Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

This scarf was in the boutiques in the early 80's. I remember the SA wanted me to get a turquoise bordered version but I was obsessed with orange at the time and so happily settled for an orange Napoleon. Quite some time later I acquired this scarf. The title is "Huile Rafraichissante a lusage de la Toilette Parfumee Hermes Paris." The scarf has a muted slate blue-green throughout the design which is a sufficiently unusual color that leads me to keep it. I think the short version of the title is Huile Parfumee.

View attachment 4776523
A beauty, for sure :hbeat: .

I know I have been an intermittent poster of late, but I had to share that I finally understand the @Fifi knot, also used often by @Cookiefiend. I guess I am a slow learner! Today with some stripes on Robe du Soir along with a striped Breton top. Also sporting my Hermes satin lipstick, Rose Zinzolin which I wear almost every day, by far my favorite :smile: Happy 4th of July weekend for those who celebrate!
View attachment 4777012
Well, you have mastered it, and then some! The knot is perfect with RdS and the scarf looks amazing with the striped top... Beautiful earrings and gorgeous lipstick as well... All around A+!!

Reactions: Bova123
I love a parade. I have owned two houses in my lifetime, and somehow, although we had absolutely no clue when we purchased them, both houses were located on the civic parade route of their respective cities. It is truly a delight to be able to simply walk out to the end of your driveway to enjoy the parade. One house even had an annual boat parade which went right by our dock on the Fourth of July.

So, when I saw La Folle Parade I immediately fell in love with the parade theme and I particularly liked the red, white, and blue colorway. I figured this would be my Independence Day scarf. Before I purchased it, however, I checked out the website of the designer, Claire Fanjul, since this was her first scarf with Hermes. I adored her dip pen and India ink drawings of fanciful maps, ostrich eggs and ceramic skulls. I was immediately sold on this young designer and pulled the trigger on this scarf.

This scarf does not have a lot of stars and stripes, but I am calling the fanciful wheel spoke designs my stars, and my white linen shirt with the blue lines my stripes. In addition to the scarf pictures, I’m including some shots from the Fourth of July boat parade a few years ago. You can see that it, too, has the makings of a crazy parade.

LaFolleParadeFlat.jpg20200703_115413.jpgLaFolleParadeMod.jpgBoatParadeAll.jpg

Last edited:
I love a parade. I have owned two houses in my lifetime, and somehow, although we had absolutely no clue when we purchased them, both houses were located on the civic parade route of their respective cities. It is truly a delight to be able to simply walk out to the end of your driveway to enjoy the parade. One house even had an annual boat parade which went right by our dock on the Fourth of July.

So, when I saw La Folle Parade I immediately fell in love with the parade theme and I particularly liked the red, white, and blue colorway. I figured this would be my Independence Day scarf. Before I purchased it, however, I checked out the website of the designer, Claire Fanjul, since this was her first scarf with Hermes. I adored her dip pen and India ink drawings of fanciful maps, ostrich eggs and ceramic skulls. I was immediately sold on this young designer and pulled the trigger on this scarf.

This scarf does not have a lot of stars and stripes, but I am calling the fanciful wheel spoke designs my stars, and my white linen shirt with the blue lines my stripes. In addition to the scarf pictures, I’m including some shots from the Fourth of July boat parade a few years ago. You can see that it, too, has the makings of a crazy parade.

View attachment 4777183View attachment 4777184View attachment 4777186View attachment 4777187
Love this! And thanks for the boat parade pix!

Reactions: Redbirdhermes

View attachment 4777183View attachment 4777184View attachment 4777186View attachment 4777187
Wonderful post and such an amazing design!

Reactions: Redbirdhermes
And, now, my recently acquired stripiest of the stripey stripes Grail: Rayures Mexicaines...
This is the CW that I was after and thanks to @Joannadyne who has it and gave me a heads-up of it, it’s mine.
And, today I wear it to celebrate my 63rd birthday. So much to be thankful for as I complete another spin around the Sun.
And, I just noticed this post is all helter-skelter and scarves are not all in-synch... Oops!
6932B2E5-52F3-4D16-95E9-104B2E7B2944.jpeg
85B59603-AA45-4885-B00A-89888241E1A0.jpeg

And, a few more for the week’s theme
La Marche du Zambeze
BF18297B-D46C-4075-B76E-6E33DB67D7CA.jpeg

Dans les Branches de l’Ombu
8A02FCA2-5197-4A98-8C1F-C9E3CC4CE872.jpeg
7073DA57-4F32-41CC-8594-9D515911E8CC.jpeg

Sangles en Zig Zag
287BF6B6-B7AA-454F-9427-784DFC0BB1D6.jpeg
7073DA57-4F32-41CC-8594-9D515911E8CC.jpeg

A l’Ombre des Pivoines
BFFE379A-A493-460B-A276-09E0D21748A4.jpeg

435F7F5A-3A3D-413C-BFC4-D469BF775FCF.jpeg

I love this look, Bova. Fabulous!
Thank you so much Awillow!
One of my favorites awillow, but I am trying to work out how you tied this wonderful knot!
And its a super fabulous look Bova!!! :tup:
Thank you kindly bunnycat!
You look gorgeous, dear Bova! I have not worked on any new knots even though I’ve been wanting to, so hooray for mastering the double fifi knot! Also that lippie is exceptionally gorgeous on you - great choice. :loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:
You are too kind joannadyne, I am sure you can master the fifi knot as well!
I love everything about this! Why o why did I not buy this scarf? You look fab
Thanks Momasaurus, it is a real workhorse, perhaps you can still find one in store if we ever get back into one!
You look wonderful, dear Bova ... and thank you!
Thank you dear Croisette :smile:
You look gorgeous, Bova, and your knot is beautiful executed. Love your lip color!
Thank you so much Karenska!

Well, you have mastered it, and then some! The knot is perfect with RdS and the scarf looks amazing with the striped top... Beautiful earrings and gorgeous lipstick as well... All around A+!!
Wow, thank you for such kind words fifi :hugs:

What a perfect scarf for you redbirdhermes, and the color is on point for this weekend!
During the last few days, I have decided to wear scarves that I haven’t worn in at least year ( thank you Stylebook app). I have been rediscovering scarves - it’s shopping my closet.
Actual SOTD. coupons Indiens View attachment 4777205View attachment 4777206
Oh how I need to take the time to explore the stylebook app, this is a wonderful scarf!
And, now, my recently acquired stripiest of the stripey stripes Grail: Rayures Mexicaines...
This is the CW that I was after and thanks to @Joannadyne who has it and gave me a heads-up of it, it’s mine.
And, today I wear it to celebrate my 63rd birthday. So much to be thankful for as I complete another spin around the Sun.
And, I just noticed this post is all helter-skelter and scarves are not all in-synch... Oops!
View attachment 4777226
View attachment 4777229

And, a few more for the week’s theme
La Marche du Zambeze
View attachment 4777219

Dans les Branches de l’Ombu
View attachment 4777220
View attachment 4777225

Sangles en Zig Zag
View attachment 4777221
View attachment 4777225

A l’Ombre des Pivoines
View attachment 4777223

View attachment 4777222
Happy, happy birthday fifi...you look absolutely gorgeous as always in these photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.