Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two designers who created two designs.

I don't have Daphne Duchesne's La Mare aux Canards but it is on my wishlist. Those ducks resemble lovely works of enamel art. I do have her adorable Les Chats.
View attachment 5074107
Another artist who created two designs is Hilton McConnico. I have his dreamscape Amazone and I'd like to acquire Souvenirs de Paris one day.
View attachment 5074115
Les Chats. Ooooohh, I love that zebra-striped devil on the middle right. :faint:

Reactions: xincinsin
Wonderful knots and I love a scarf of so many colors that it goes with a multitude of outfits! Not sure how I missed this one when it was issued :drool:
Thank you. I was sort of "persuaded" to get it and don't reach for it often but whenever I wear it people ALWAYS comment on it. Definitely one of those "out of the comfort zone" carres...
I really must try out more knots! You are such an inspiration!
Thank you but actually all of y'all have been the inspiration! I really only use a handful in real life but they are fun to try and some turn out to be surprisingly wearable.
Not entirely sure if I am on theme with Saw Keng, who is teetering on the border with four that I can remember off the top of my head....View attachment 5073990
ETA: I have to admit this is one of those scarves that brings out my OCD tendencies. I own two colorways, and I love them both so much that it makes me want to buy every single version, although I know I have the ones that suit me best already. Aptly titled J'aime mon Carre.
Love this, @Awillow and totally relate to scarfy OCD tendencies. :smile:
Yesterday, summer was about to arrive, today we are back again in winter. At least that makes my dark Châle Damier an appropriate scarf of the day.
View attachment 5073991
Another beautiful jacket and shawl combo!
Thank you so much, LKBNOLA! Olivia de Havilland really was a fascinating woman, both on screen and off.
Kawa Ora is a great design and your cw is marvellous! I suppose it is a very versatile scarf because it goes with so many different colours.
Thank you! Yes, I think Kawa Ora would be very versatile! I am trying to reach for it more often.
I think Saw Keng did 4 designs: Bal Masque, Un Amour de Cheval, Un Weekend dans L'Espace and J'aime Mon Carre. Does anyone know of another design?

Saw Keng doing caricatures at Carre Club.
View attachment 5074027
I love this! Some of the H artists have instagram accounts that are fun to follow (Octave Marsal has some very arty tattoos and Jan Bajtlik appears to love extreme skiing!). In fact I am reading a book Marsal raved about now: Stephanie Dalley's The Mystery of the Hanging Garden of Babylon. Very intriguing.
Stretching this week’s theme! This is the Yellowstone Grrrrr! by Alice Shirley. She’s done more than 5 designs, but I have just 5 in my collection :graucho:
View attachment 5074064
I love this whole combination of scarf and skirt!
Today is May the Fourth, or Star Wars Day. May the Force Be With You.

Our local highway department enjoys making references to Star Wars. I passed an information sign yesterday that read, "Slow Down *PATIENCE* You Must Learn". A couple of the state snow plow trucks are named Snowbi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Blader.

View attachment 5073432View attachment 5073433

My scarf of the day is Route 24, because the helmet in the center of the design reminds me of the Star Wars helmets and droids in the introduction to the Mandalorian television series. The scarf designer is Elias Kafouros, and while I did find more than 5 total scarf designs for Hermes, it appears that fewer than 5 are the classic 90s. These include: Space Shopping au Faubourg, The Horsawards, Route 24, and the new Greek Independence Special Edition "Freedom". Other designs of his include Silk Mix (140), Hermes Galaxy (100), and The Game (100).

View attachment 5073440

View attachment 5074078

This is the Way.
Oh, my gosh, I am still laughing at those incredibly wonderful puns. A public works depratment with a sense of humor is so wonderful! Hilarious post and gorgeous scarf. I had seen it on the H site but it looks so much better on you!
Very pretty tied!
Thank you @Croisette7! I am trying to do the scarves justice!
Two designers who created two designs.
I don't have Daphne Duchesne's La Mare aux Canards but it is on my wishlist. Those ducks resemble lovely works of enamel art. I do have her adorable Les Chats.
View attachment 5074107
Another artist who created two designs is Hilton McConnico. I have his dreamscape Amazone and I'd like to acquire Souvenirs de Paris one day.
View attachment 5074115
The cats are so adorable.
Love your Chats, xcs ... does it have the paw pattern?
Here is my Souvenirs ... only a gav
View attachment 5074140
This is a charming gav!
The cw of that first Horseawards is swoon-worhty.
Getting on the gav bandwagon, inspired by y'all! Recent scarfmail - Merveilleuses Lanternes (Pierre Marie, not on theme LoL).

View attachment 5074216
This is perfect with your lovely sweater-- I like the cables with the gav design and it is a wonderful cw. I love me some blue!
For @xincinsin... this was the bear’s inaugural outing a few months ago. I’m surprised how well I like the color way. I don’t know that this colorway gets a lot of love but vive le diference! It’s still available if you need nudging over the precipice

View attachment 5074217
A great look all around. I love the cw-- the green really makes it pop.
Beautiful! Pssst- you should still post your Ardmore Artists! :yes:
Ok, @bunnycat! Thank you for the nudge. You will see that I did...
On theme today with Acte IIIView attachment 5074624
Twins, @momasaurus (I think we are a very large but discerning group). I love this with the purple sweater. Makes me want to try a jewel tone to make the hem stand out.

Scarf of the day and on theme with I believe one design for Hermes. Anne Rosat’s Decoupages gav. I love red black and white outfits. I have always loved this design, but took me forever (and many returns later) to settle on this cw for this design. The 90 in the same colors felt too Christmas for me so it got returned. The gav does not do that for me for some reason. I rarely do this but I matched my earring to the scarf :yahoo:. My mom made them w a murano glass heart that go with the cut out hearts in the scarf. 6C87F93D-6AEC-4616-9D97-D839C506D5D1.jpeg.

Last edited:
lipstick and hem... splendid !

Here's my Ardmore Artist collection. I truly love them all and am having fun with new knots for each.
View attachment 5074709View attachment 5074711View attachment 5074716
great college, LKBNOLA!

Scarf of the day and on theme with I believe one design for Hermes. Anne Rosat’s Decoupages gav. I love red black and white outfits. I have always loved this design, but took me forever (and many returns later) to settle on this cw for this design. The 90 in the same colors felt too Christmas for me so it got returned. The gav does not do that for me for some reason. I rarely do this but I matched my earring to the scarf :yahoo:. My mom made them w a murano glass heart that go with the cut out hearts in the scarf. View attachment 5074867.
Those earrings and this scarf, perfect!

Reactions: momasaurus
Ohh I love your gav! Your pictures of it helped veer me from getting this in the 90 and waiting for the gav. I have one on the way to me as we speak!! :yahoo:
Good morning, twin ... looks great with purple!

Here's my Ardmore Artist collection. I truly love them all and am having fun with new knots for each.
View attachment 5074709View attachment 5074711View attachment 5074716
All fabulous, LKBNOLA!

Scarf of the day and on theme with I believe one design for Hermes. Anne Rosat’s Decoupages gav. I love red black and white outfits. I have always loved this design, but took me forever (and many returns later) to settle on this cw for this design. The 90 in the same colors felt too Christmas for me so it got returned. The gav does not do that for me for some reason. I rarely do this but I matched my earring to the scarf :yahoo:. My mom made them w a murano glass heart that go with the cut out hearts in the scarf. View attachment 5074867.
So cute, I need one!

SOTD is Parade de Leonhardi, I believe Sylvia Kerr has only designed 2 scarves, this one and Fleurs d’Ecosse.
View attachment 5075010
So pretty, I‘m your sister Agrume!

Today is May the Fourth, or Star Wars Day. May the Force Be With You.

Our local highway department enjoys making references to Star Wars. I passed an information sign yesterday that read, "Slow Down *PATIENCE* You Must Learn". A couple of the state snow plow trucks are named Snowbi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Blader.

View attachment 5073432View attachment 5073433

My scarf of the day is Route 24, because the helmet in the center of the design reminds me of the Star Wars helmets and droids in the introduction to the Mandalorian television series. The scarf designer is Elias Kafouros, and while I did find more than 5 total scarf designs for Hermes, it appears that fewer than 5 are the classic 90s. These include: Space Shopping au Faubourg, The Horsawards, Route 24, and the new Greek Independence Special Edition "Freedom". Other designs of his include Silk Mix (140), Hermes Galaxy (100), and The Game (100).

View attachment 5073440

View attachment 5074078

This is the Way.
loving these subdued yet rich jewel tones on you! stunning

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
I recently posted my Acte III and my Amazones not long ago, and @bunnycat did an amazing job with Ardmore and so many beautiful Octave Marsal's have been modeled also. Here is Kawa Ora, which I believe fits the theme. It is dreary and rainy on the Cape today so my scarf is definitely brightening up the day! Tried @Yoon daily scarf's "French Scout Knot" for a change. The first shot is an older pic.
View attachment 5073982View attachment 5073983
wow! i looked at that scarf cw and it never spoke to me but the way you’re wearing it is selling it hard :biggrin:

Reactions: Nomad
Status
Not open for further replies.