Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my kryptonite was instagram and seeing so many beautiful scarfies on there which sent me on an acquisition mission. similar things could be said of this thread :rolleyes:

scarf mail yesterday, another one funded by my recent scarf declutter. sea surf and fun. I fell for this color combination when I saw @lanit post her beige/orange phoenix. when I saw this sea surf and fun, I wasn’t sure it would work on me because it’s more of a spring palette rather than soft autumn, which is my type. But I absolutely love it. it’s so fresh and summery like a glass of sangria
View attachment 5086446
I love Lanit’s Phoenix colorway too and it remains high on my wishlist. I’ve not seen it pop up anywhere in over a year. Your choice of sea, surf and fun in this refreshing colorway is a delightful and very similar palette.

Yellow kryptonite also applies to the actual scarf color:

Jungle Love Love twilly
View attachment 5086437

Sea Surf 'n' Fun twilly
View attachment 5086439

Plumes en Fete
View attachment 5086441

BdG Shadow
View attachment 5086442

Neorocabar muffler
View attachment 5086443
❤️❤️❤️
Everytime I see your BdG Shadow, I get... acquisitive... :angel:
And some more kryptonite contrast hems in other colors:

Hermes Galaxy in 2 CWs
View attachment 5086445 View attachment 5086448

BdG Shadow gavroche
View attachment 5086449

Une Rose pour Alma
View attachment 5086450

En Roue Libre Chemise (new purchase, thinking of returning it)
View attachment 5086451

Les Etalons mens losange:
View attachment 5086452

Couvertures et Tenues de Cheval Bandana
View attachment 5086453

A Vos Crayons gavroche
View attachment 5086454

H-Passant
View attachment 5086455
Gorgeous hems! :love:
Un Rose Pour Alma, is such a beautiful scarf, and so underrated. ❤️
my kryptonite was instagram and seeing so many beautiful scarfies on there which sent me on an acquisition mission. similar things could be said of this thread :rolleyes:

scarf mail yesterday, another one funded by my recent scarf declutter. sea surf and fun. I fell for this color combination when I saw @lanit post her beige/orange phoenix. when I saw this sea surf and fun, I wasn’t sure it would work on me because it’s more of a spring palette rather than soft autumn, which is my type. But I absolutely love it. it’s so fresh and summery like a glass of sangria
View attachment 5086446
oh, well done! It’s gorgeous!
Youve inspired me to try making a color board. Sunday I thought of you and your LPdeP - my birch trees against an overcast but sunny sky - the gray-ish sky, creamy bark, and green leaves were lovely.
Amazingly hemmy selection. that purple one - fainting couch material
Thanks cutie! ❤️

I am of Chinese descent, so anything that has an Oriental flavour draws me in. And there is indeed no shortage of scarf designs of that persuasion.

Turandot
View attachment 5085826
Geisha, aka Japon
View attachment 5085835
Ecume
View attachment 5085824
Collection Imperial, which was a perfect match for my Lunar New Year outfit
View attachment 5085820
Ex Libris en Kimono
View attachment 5085836
Vielle Chine, which reminded me of chinoiserie.
View attachment 5085841
YOur collection is amazing! I love that Geisha! And your Ecume (impossible to find one, or the moussie that @lanit has), and this Vielle Chine! Wow - I've never seen it and it is gorgeous. I am so intrigued by the extra border, and the colors. If you have any action shots I would love to see them! And if you ever think of re-homing.......

My kryptonite is books, so you have seen several of my Bibliotheque gavroches on here. I am up to 6 colorways now and returned or passed on probably 3 when I was trying to be reasonable with purchases lol, that I totally regret now of course :facepalm: . So you all know I will be getting the book scarf coming in A/W 2021 thats been seen. My other is Maps, but none from Hermes has really spoken to me. www doesn’t speak to me. Obviously I would love VoyagePytheas tho. Maybe in a decade I’ll get my hands on one :-/.
Today I will show my kryptonite with hearts. Anything with hearts!!! I’ll prob do a collage of my hearts for tmrw. View attachment 5085956
Same here with books and maps!
This jungle love love is so lovely! I don't think I ever saw it in this CW. I love it!

• Love
Reactions: Nomad
And some more kryptonite contrast hems in other colors:

Hermes Galaxy in 2 CWs
View attachment 5086445 View attachment 5086448

BdG Shadow gavroche
View attachment 5086449

Une Rose pour Alma
View attachment 5086450

En Roue Libre Chemise (new purchase, thinking of returning it)
View attachment 5086451

Les Etalons mens losange:
View attachment 5086452

Couvertures et Tenues de Cheval Bandana
View attachment 5086453

A Vos Crayons gavroche
View attachment 5086454

H-Passant
View attachment 5086455
One of my kryptonites is BLACK - I am still hunting for your CW of les Etalons, but now I want all the other scarves in this post as well!!

Is that the Charlotte SE of Turandot? It's high on my wishlist!
No, not the special edition, but I read that it is the same cw.
Some eye candy - pics of all the Turandot cws!
This is the other cw that the special edition came in.
PicsArt_12-03-06.01.28.jpg
Your lunar New Year outfit is spectacular, xincinsin! All the scarfs are beautiful but Vielle Chine and Colletions Imperiales are two real standouts for me.

I‘m wondering now: The scarfs in your collection that look like French Art Nouveau designs to me - do they look more oriental inspired to you? Orientalism and specifically Japonism were two strong undercurrents in or inspirations for French Art Nouveau design. It‘s interesting to think that we tend to „read“ designs in specific ways and like them for reasons which - at least in part - depend on our own cultural background and preferences.
I've never really thought about them as inspired by Oriental aesthetics. I shall have to delve further into this. We have a December theme about scarf designs inspired by art. I shall check which are my art nouveau inspired designs for that theme :smile:

We can find samphire in the Farmer's market-- sometimes called sea beans or sea asparagus. A friend once sauteed with garlic and made me a frittata for lunch...
Sounds yummy! I usually eat mine as a salad with lemon or lime, garnished with crunchy fried garlic bits.

View attachment 5086446
Your pics are absolutely glorious! Reminds me of the scrapbooks which designers are encouraged to keep for inspiration.

YOur collection is amazing! I love that Geisha! And your Ecume (impossible to find one, or the moussie that @lanit has), and this Vielle Chine! Wow - I've never seen it and it is gorgeous. I am so intrigued by the extra border, and the colors. If you have any action shots I would love to see them! And if you ever think of re-homing.......
I've only seen Vielle Chine 3 times since I slid down the orange slope. After I bought this black cw, the same seller offered me another one in green, but I declined. And if I rehome, I'll be thinking of you, moma :wave:

I like rabbits (she proudly declares :giggle: ). I had bunnies as pets when I was young, and boy do I understand what "breed like bunnies" means. We went from 4 to 40 in the blink of an eye :nuts: Bunnies = Kryptonite for me.

Fortunately, bunnies on scarves do not multiply :lol: They are a favourite motif and sometimes I buy scarves just for the bunnies. My latest acquisition is a Ferragamo which I'd been tracking for a few years.
PicsArt_05-18-10.18.26.jpg
For H, naturally I was hooked on Les Bles. I have it in a re-issue cw: golden yellow with a black border and would love to get it in one of the earlier issues. Another vintage bunny is Le Retour du Chasse.
PicsArt_05-18-11.01.20.jpg
Before the golden yellow 90, I found Les Bles in a blue ascot. There are also rabbits or hares in the Year of the Rabbit gav, Petite Venerie, Tsitsika and La Magie.
PicsArt_05-18-11.23.29.jpg
Rabbits are also found in the corners of two of my fave scarves: Aladin in a austerely plain two-tone cw and Maitres de la Foret - I must confess I chose this cw because of the electric blue bunnies.
PicsArt_05-18-11.04.39.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.