Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to find other Celtic-ly inclined folks here! :lol:
Include me, please, in that Celtic-love demo. I can’t wait to visit the Shetland Islands someday. Meanwhile, I’ll content myself with feeding treats to the rather adorable and comical Shetland Pony at the stable where I take riding lessons. What a character this lil guy is. He was impatient that he wasn’t getting his apple-oat cookie as soon as he wanted so he snickered and I got this photo! The girl behind him is even smaller. AAAAA02A-4763-44FF-A1D4-2B3858D71B6D.jpegB80E9AB9-751A-4883-8CB1-6F18196FB0BD.jpeg
To stay on theme, here’s Les Mustangs.
310EE814-6E05-4A0C-99D4-3B515571FE0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Nearly every moussie I have fits this week's theme. This one is doubly appropriate as I acquired it recently to fill the hole of the most beautiful green Parures des Sables owned by @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend (which came out when my bank account was blissfully unaware of H scarves altogether.) Adding insult to injury, I somehow missed two recent listings on TRR. (Asleep at the switch. :sleepy: ) So I snapped up this lovely Graphisme when it popped up. :yahoo: 0422210826_HDR.jpg

Happy Earth Day 2021. Bless our beautiful, precious planet. I hope no one minds if I introduce a SOTD concept for this special day. NOT to eclipse in any way our weekly topic. Which H design seems to celebrate Earth Day to you? Looking through my collection, I am not sure. Here are some candidates.
Cosmographia Universalis, perhaps?
E77447A9-D2BC-495A-B5E7-E5B973494F50.jpeg
Tyger, Tyger with its lush forest?
56DB2535-BF81-4E13-AA74-BF805BB3BD2D.jpeg
Rainbow JL?
FE2C1B07-4F27-4B83-BF19-7592DCEA5C81.jpeg
I think Axis Mundi fits the bill today. 7A709D47-FD90-4C46-AC51-BD396BD4FE38.jpeg

Last edited:
Nearly every moussie I have fits this week's theme. This one is doubly appropriate as I acquired it recently to fill the hole of the most beautiful green Parures des Sables owned by @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend (which came out when my bank account was blissfully unaware of H scarves altogether.) Adding insult to injury, I somehow missed two recent listings on TRR. (Asleep at the switch. :sleepy: ) So I snapped up this lovely Graphisme when it popped up. :yahoo: View attachment 5062406
Oh it is sooo gorgeous! Congratulations. And perfect for Earth Day!

Reactions: Awillow
All so gorgeous! I am happy you managed to obtain a LVdP; it is soooo elusive these days. We are sisters on PdP and I adore your gav, which is Three Graces, yes? And what are the designs in photos 6 and 7, please?

Thank you dear Karenska. A silkie friend also found Pytheas for me and at a good price! I’m telling you, 12 eyes are better than two. :hbeat:

Yes, the gav is Three Graces, and 6 & 7 are Pelages et Camouflages and Flowers of South Africa.

• Love
Reactions: Awillow
Beautiful acquisitions, Pirula! Twins on Promenades and would-be-sister on Pytheas! Love your Three Graces gav, too!

Oh, my! This scarf is the stuff of legend. That CW! That format! What a fabulous example of single-minded pursuit. I am going to remember this strategy if we ever can get back in boutiques!

SOOO dramatic and wonderful with your top!

It is a unicorn, for sure!

What lovely scarf mail, @Foxy trini! I am your twin on ELenK-- my most worn scarf without question. So much so I just blew my scarf budget acquiring another one! Your Springs is lovely in that color.

I love this combination of colors-- it feels so classic and looks perfect with your patterned sweater. Your knot looks like a lovely red flower!

Thank you dear.

I am truly enjoying everyone's scarf stories this week. Adding to my Come Lately (my default state, actually) is my tale of two Shirleys. I had Into the Canadian Wild (a gift), Jaguar Quetzal and Mountain Zebra in green but I hankered after Zebra Pegasus in the pink cw that I loved on MaiTai's scarf blog. Long story short, I decided to buy a maxi twilly version that popped up online earlier this year and I genuinely love my ZP in this format. @Cookiefiend posted about this with her DuJA gav.
View attachment 5062361View attachment 5062362
And I could never make up my mind about Wild Singapore-- the lion's face just bothered me. AND I wanted the lighter pink cw but this one popped up on h.com for a few seconds and I took the plunge and now I love it. A departure for me, but my scarves are getting brighter!
View attachment 5062374

Both look lovely!

Some Late-To-The-Party silks. Animapolis. Back and forth, do I buy it? Yes, no, until I missed out. Early this year it showed up on a resale site for not much more than current retail (typically, this cw is out of reach for me pricewise on resale shops). So I scooped it up! Like new.
View attachment 5062365View attachment 5062366
Same story with La Danse des Amazones, except I don’t think this cw ever showed up on the US website, but I went back and forth on buying any cw.
View attachment 5062364
View attachment 5062367
I found Della Cavelleria Favolosa brand new on a resale sight for a GREAT price.
View attachment 5062370View attachment 5062368
I thought I would never be able to find Index Palmarum in this cw, but after buying my Baobab Cat gav at Madison Ave through the mail, I emailed ‘my SA’ and she had it in stock!
View attachment 5062369

Jeezy wiz these are all gorgeous.

Beautiful, croisette! I love this with your sweater.
Oooh, so lovely!
Beautiful acquisitions, Pirula! Twins on Promenades and would-be-sister on Pytheas! Love your Three Graces gav, too!

Oh, my! This scarf is the stuff of legend. That CW! That format! What a fabulous example of single-minded pursuit. I am going to remember this strategy if we ever can get back in boutiques!

SOOO dramatic and wonderful with your top!

It is a unicorn, for sure!

What lovely scarf mail, @Foxy trini! I am your twin on ELenK-- my most worn scarf without question. So much so I just blew my scarf budget acquiring another one! Your Springs is lovely in that color.

I love this combination of colors-- it feels so classic and looks perfect with your patterned sweater. Your knot looks like a lovely red flower!
I am truly enjoying everyone's scarf stories this week. Adding to my Come Lately (my default state, actually) is my tale of two Shirleys. I had Into the Canadian Wild (a gift), Jaguar Quetzal and Mountain Zebra in green but I hankered after Zebra Pegasus in the pink cw that I loved on MaiTai's scarf blog. Long story short, I decided to buy a maxi twilly version that popped up online earlier this year and I genuinely love my ZP in this format. @Cookiefiend posted about this with her DuJA gav.
View attachment 5062361View attachment 5062362
And I could never make up my mind about Wild Singapore-- the lion's face just bothered me. AND I wanted the lighter pink cw but this one popped up on h.com for a few seconds and I took the plunge and now I love it. A departure for me, but my scarves are getting brighter!
View attachment 5062374
Many thanks, Awillow, Karenska and LKBNOLA!

Nearly every moussie I have fits this week's theme. This one is doubly appropriate as I acquired it recently to fill the hole of the most beautiful green Parures des Sables owned by @bunnycat and @Cookiefiend (which came out when my bank account was blissfully unaware of H scarves altogether.) Adding insult to injury, I somehow missed two recent listings on TRR. (Asleep at the switch. :sleepy: ) So I snapped up this lovely Graphisme when it popped up. :yahoo: View attachment 5062406
Stunning green !!!

Happy Earth Day 2021. Bless our beautiful, precious planet. I hope no one minds if I introduce a SOTD concept for this special day. NOT to eclipse in any way our weekly topic. Which H design seems to celebrate Earth Day to you? Looking through my collection, I am not sure. Here are some candidates.
Cosmographia Universalis, perhaps?
View attachment 5062415
Tyger, Tyger with its lush forest?
View attachment 5062416
Rainbow JL?
View attachment 5062413
I think Axis Mundi fits the bill today. View attachment 5062411
I love all of these!! & will post my SOTD soon to I went with blues and greens for the home office today. That cosmographia is something truly special. You and @LKBNOLA are lucky to own that one.

• Love
Reactions: LKBNOLA
SOTD for Earth Day. And on-theme because I wanted Axis Mundi as soon as I saw the design but never found one that I was willing to fork over the $$. TRR came through for me with my preferred cw, although there is no bad cw of this design, IMHO. Tied in the @Cookiefiend knot :hbeat:. Off to walk with a just-married friend and celebrate her marriage. Have a great day!
BC8FB327-EF22-439D-AC17-2F9005606BB9.jpeg

keeping up my daily posts this week because I laid out a "come lately" scarf for every day :smile:
Today my first scarf I bought off the evilbay. I definitely overpaid a bit and underestimated customs but I just had to have it, and by now cost per wear is about 10$ so not bad at all!

Under the waves by Alice Shirley
View attachment 5061455
Another splendid ensemble... love how you complimented the colors beautifully

What an ideal cw for this stunning environment

Petite Venerie by Charles Jean Hallo has been a favorite design since I saw it posted by @turfnsurf and @Pautinka . The rabbits, the toile-like backgrounds, and the hornblower are all enchanting. I found it in a gorgeous teal on the Bay at a fair price but still waited for months before purchasing. I missed wearing it during horns week, and heralds of spring week, so it only seems appropriate to bring it out here during procrastination week.

View attachment 5061659View attachment 5061660View attachment 5061661
Delightful :love:

So, basically my entire collection would qualify for this week - I've only got the one scarf purchased when it was actually in stores! That said, I've been waiting excitedly for this week to share my grandmommy of them all, La Femme in bleu acier! :yahoo:
View attachment 5061680

When this design was issued in 2009, H wasn't even on my radar; by the time it was, in 2013, LFaSdV was already the stuff of legend. I waffled for ages on whether to pursue one at all, and if so, which color (between a black/white LFaSDV and a blue/white DuJA, I'd be on dialysis!). A couple instances of the vieux rose colorway crossed my path for really reasonable prices, and I almost clicked the button each time, but something held me back; the colors didn't feel "just right." However, I had always admired this icy version when modeled here (@lanit and a few others, though exactly who is escaping me at the moment), and I realized the the pops of pink and blue-gray tones were really the perfect colors for me. When the reseller I was watching slashed the price twice in as many weeks, I knew this was about as good as it was going to get. This lady arrived about three weeks ago, but it's my first time wearing her. Thankfully it's a bit chilly here today, so I can give her an honest outing before things warm up again for good. Thanks to @turfnsurf for your advice before I took the plunge!

In a Cookie knot:
View attachment 5061711

Twisted twice:
View attachment 5061712
Trying to be hip and cool by taking a mirror selfie but looking like a caveman pawing a camera instead :giggle::
View attachment 5061718
Hearty Congratulations! :yahoo:
This is a treasure MADE for you :heart:

What a gorgeous week. Sorry to be awol. I think I’ve caught up with likes.

my obsession started in 2015 so I didn’t miss out on JA or Tyger. And I’ve bored everyone to death with pics of my grails at the time, finally acquired. Phoenix, Ex Lib Kim, L’Ivresse. So instead I’ll share my most recent misses and near misses acquired in the last six months. Yeah, I’ve been busy: View attachment 5061734View attachment 5061735View attachment 5061736View attachment 5061737View attachment 5061738View attachment 5061739View attachment 5061740View attachment 5061741
what gorgeous additions; well worth the wait :heart:

I think it was @PangurBan who said it, but nearly all of my scarves are misses as I only began collecting at the start of 2020 right before the pandemic. I was a longtime lurker here and on the H website often adding scarves to cart and then cancelling out. Anything I own that’s not a late to the party scarf is due to boutique or H website availability over the past year. I have collected from both seasons in 2020 but nothing yet from 2021 as my store has been slow to get stock in.

Actual SOTD was vintage Springs that I snagged on Poshmark. It is from the 80s I believe and was never worn by the owner. It’s the stiffest scarf I have ever felt. As the sun is setting FedEx delivered an eBay purchase I made last week of Elek. This is my second colorway of this grail and I’m thrilled to own it.
Congrats! (on both) I just love Elek paired with blue:love:

SOTD Harnais des Presidents
View attachment 5062353
You have them all! This one (but in bright multicolors) was a near miss for me... Looks fab on you ;)

Just want to take a break and say...
Your scarves, comments and mod shots are all :ps:s!
Keep up the good work! :party:

I waited and watched :popcorn: for this one throughout the season and then, I got the nerve to hit buy. My first H.com purchase. (Popcorn is my favorite emoticon. He’s so funny!)
View attachment 5062388View attachment 5062389
Ideally styled

Status
Not open for further replies.