Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

For music lovers, some brooches in the shape of Chinese lutes and/or mandolins (I did say I know very little about musical instruments :angel: ) and the solitary Western violin. Crafted from amber and various semi-precious stones set in silver.
View attachment 4851996
And back to scarves. There is a particular shade of blue which I really like. It is close to cobalt and ultramarine but even more saturated. Now and then, an H scarf will be described as being in this colour.

The first time I saw it in a description, I thought "No way!" That was Raconte Moi le Cheval which has a very pretty blue border but not in that shade of blue. Then I bought a nameless scarf which some call La Charge, and it was close to the colour I coveted. Cerises and Urashima Taro both sport a brilliant blue which I would say is the colour I like but I haven't researched their CW name.
View attachment 4852038
This new scarf which just arrived last week is the first one identified as including the blue I seek. Presenting Charmes des Plages Deauville in Klein blue. I can't capture the brilliant hue in my photo, but in the close-up, that strip near the border where the water ripples are drawn is in a blue which glows!
View attachment 4852041
I know what you mean about that ultra saturated, brilliant, glowy blue. I’m mesmerized by the outstanding cobalt & lapis hues in this Les Bissone de Venise, but purchased it preloved so have no official H names.
A5954EFB-60EE-4940-94C8-B17E8CD41AC3.jpeg
Tried out the Mors wrap&tuck a la @Pautinka... the Pau-tuck?:giggle:
(shirt shows up too bright in pic, but the scarf color is pretty accurate)
A5B47A65-2933-4B28-ABF5-F48D39CEDCE4.jpeg
...modified tie with a few wraps & lil’ knot to cut down on fluff & shorten tails. Not the simplified elegance of P’s, but cooler in our still balmy temps.
027FB372-2B02-4609-9997-539338D21F96.jpeg

Ah, of course it does! I even have that scarf, but for some reason rarely wear it :blush:. This was taken on its last outing, almost two years ago...
View attachment 4852207
Oooh, the flowy ascot is quite... Dramatic! :graucho:

Last edited:
Some blue pattern mixing

La Vie du Grand Nord
View attachment 4852356

Kawa Ora (Marine and Noir) - This has turned out to be a very versatile colorway
View attachment 4852358

Le Potager Extraordinaire
View attachment 4852360

These next two were a pattern mixing experiment.....not sure. Mr. Cookie would surely say ... “too busy.”
View attachment 4852361View attachment 4852362
Well paired :smile:
I’m on board with both your experiments- the difference in scale for the first works perfectly. The border on the second gives the eye a visual break. Well done! :clap:

Love that shirt!
Thank you!
I have the Aloha 140 plume silk from a couple of seasons ago; in blue of course.
View attachment 4852540
Gorgeous!
I know what you mean about that ultra saturated, brilliant, glowy blue. I’m mesmerized by the outstanding cobalt & lapis hues in this Les Bissone de Venise, but purchased it preloved so have no official H names.
View attachment 4852513
View attachment 4852538
...modified tie with a few wraps & lil’ knot to cut down on fluff & shorten tails. Not the simplified elegance of P’s, but cooler in our still balmy temps.
View attachment 4852550

Beautiful! I really like the second knot too!

Some blue pattern mixing

La Vie du Grand Nord
View attachment 4852356

Kawa Ora (Marine and Noir) - This has turned out to be a very versatile colorway
View attachment 4852358

Le Potager Extraordinaire
View attachment 4852360

These next two were a pattern mixing experiment.....not sure. Mr. Cookie would surely say ... “too busy.”
View attachment 4852361View attachment 4852362

I like them all- but especially the last one with FauSdeV!

I decided to keep this application scarf after I look at different ones. They all have wrinkles, I guess the curves make this issue so I ended to keep it. It looks beautiful though, and only me know it has a minor flaw like that.
Thank you all ladies who give me a courage to bring it back to the store. :giggle: :blush:
And today first wear.

View attachment 4852508

Beautiful on you tlamdang!

I have the Aloha 140 plume silk from a couple of seasons ago; in blue of course.
View attachment 4852540

Beautiful Aloha!

View attachment 4852513
View attachment 4852538
View attachment 4852550

Love both of these ties! I really am going to have to try this when the weather cools a little more. :yes:

A couple more blues for this week. It's actually been sort of reasonable this week temperature-wise and I fit in a couple of 90s for at least part of the day.

Animapolis

animapblue.jpg

Under the Waves ( wave to my twin @scarf1 !) during the early morning but ended up changing over to Appaloosa des Steppes when it got too humid out...

utwblue copy.jpg

appalossablue.jpg

Agrume, how lovely! And hiking in the Alps sounds phenomenal!! Have a wonderful time. :flowers:
thank you, Awillow!

It might only be a little accent of blue but it really makes the scarf pop! Have a wonderful week in the Alps.
thank you, Pautinka!

Have a good time in the Alps with Kantha!
thank you, Croisette!

Enjoy hiking in the Alps - be careful and post a pic if you can!
thank you, Cookie!

Oh, be safe and enjoy, Agrume!
thank you, Karenska!

Thank you for all the likes, compliments and thoughts. For all who celebrate a new year, kindest wishes!

i lost track somewhere of all the wonderful scarves posted this week, here my SOTD (I think my bluest scarf of all) and a picture after a strenuous ascent - the view did compensate, and the weather was glorious.

CE623751-5AB8-4168-9C76-4E33D1E698CC.jpegD6BFEACE-5351-42F8-8A3D-F2C0204D999E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.