the designer most frequently represented in my collection. I chose Zenobie Reyne de Palmyre because all the CWs of this design are a marvelous dialogue of colors. The borders with various graphics including graceful stylized palms are glorious when tied. But, probably above all, I chose it because of my fascination with jewelry, especially vintage, antique and ethnic jewelry and the illustration depicts the jewels and objects that belonged to the ancient ruler of the Palmyrine Empire. I own three Cws of the 90 and one shawl which I adore and which is probably my favorite of the four if I had to choose

9840CC74-88B2-4E34-90ED-EDDC9995194E.jpeg
27C4B7FA-6E53-4F6B-AA3F-4F91CA1F62C4.jpeg
F025D916-AD69-4B94-AFD4-F5C74C73C154.jpeg
B9B33E57-1D01-49E6-BB93-18875DE99A7E.jpeg

Next is Daiske Nomura’s C’est la Fete. I had to include a double sided scarf and this one is a treasure. Ties beautifully... The brooding colors and silvery graphics are amazing... I love the twinkling stars and wonderful striped borders and edgy vibe of the design. And, my favorite holiday is Halloween and the slightly macabre, steampunk feel deeply appeals to me. I am lucky to own two double-sided 90s
BD06E371-3AFE-4337-88C5-490C05582E77.jpeg
B302EF2F-A390-4A64-903F-53EFE7E1A725.jpeg

And, while not the biggest fan of the original edition of Hermes’ most iconic design, I adore the variations on the theme that have been created through the decades. The original Brides de Gala was created by Hugo Grygkar on my birth year, so it also has special significance. I own these reissues: BdG Love, BdG en Finesse, Brides Fleuries, and BdG Shadow, but my all-time fav is Brides de Gala Shadow. It is one of the most striking, elegant, versatile statement pieces I own
169E3293-5853-4D8F-8FDA-301D01EDBEDB.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t think I’ve ever seen this CW... It is wonderful. The juicy fruit at the center pretty much remains the same or very similar in all CWs... the illustration os a masterpiece

Great choices and I Esperanza love the Les Bains... such amazing colors! And, that striking pendant would work so well with Kermit Oliver designs

I so agree... This luscious design transports me to The Alhambra. I lived in Spain as a child and have traveled through Andalucia back and forth a number of times... It is so magical! I am also a poetry lover and Lorca is one of my favorites. Back when I wrote poetry in college, I wrote a poem that I dedicated to Lorca and used the cadences and style of his Romancero Sonámbulo

Yup... it’s a hard week, but I love your categories and choices! The mousselines are exquisite and that yellow Andalousie is amazing. I am happy to be your twin on the Giverny, Carnaval des Oiseaux, and Premieres Mains and they are all so special!

I agree with you on BdG and will include my fav later. I am your twin on the Prieres au Vent and it is such a delightful design

Yes, we all need at least one CSGM on that desert island and this one is a timeless classic... Adore that green hem

Love all yoir choices (and reasons) so much! Charabia is such a beautiful and versatile shawl! And your La Femme is a personal unattainable Grail and swoon-worthy. Central Park is spectacular and your La Voie Lactee stole is also on my list... So amazing! Would love to see the Marseille edition of Pytheas... Love your Wedgwood pin, as well. And, so happy to hear that you will meet with your parents at last

One of the most dramatic, luscious and spectacular giant silks ever... Happy to be your cousin... Yours is exquisite

I don’t own the SD wash silk but tried on a few because I wanted it so badly. My personal experience with wash scarves is that wrinkling bothers me and in my experience they do wrinkle more. I own three wash 90s but am not too terribly fond of them. With that being said, they do have a vintage velvety feel, but I wasn’t impressed with wash in the giant format

Oh, such a lovely one... There is not an Andalousie that I haven’t loves

Such beauties! I am cousins with uou on a few and twins with you on red Turandot. At first I didn’t like the red CW, and now I am convinced that it is the perfect and quintessential color for the design

Love both... Which design is the plisse?

Such a sophisticated beauty

Oh, it is marvelous! So elegant and a striking statements piece

Such a marvelous design

Fabulous! I saw that Washington’s Carriage exceptional IRL and I gasped. In awe of your collection always

It is fantastic. I won the green but would have easily gone for yours which I like just as well. Looks so good with stripes!

Your fur babies are so adorable! And every single one of your picks is masterful... I could not choose a fav between them

Love them both, but must say that your pairing of Patisserie with the striped top is genius
Thanks @Living.la.vida.fifi, I live such a long way from an Hermes store, so online H is my only option. I really appreciate your views on wash silk. I have seen a Savanah Dance on H.com Australia and am very tempted. The obsession continues!!!

Twins, @Redbirdhermes! I adore this scarf and your pearls are the perfect accessory. I'd love to know/see your second favorite cw as I am thinking I need another!

Thank you @Cookiefiend. Good to go to the head of the H Math Class! I think of gingham like I do stripes-- essentially a neutral. Polka dots too (though maybe not for pants :P

Thank you! Yes I have white Mountain Laurel also but the pink is luscious...

Gorgeous @bunnycat and I share your sensibility on many of these designs even f different colors/formats.

Thank you @turfnsurf and thank you JCrew for making cropped gingham pants every spring!

Lucky you, @SusieAugusta -- a beautiful collecting standard!

Oh, wow @Cookiefiend! My two favorite plumes on you and congratulations on your new beautiful Lotus! It is beautiful and don't think I didn't see those cute striped shorts peeking out from under your perfect pink top, you stylin' maven, you!

Congrats, twin! It looks lovely on you. It is amazing how beautiful it looks on so many different colorings/complexions, etc. Waiting impatiently for scarf mail to be sisters, too... Also good point about indoor versus outdoor light. My house has so many windows and skylights that everything always looks washed out and overexposed. Then when I can finally take a natural outdoor shot it looks like a different scarf/shirt/outfit!

Thank you @bunnycat! Always happy to share faves with you...

Once again, beautiful choices! I am sisters on "Andalousie"-- this is a beauty! And I too, love scarf names...

So very true about enabling. And yes, I think that "lucky 13" is true of many cultures. I was born on the 13th so I personally have to love the number but I just love saying triskaedekaphobia...

Beautiful pinks! On beautiful greens, @Croisette7!

Amen (to the truer words...)! I hope you find some time to relax in your busy day, dear Karenska!

Thank you most kindly! :hugs:

Congrats on the Vaisseau... Beautiful CW and such great graphics... and, this special edition Singapore is the best! Is only natural that it should be in your collection

All are vintage favorites... I especially love the Comedie Italienne and happy to be your twin

Ties beautifully and love your seashell earrings with it

Congrats! Such a treasured classic

Thanks so much... that last Kachinas is, indeed, a giant silk. When I purchased it from TRR I mistakenly thought I was buying a CSGM, as the price was a bit high for a giant silk, and was upset I had done that. But, the minute I saw it, I did nit regret it. It is amazing. And, your pics of the ELeK shawl were instrumental in pushing me over the edge on this one when it came up on TRR

Gorgeous hydrangeas! And, I also love this, my favorite corner of Mountain Zebra

Such a great one... and, you own FOUR!! Lucky you!

All so incredibly stunning! The Savana Dance pareo is especially lovely in the yummy CW. The Cosmo shawl is a masterpiece and I adore every single CW of Animapolis and you did well in choosing such completely different ones for tour collection

Everything so beautifully styled as always... And, just look at the Fleurs de Lotus moussie! It is scrumptious! Yellow Plumes is amazing

Congrats on the gorgeous Animapolis! So glad you were able to find this one... And, Tresors d’un Artiste is marvelous. I agonized trying to decide between your CW and the caramel that I finally got. Love that corner showing the flowers

All beautiful knots and spectacular scarves... I am your cousin on each one... You have my dream Samourais... the one that got away...

That Couvee is so dreamy! And, Jardins d’Andalousie was the first H scarf I bought for myself while on vacation in Spain! I actually purchased it to frame it... It is so beautiful

Love this design so much, and this pink and green Cw is amazing

Another series of great scarves and knots. Cousins again, this time on the Sintra and l’Ivresse... all so marvelous on you!

Aaaah! I dream of owning this Grail! Such a fabulous CW and love the way the girl and the dove show in this knot

Oh, so fabulous!

Thank you fifi! :hugs:

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
I’ve been enjoying using my Maxi-Twilly Slim (Animapolis pattern) to spice up my Zoom meeting looks. I’m excited to finally be picking up another scarf in this format this weekend, especially since people will still be seeing me in a video screen for a few more months.

View attachment 5114424
I couldn’t say it any better than livinglavida so I will say ” totally ditto her”! :drinks:

I’ve been enjoying using my Maxi-Twilly Slim (Animapolis pattern) to spice up my Zoom meeting looks. I’m excited to finally be picking up another scarf in this format this weekend, especially since people will still be seeing me in a video screen for a few more months.

View attachment 5114424
Looking great, duggi!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen this CW... It is wonderful. The juicy fruit at the center pretty much remains the same or very similar in all CWs... the illustration os a masterpiece

Great choices and I Esperanza love the Les Bains... such amazing colors! And, that striking pendant would work so well with Kermit Oliver designs

I so agree... This luscious design transports me to The Alhambra. I lived in Spain as a child and have traveled through Andalucia back and forth a number of times... It is so magical! I am also a poetry lover and Lorca is one of my favorites. Back when I wrote poetry in college, I wrote a poem that I dedicated to Lorca and used the cadences and style of his Romancero Sonámbulo

Yup... it’s a hard week, but I love your categories and choices! The mousselines are exquisite and that yellow Andalousie is amazing. I am happy to be your twin on the Giverny, Carnaval des Oiseaux, and Premieres Mains and they are all so special!

I agree with you on BdG and will include my fav later. I am your twin on the Prieres au Vent and it is such a delightful design

Yes, we all need at least one CSGM on that desert island and this one is a timeless classic... Adore that green hem

Love all yoir choices (and reasons) so much! Charabia is such a beautiful and versatile shawl! And your La Femme is a personal unattainable Grail and swoon-worthy. Central Park is spectacular and your La Voie Lactee stole is also on my list... So amazing! Would love to see the Marseille edition of Pytheas... Love your Wedgwood pin, as well. And, so happy to hear that you will meet with your parents at last

One of the most dramatic, luscious and spectacular giant silks ever... Happy to be your cousin... Yours is exquisite

I don’t own the SD wash silk but tried on a few because I wanted it so badly. My personal experience with wash scarves is that wrinkling bothers me and in my experience they do wrinkle more. I own three wash 90s but am not too terribly fond of them. With that being said, they do have a vintage velvety feel, but I wasn’t impressed with wash in the giant format

Oh, such a lovely one... There is not an Andalousie that I haven’t loves

Such beauties! I am cousins with uou on a few and twins with you on red Turandot. At first I didn’t like the red CW, and now I am convinced that it is the perfect and quintessential color for the design

Love both... Which design is the plisse?

Such a sophisticated beauty

Oh, it is marvelous! So elegant and a striking statements piece

Such a marvelous design

Fabulous! I saw that Washington’s Carriage exceptional IRL and I gasped. In awe of your collection always

It is fantastic. I won the green but would have easily gone for yours which I like just as well. Looks so good with stripes!

Your fur babies are so adorable! And every single one of your picks is masterful... I could not choose a fav between them

Love them both, but must say that your pairing of Patisserie with the striped top is genius
Thank you fifi!

Here are my 8th, 9th and 10th DESIGNS... I honestly am unable to choose a CW whenever I have multiples, so I went with designs instead. After Parures de Samourais, which is my favorite design of all time, the ones I’ve shown each day are in no particular order of preference.

On my list there must be an Annie Faivre as she is the designer most frequently represented in my collection. I chose Zenobie Reyne de Palmyre because all the CWs of this design are a marvelous dialogue of colors. The borders with various graphics including graceful stylized palms are glorious when tied. But, probably above all, I chose it because of my fascination with jewelry, especially vintage, antique and ethnic jewelry and the illustration depicts the jewels and objects that belonged to the ancient ruler of the Palmyrine Empire. I own three Cws of the 90 and one shawl which I adore and which is probably my favorite of the four if I had to choose

View attachment 5114484
View attachment 5114485
View attachment 5114486
View attachment 5114487

Next is Daiske Nomura’s C’est la Fete. I had to include a double sided scarf and this one is a treasure. Ties beautifully... The brooding colors and silvery graphics are amazing... I love the twinkling stars and wonderful striped borders and edgy vibe of the design. And, my favorite holiday is Halloween and the slightly macabre, steampunk feel deeply appeals to me. I am lucky to own two double-sided 90s
View attachment 5114489
View attachment 5114488

And, while not the biggest fan of the original edition of Hermes’ most iconic design, I adore the variations on the theme that have been created through the decades. The original Brides de Gala was created by Hugo Grygkar on my birth year, so it also has special significance. I own these reissues: BdG Love, BdG en Finesse, Brides Fleuries, and BdG Shadow, but my all-time fav is Brides de Gala Shadow. It is one of the most striking, elegant, versatile statement pieces I own
View attachment 5114490
The red Zenobie is dramatic!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi

View attachment 5114424
Such a vibrant colorway, Duggi, and the one I might have picked if I didn’t already have the similar 90. It looks great on you. :tup: I can’t wait to see your new Slim, please model it when you get a chance. This is a format I really must try on the next time I am at a boutique.

:biggrin:
It look like I’m finding two per ‘category’ - two in the ‘Grand Hem’ category, two in the Plis category.
Now a most important category:
The Big Cats.

You say I am a noble kitty?
Well, yes, I am.
But I have claws.
And capable jaws.
Oh, aren’t my paws so pretty?

It’s fascinating that our domestic cats move exactly like the big cats. They hunt similarly, too. Despite the serial napping, domestic cats are very much wild things. Actually, napping is part of their energy conservation to stay in tip/top hunting condition. Cats are the perfect hunter. This big guy looks so comfy but when night falls, look out! View attachment 5113691
Here is my Minette who has given up hunting for the comforts of domestic life. She likes her tiger-striped blanket, though. View attachment 5113687
And my own perfect hunter, Chiff, who is truly a force of feline nature when outside in his territory. View attachment 5113692
I have a few cat-themed scarves: Tigre Royal Fleuri, Savana Dance, Dans l’Atelier de Robert Dallet, Baobab Cat, and Tyger, Tyger. Other scarves feature a cat, such as Acte III, La Danse des Amazones, Cosmographia and Animapolis. I also have a beautiful Ferragamo with elegant cheetahs.

I cannot pick one so I will select four.
For the 90s, Dans l’Atelier and Tyger Tyger because I adore them. For the 80s, Savana Dance because my DH selected it for me and it’s soooo adorable, and Tigre Royal Fleuri because I adore my Binta, the name I gave the tigre. And it, too, is so special. View attachment 5114133View attachment 5114135View attachment 5114136View attachment 5114134
Why @Karenska, I do love the photos of your fur babies and your mod shots of your beautiful scarves (sister and twin!). Your love of cats and silk has made a poet out of you :biggrin: (love your "witty ditty")...
Congratulations! You wear it with panache!
Thank you @Croisette7! I do not think that word has ever been applied to me but I will happily take it!
It’s a stunner! I love the colors. In the last photo, Lkbnola, it look a bit like a tattoo. Congratulations.
Thank you! It was a post of yours about focusing on older designs that started my hunt!
No scarf today but will post archive. I believe I could never leave behind my two black beauties. The ones that bring me the most awe struck joy in black colorways! I’m counting these as 1 at my number 5 spot :graucho: like cookiefiend? I think it is that is doing groupings?? And can I say how darn difficult this week is!!! Impossible! I love them all :loveeyes::heart: Aux pays des oiseaux-fleur and la patisserie. View attachment 5114326View attachment 5114327
OMG @Nomad! I share your love of the black beauties and am your twin on LPF-- your styling here with that top os beyond perfection! I have to ask-- did you have the top and it was a serendipitous styling or did you buy with scarf in mind? As for your Oiseaux Fleurs-- that purple sweater really sets it off and it is a FAB color for you!

View attachment 5114424
I love this format @duggi84-- I just bought my second one -- they are perfect;y light and cool for summer weather and really jazz up an outfit. This one is great eye candy!
And I too, @Living.la.vida.fifi share your place associations-- the neighborhood I lived in early childhood was called "La Alhambra" and I, too, have translated Lorca's poems-- amazing poetry and silk connections!

View attachment 5114484
View attachment 5114485
View attachment 5114486
View attachment 5114487

View attachment 5114489
View attachment 5114488

View attachment 5114490
Your choices are spectacular-- that Zenobie shawl! And such a lovely photo of you wrapped in it... C'est La Fete-- well we Come Lately's can only hope for a reissue or a lottery win but meantime I love seeing your mod shots. I am twins on BDG shadow and as always I really enjoy reading your analysis of its place in your collection. Thank you for such a great job with the theme this week. It has really been "una educacion de bufandas seda" for sure.

Thank you, Moma! I wore three bracelets - a beaded turquoise, a cherry red BeHapi, and a SS ball. I also wore a SS Sacred Buffalo turquoise watch and SS oval hoops with dangly silver balls. A turquoise ring completed the rather festive outfit.
View attachment 5113620
WOW! I love these - and all in your Wedgewood saucer, which matches the quilt underneath. Slay me!

SOTD is off topic because...scarf mail! Inspired by @momasaurus I have been searching for a black and silver Promenades de Longchamps for a while and here it is! No care tag but clearly was beautifully cared for-- not a mark on her, perfect hems and still even a bit of body to the silk. Of course, I love the design and was also inspired by @Karenska and others who have posted this beauty in other lovely colors, too. It isn't in my Lucky 13 Club but I have to say it would be my choice if had only room for one scarf, say for a weekend trip. Here are some mod shots including one of the lady right side up!
View attachment 5113771View attachment 5113772View attachment 5113773
Way to take an idea and run with it! Nice job. That was quick. And getting the lady right side up? That's a skill mastered by @xincinsin.

#10 and 11
Of my very few cashmeres, most are 100cm from the men's collex, but I have a couple of 140 CSGM exceptionelle because I could not resist the design. And that alone tells you how much I liked them because I resisted all the 140 CSGM Mythique Phoenix.
C'est la Fete
If I fold this another way, I can hide almost all the embroidery and it looks like a regular dull green CSGM.
View attachment 5113853
Washington's Carriage Quilt
This has actual silk scarf patchs sewn on to the CSGM.
View attachment 5113829
These are amazing! ("Regular dull green" - LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.