Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of photos of me in my Jungle Love Tattoo shawl in the black and white, although technically it is bleu noir, a very, very dark blue that I find indistinguishable from black. Actually on topic as this is a Dallet big cat design.

With regard to your questions about CSGM's in general, I will add that I love and use mine all the time, other than in the height of summer (although even then I will wear one as a shoulder cover up for dinner in air conditioned restaurants or on a cool evening outdoors). I find them lightweight, extremely easy to tie and drape, and add not only warmth but a wonderful amount of interest to a neutral wardrobe. I do not baby mine, and hence I do end up with the occasional pull, but not many. I've learned to not fret about them, and choose to wear the shawls rather than worry and not wear them. I also find them very easy to wear with my winter coats and jackets, obviously being careful using a zipper closure.

Good luck in your decision, please share if you decide to purchase one, and which one you get!

View attachment 4806530View attachment 4806531
Such a beautiful colorway. I always regretted not getting this one.
Twilly Twins! Looks great with stripes!

Thank you :hugs:

When you wear a shawl at a restaurant do you keep it on eating or take it off and where would you put it to be safe? 55” by 55” is big.

Are they difficult tucking in a winter parka with a zipper?

How do you feel about wearing it like a fleece blanket watching TV but your small dog may join you for a snuggle?

When you bought your first shawl do you continue to use it or used it some at first, then placed it in its box to treasure and don't use it that much, you feel you don’t want to get it damaged?

Any shawl lover :heart: feel free to answer too:flowers:
When I first came to tPF long ago, people were reminiscing about their shawls with baby spit, dog hairs, and all the journeys they had comforted. They need to be used! Also my first shawl was a rather beat up (and very well-priced) Arabesques, with already several pulls. I washed it and it was immediately comfy. Now I have about 10 more, some new, some not.

Last edited:
Got some questions on shawls.

Are they light in weight?

I know what 100 percent cashmere feels like.
How does 70 percent cashmere with 30 percent silk added to the cashmere feel? Does the silk make the cashmere feel more lighter/silkier?

Thank you.

Please do search for the appropriate threads, this is not (really) a chat thread. TY.

Yes, I have this one. It is very pretty. I keep mine folded as they come in the box, but folded one more time in a hanging organizer. A photo I posted previously is below.View attachment 4806547
Happy to be your twin awillow!
Such a beautiful colorway. I always regretted not getting this one.
Not to be an enabler or anything, but I believe this is still available online...just sayin':graucho:
When I first came to tPF long ago, people were reminiscing about their shawls with baby spit, dog hairs, and all the journeys they had comforted. They need to be used! Also my first shawl was a rather beat up (and very well-priced) Arabesques, with already several pulls. I washed it and it was immediately comfy. Now I have about 10 more, some new, some not.
I couldn't agree with this sentiment more...just use the heck out of these shawls, they are meant to be worn :biggrin:

You look lovely, as always, Cookie!
Thank you Croisette!
Sooo fetchingly styled Cookie! :loveeyes:
Thanks cutie!
I missed soooo much in a few days & had lots of wonderful feline catching up to do!! :girlsigh:

My SOTD is an off-topic Courbettes & Cabriolets (equines instead of felines). I’ve been experimenting with scarf head gear thanks to our fab’ @tlamdang08. Today -by necessity- I stumbled upon an easy way to convert a breezy H scarf-into-mask:

I started with a simple Bias fold into wide headband using a Bova knot just below ear (hidden by wild curls here) ...
View attachment 4805947
Before popping into store, I just brought folded tail across face (don’t worry I’m wearing non-smudge lip stick!) and tied another quick Bova knot- voila!
View attachment 4805958
I might look ready to join a desert caravan, but it got the job done & was quite comfortable (no elastic behind ears).
Beautiful and so clever!
Fantastic!
This is sooo pretty with light blue!! Well done!!

I LOVE this!!

Love! I never thought of wearing this with black! Looks so good.
Thank you! :hugs:
Nice look! Love the hoodie.
Thanks Momasarus !

Status
Not open for further replies.