Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !! Just had the most wonderful DHL delivery all the way from Moscow, and wanted to share. Introducing my newest samourai colorway. I put it on immediately and rather think it works with this yellow sweater. I’m in love with it. I even tried a knot I saw on Instagram this past weekend ! I think my regate ring is too small so I’ll try again later this week with a larger one. Thanks for letting me share, and hope you’re all doing well.

View attachment 4998933
I love it :heart:

Reactions: Yoon daily scarf
thank you all for the loves and likes, and thank you, Cookie, Croisette, Fifi and Yoon for your compliments and encouragement! :flowers: :heart:

Wow - that blue really pops! Congratulations!

Well, I’ll be - starting as a triangle really shows a lot of the scarf! Thank you for showing this knot!

Thank you sweetie!

:hugs:

Beautiful moussie! ❤

These are lovely!

Congratulations - gorgeous golds in this beauty!
Congratulation, Agrume! Lovely!
Thank you so much, dear Pirula!

I love your knots, dear Agrume :loveeyes: Thanks for trying Snail knot, It's so beautiful with your exquisite Jacquard silk scarf! It reminds me an embroidery..:hbeat: And it goes so well with your braided knot too!

Oh you have fabulous scarf collections, dear Foxy Trini! Love them all! Space shopping and Lest toits de Paris are on my wishlist too.. :loveeyes:

I totally go along with your opinion of PdS! Yes it's definitely a treasure. I'm looking forward to see your knots with it.:yahoo:
Oh and yes, I made that illustrations by myself.. hahaha :lol: I'm not talented in drawing ! But hope it works... Thanks for your kind words, dear Foxy Trini ♡ It'll be a big pleasure for me that if you try my knots. I can't wait to see!

Thank you so much for your tutorial, dear Cookiefiend! :hbeat:
You executed my variation of that knot to perfection! And, such beautiful silks! Your illustrations are fantastic! So helpful! Thank you so much for sharing them

I adore this design, especially in this, which is my favorite jacquard... So lovely!

So many beauties!

What a wonderful and practical knot, Yoon! I will try it! Love it with the Mors and also with the 70s!

If you think the 'Chain D'Ancre Snail knot' is too complicated or if you need more simple knots, I recommend this knot to you! I named it as 'Chain D'Ancre bias fold knot' :love:

It started with bias fold. Just pull the fold through the scarf ring, and loop it around your neck, and tie it - And it's done!
It's one of my best To-go knots.
Hope you like it too! :hbeat:

1. With Boucles et Galons du Tsar
View attachment 4999452

2. With La Danse des Amazones
View attachment 4999453

3. With Fleur de Giverny
View attachment 4999454

4. With Dans un Jardin Anglais
View attachment 4999455

5. With Ex-libris Atlantis
View attachment 4999456
6. With Flowers of South Africa
View attachment 4999457

7. With Zebra Pegasus
View attachment 4999459

8. With Le Tour du Monde en 63 Cases :
I made it with Mors scarf ring!
View attachment 4999458

9. With Animapolis :
And you can make this knot without scarf ring.
View attachment 4999460
I have been anxiously awaiting this - I'd seen it on Insta (and loved it), but wasn't sure!
With the Mors ring, at the double end, are you just knotting the scarf there? I am definitely trying this!
(also need to learn how to make such neat and tidy ends - they look like flower petals!)
SOTD is a new-to-me L'Instruction du Roi jacquard in a bias fold and half-knot.

It's already a warm 36 F here. I think I'm going to have to loosen this knot as it is already feeling hot on the neck.

View attachment 4999555
What a lovely colorway!
Keeping it simple with gavroches today.
Spent a few hours at the office this morning. No fancy knot, just a bib with my H Odyssey. I used two tiny silver rings to hold it in place.
View attachment 4999581

Then in the afternoon I played with new acquisition Cheval Punk, slid through a small chain d'ancre type of scarf ring and tied off.
View attachment 4999584

And finally in the evening, I tried wearing my problem scarf ( pale green Phoenix with bright purple border) with a vividly coloured top. I used the same tiny rings that I used in the morning.
View attachment 4999592
Oooo - MP with this top is fabulous and I love that ring!

One of the most decorative and festive knots is the Edot Knot. One can either knot the silk or use a chain d’ancre scarf ring. I prefer to use a scarf ring. This knot can look different depending on the stiffness or softness of the fabric and also depending on how tightly or loosely you make the folds. You can also vary the look by how high or low you position the fanned-out fabric corner. The are tutorials for the Edot Knot on YouTube.
Here are some Edot Knots created with a variety of my scarves
Jardin a Sintra
B0FC84D9-CA12-44FC-884C-449E61F2F70A.jpeg

Cosmographia Universalis
D8A18337-7753-40B7-8DC4-F8240CF248AA.jpeg

La Femme aux Semelles de Vent
F3FCC763-D1CB-4332-9A02-C63845BD05D8.jpeg

Panoplie Equestre
1D8DE59D-286F-472D-B0E8-3AC0C815E426.jpeg

Manufacture de Boucleries Detail
4696C341-CF34-421A-BF54-7A70EA50D892.jpeg

Les Artisans d’Hermes
44AC72BD-E550-4510-A234-E71E669D0C09.jpeg

Flowers of South Africa
B66DDB49-E6A1-4916-9361-638FF33EA0B9.jpeg

L’Esprit de la Foret
990A3411-96DC-4518-A02F-8A1CD91D059A.jpeg

La Maison des Carres
7DDEECF7-D80E-49A8-84BB-B5E9F2FBE1D3.jpeg

La Marche du Zambeze
18DA7BD3-F84E-41F5-A251-6700E8B79CB5.jpeg

L’Arbre du Vent
690F7F79-4278-4CCF-91AB-E023E47EA295.jpeg

Les Tresors d’un Artiste
6CA3F58F-B686-4509-8391-F7E3775AF12C.jpeg

Last edited:
Had I not been 20 pages behind at all times last week, I would have listed him as a favorite artist, in part just to be contrarian. :smile: I find him interesting because he does so many different styles, and I can't tell what exactly his own style is. I mean, he did H Comme Histoires
View attachment 4999332
which in this CW is Pucci-fab (but in the black and gold CW I bet is heartstoppingly rococo) and photorealistic Last Night (men's cashmere 100)
View attachment 4999335
(note the playlist is other scarves he's done) and all the way to comic book Minuit au Faubourg
View attachment 4999337
and back to "painterly" New Springs
View attachment 4999338

In my head the Hermes execs snicker together as they come up with an idea and send it to him, saying, "He'll never be able to do this!" and he sends them a sketch the next day: "Oh, that? Come up with something harder."

Obligatory SOTD, Rose de Compas by Natsuno Hidaka in the worlds most boring but warm knot. (Stole folded in half, wrapped around neck, free ends pulled through fold.) :smile:
View attachment 4999339

He is one of my favourites too! I even have two different cws (and sizes) of Space Shopping au Faubourg. Also recently bought Formule Chic too. One of my absolute favourites from Dimitri Rybaltchenko that I unfortunately don't own myself is Noel au Faubourg. Love your "Last Night" scarf!!

Using some photos I already have (and some from H.com) of my Dimitri Rybaltchenko scarves as it's a bit too dark in the evenings this time of the year to take good photos of them:

Formule Chic from AW20. Double face scarf. Looks even better IRL as the colours are deeper (imo)
1614102553415.png
1614102586408.png

Space Shopping au Faubourg AW17
1614102472180.png
1614102692547.png

With a matching facemask
1614102965356.png

Yes!! I’m obsessed with him. Posting my pieces to help you decide on what you may want to search for next - all archive pics. Love hola but could never decide on a colorway that is “me”. Below are - Noel AU faubourg, quand soudain, Minuit AU faubourg, and space shopping. Last pic is the trio of the series. I’d love a Les toits de Paris some day but seems impossible to find. I think @Redbirdhermes got lucky recently.
I love the comic book ones! And H Comme Histoires! Besides Hola being absolutely stunning to look at, it reminds me of how much fun I had taking flamenco classes a few years ago. It was only for a year and I won’t say I was particularly great at it, but I loved it and would laugh so much with my classmates as we all tried and sometimes failed spectacularly. :lol: :heart: The dancer here could be our old instructor....she was so fierce- strong, agile, graceful and dignified yet sensual. Amazing to watch. I saw the white and light blue CW first, but then I saw the orange and finally the red, both on white backgrounds. I fell....HARD! This one is not mine...but one like her will be one day soon.

1FC3E37D-F6EC-4E9B-9D0A-31EFE8502924.jpeg

Last edited:
He is one of my favourites too! I even have two different cws (and sizes) of Space Shopping au Faubourg. Also recently bought Formule Chic too. One of my absolute favourites from Dimitri Rybaltchenko that I unfortunately don't own myself is Noel au Faubourg. Love your "Last Night" scarf!!

Using some photos I already have (and some from H.com) of my Dimitri Rybaltchenko scarves as it's a bit too dark in the evenings this time of the year to take good photos of them:

Formule Chic from AW20. Double face scarf. Looks even better IRL as the colours are deeper (imo)
View attachment 4999657
View attachment 4999658

Space Shopping au Faubourg AW17
View attachment 4999656
View attachment 4999659

With a matching facemask
View attachment 4999666
Formule Chic cousins! Would love to see mod shots of yours!

Yay! I will try to take some mod shots with it. Please share if you take some with yours. Which cw do you have?
Here are some posts where I’ve shared mine:

Ok, my first (well, second) try at the snail knot. I tried yesterday with a dip dye, and I think it was just too soft to hold the pleats nicely (though, @Yoon daily scarf , the scarf in your video looks fairly slippery as well?). My Tresors de Medors still has a crisp hand, and I think it turned out more "groomed." It is still looking like an ornate cowboy knot for me, so I'm going to have to keep practicing in order to get that shorter jaunty off-center point to the snail "shell." Thanks for introducing us all to this cute knot, Yoon!
Snail_Knot.JPG

Thank you. Fifi.

I retied it later while babysitting my 6-month old grandson. Still in a bias fold with a tiny knot at the bottom. I think of this as the @Cookiefiend special as she often models this so elegantly.

View attachment 4999692
Oh my gosh - what a sweet photo!
Thank you for sharing and for the shout-out on my favorite knot!
SOTD - Half bow knot with Zambeze Wash 90 cm. I feel like the vibe of this knot becomes more casual, with the super-soft wash silk.

View attachment 4999801
It really does - how lovely!
Ok, my first (well, second) try at the snail knot. I tried yesterday with a dip dye, and I think it was just too soft to hold the pleats nicely (though, @Yoon daily scarf , the scarf in your video looks fairly slippery as well?). My Tresors de Medors still has a crisp hand, and I think it turned out more "groomed." It is still looking like an ornate cowboy knot for me, so I'm going to have to keep practicing in order to get that shorter jaunty off-center point to the snail "shell." Thanks for introducing us all to this cute knot, Yoon!
View attachment 4999829
Gorgeous! :heart:

It is the second style demonstrated at timecode 01:27 in this video.

The scarf is described as 70cm by 70cm, but I couldn't tie this with my 70cm.

I do not know what happened here, but I can tell you this mistake brightened my evening: I habe seen this group live, they are a blast. And Vincenzo Capezzuto is made for stage performance! If only I can remember what scarf I wore that day...

Scarf tax:
do not even bother to completely unfold, throw rectangle around neck, fixate with scarf ring:Astroscarf s.jpgbrownblue s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.