Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2020 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My very best wishes to everyone for the New Year to all SOTD regulars, occasional posters and newcomers alike :party: .

The SOTD 2021 thread is now open and ready for business:

The new theme commences tomorrow (3 Jan - whenever your time zone gets there) but there's no reason why you can't post earlier if you want.

Hope you had a lovely lunch! You must have stunned the room with this beauty. I love the jacquards where the weave echoes the subject matter. I think Cookie (?) has the one of the windblown fence ( could wind be considered music? ) with the trellis jacquard. It's little things like this that make these older scarves so amazing - and why I prefer the older jacquards to the repetitive horseheads that we get today.
DS1 frequently complains that DH's wind chimes make too much noise (wind chimes are supposed to bring luck). But I like the furious tinkling when a storm is brewing.

Oh xincinsin! You lucky thing! Two!!!!! Gorgeous!!
They represent years of stalking, dear Pautinka. If nothing else, collecting vintage has been a rewarding exercise in patience. When faced with an aggravating teammate (on zoom), I sometimes daydream of finding a Poret :lol:

Just wanted to share this 70 cm beauty from 2010 - Sur les rives du Leman cw 04, just found it brand new some days ago in luxury second hand store:smile: Now I want it in more colourwaysView attachment 4851157View attachment 4851162
Beautiful!

I'm glad to finally be able to cobble together a little compilation of musical scarves. A couple may push the limits of your imagination but hey ho!
Firstly, Clé des Champs. There is no doubt that this little guy is squawking his wee heart out along with all his other little feathered friends.
Next, Voyages en Russie. I like to think that this mother is crooning a lullaby to her (no doubt very cold and naked ) child as they get pulled through the snow of the Russian countryside.
Petite Venerie shows a man blowing the hallali on a hunt. Le Tribord shows a bunch of sailors undoubtedly singing some rude shanty about a lass with black curls, an impressive bosom and fiery eyes and lastly, the questionable Angler's Companion with its angler's song.
EDIT: Sorry, for some reason they have loaded in wrong order.
Henry F. Smith, Sailor in polished cotton for some odd reason just hasn’t felt right this humid, hot week, so pulling from archives to celebrate the blue whale @Pautinka found a while ago.
I love the humourous intrepretations & details, Pautinka & Jbizzy!

Is that what you’d call a walking contradiction? Haha. I feel I take some much from you and other posters’ pics & knowledge to decide on scarf buying so seems only fair to share also. :flowers: :heart:
So glad you feel comfortable with us, Foxy trini. Your posts are always a delight.

Some blue ones (my fav colour) View attachment 4851426View attachment 4851427pics from this year: my Mega Pois 70 cm and my girlfriend's Ex-Libris Les Parisiennes twilly
Nice! I always admire those who can pull off scarves like Mega Pois. I think I have all of one H scarf that is not busy busy.

Absolutely love it! I have a weak spot for those kinds of dogs (have had Petit brabancon and Japanese chin dogs). Such a lovely scarf! :love: :hbeat:
Pekes are a very Oriental dog so I had to have this design (someone else here collects Oriental designs, right?) Actually, I prefer Pomeranians but I haven't found any on an H scarf yet. Hubby and DS prefer large dogs like huskies and Chow Chows, although DS is now asking for a corgi - he finds them super cute.

I :heart: the column of white!!
I wear white tops with scarves a lot, but it never occurred to me to put white on the bottom, too.:facepalm:
Thanks :smile: I wear all white outfits a lot in summer. It's so easy to put together and requires zero thought but looks chic and I always get a lot of compliments for wearing what are a plain top and a plain bottom :biggrin: Plus it's a great way to show off accessories such as scarves or a statement bracelet or necklace.

Ok, I’ll show n tell! I’ve stalked this scarf for years now and never found one in a condition I could accept, at a price I’m willing to pay, until now. As Xinsincin says, vintage hunting rewards patience.... This, like many older scarves, has a story:

La Comedie Italienne by Philippe Ledoux was first issued in 1962, I believe mine is the later re-issue.

This scarf tells a wonderful story about the Italian form of theater known as Commedia dell’arte, which began in the 16th century and was quite popular during its time. Plays were performed on temporary outdoor stages with actors wearing masks and were based on improvisation rather than full scripts. There were three main characters, the servant, the master, and the lovers. The main theme typically dealt with love, jealousy, adultery and old age.

These plays produced well known characters such as Scaramouche and Harlequin, whom Ledoux captured so beautifully in his carre.

What is so important about these plays, is that they paved the way for female actors, who finally portrayed themselves unlike in Shakespearean plays where all female roles were played by men.

Also kind of musically themed, the jacquard features a lute and guitar, a new one for me and I don’t think appears on any other design?

3160A352-D6AB-4D08-B987-95D6BE80378F.jpeg

More blues!! Ex libris les Parisiennes, exposition universelle (laurenad as requested), baobab cat, plumes en fete in two colorways. The pics posted out of order sorry! Back to zoom meetings I go, thanks for letting me play dress up with all of these sleeping beauties.

View attachment 4851304

View attachment 4851306

View attachment 4851307

View attachment 4851308

View attachment 4851310

View attachment 4851311

View attachment 4851312

View attachment 4851313
I find Exposition universelle always very busy and enoying when I see it flat, but when knotted it looks so much fun. Have not seen it irl though. Waiting for our store to open. It looks great on you. Like the way you did your Parisiennes!

Status
Not open for further replies.