Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real time SOTD! Just had my booster jab, and I am sitting in the hall for the mandatory 30 mins to make sure I don't have any bad reactions. It's raining outside and I'm cosy in a cherry red Flamboyant Web. The musical connection: just outside this vaccination centre are the shops which I scoured for a music CD 20 years ago when tiny son insisted on listening to Itsy Bitsy Spider every day after hearing that song on a children's programme :lol: :spiderweb:
PicsArt_11-24-08.08.49.jpg

I'm really loving the way this week is shaping up! :tup: Beautiful scarves everyone!

Acte iii has a strong (but strange) musical connection for me. The design reminded me strongly of the 1935 Midsummer Night's Dream film I watched one night when I was in college and was one main reason I wanted it. The 1935 film featured James Cagney as Bottom and I believe it was Mickey Rooney as Puck. The scene on Acte iii is entirely this one in feel when Bottom has transformed and begins to sing of his misery. Titania wakes up and falls in love, then, though the scene cuts off, in the movie they have a little duet where he brays like a donkey all through the refrains in time to the music... :roflmfao:

View attachment 5257040

This Au Couer de la Vie Petit H necklace and Modernism Tropicale has the heart of all the music of nature doubled.

View attachment 5257067

And I can't help but start singing Lenny Kravitz "Fly Away" when I wear this particular winged one- Zebra Pegasus....

View attachment 5257072

"I wish that I could fly
Into the sky
So very high..."

Love that moody acte iii

Reactions: bunnycat
I was not one of those mothers who was concerned at all about my children’s Halloween costumes. Most years it was “oh, today is Halloween and you need a costume? Put on this Robin Hood cap from the Renaissance Festival and your winter coat will disguise the fact that you aren’t wearing any more of a costume, and we’ll call it good.” One consequence of my indifference was that at quite a young age my kids took charge of their own costumes. :tup:

During a business trip to New York City in October about 25 years ago, I saw the musical Cats on Broadway. I was absolutely enchanted, and came home and announced to the kids that they were going to be cats for Halloween. I sketched out the face designs, purchased colored sticks for their face makeup, and made them up on Halloween. This is to let you know how completely out of the ordinary this was for me, and is a direct reflection of how much I loved Cats. :loveeyes:

The regal felines posing on Les Chats do remind me of the musical Cats.

View attachment 5257024
View attachment 5257025
View attachment 5257026

SOTD is Les Chats

View attachment 5257543
Wonderful scarf and the border colors are beautiful, I think I'm obsessed! I understand the energy you felt after seeing "Cats". Andrew Lloyd Webber is amazing.

Fantastic. Looking forward to seeing your next Les Chats. This is one of those special designs that look utterly amazing in person. The cats are so well done.
Last night on my evening walk, I ran into a cat who resembled that striped beauty next to the white cat. It sniffed my right shin for a long time and then suddenly headbutted me :lol: (Right shin was side-swiped by another cat earlier.)

Real time SOTD! Just had my booster jab, and I am sitting in the hall for the mandatory 30 mins to make sure I don't have any bad reactions. It's raining outside and I'm cosy in a cherry red Flamboyant Web. The musical connection: just outside this vaccination centre are the shops which I scoured for a music CD 20 years ago when tiny son insisted on listening to Itsy Bitsy Spider every day after hearing that song on a children's programme :lol: :spiderweb:
View attachment 5258007
Hope all went well, xincinsin ... I will get my booster next week.

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
I was thrilled when this silk shawl appeared a few months ago on h.com. As others have said, birds definitely remind me of music.

Introducing my Carnaval des Oiseaux in rouge/turquoise/vert, CW06, AW2019.

View attachment 5258327
Stunning! This would work wonderfully with so many color tops. And with your beautiful necklace collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.