Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2019 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, too, was wondering why, suddenly, there is a 5-7 day wait to ship out most of the scarves on the H website when that was not the case earlier this year or the end of last year, either. I would order a scarf, and it would appear at my door in two days, tops. This delay does not make sense unless the scarves are being shipped from country-to- country, store-to-store to make them available in the US market. Going forward, I will only order scarves from the H website that do not have this 5-7 day delay, or better yet, just purchase from the store directly. How does it make sense for Hermes to place such a delay on shipping an item if the credit card companies will not permit such a long delay without the payment information being input a second time by Hermes with the permission of the customer?

When I purchased my ill-fated Flamingo Dance, it had popped up on the H site out of the blue from a previous season. I immediately ordered it because I was sorry I missed it from past season before I contracted the H bug. It was 5-7 day delay. It looked to be in perfect condition, but it smelled funny - something I can’t even describe and have not encountered before or since. I put it out to air in cool wind, but the smell never really went away. I’ve not ordered any 5-7 items since. I was relieved it seemed H.com quit doing that for a while. No telling what the ‘traveling pants’ story is on those items. I’m so sorry Fifi had this bad experience !

Well, my SOTD is actually my Disaster and Disappointment of the day... I finally received the De la Mer au Ciel that I recently purchased from the Hermès website. But, instead of the one pictured, I received an old, wrinkled, used, snagged and torn surteint De la Mer au Ciel missing the hard identification label. I am dismayed! I wonder whether this scarf will even be accepted as a return without a label and in these conditions. I immediately called Hermès and they were going to run an investigation. Here are pics of my order and a closeup of the scarf I purchased followed by pics of the actual scarf I received with closeups of the care label with the letter S and the hole and snag.

View attachment 4379499

View attachment 4379497

View attachment 4379485

View attachment 4379486

View attachment 4379487

View attachment 4379488

View attachment 4379489

How awful. This has to have been from the Hermesmatic event and they didn't know what the actual CW was as it was a one of a kind. SO SORRY FOR YOU! How disappointing.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
Suzil, if you can only have one scarf, you certainly picked a winner, This one is so classy on you! Chic!
Thank you dear, you are very kind :hbeat: It is the one for now while I test drive wearing a scarf as part of my accesories for fun rather than just functionality if that makes sense! So far I love it and yes, with the rope details and the beautiful colors, RdS is nothing than perfect for me!

When I purchased my ill-fated Flamingo Dance, it had popped up on the H site out of the blue from a previous season. I immediately ordered it because I was sorry I missed it from past season before I contracted the H bug. It was 5-7 day delay. It looked to be in perfect condition, but it smelled funny - something I can’t even describe and have not encountered before or since. I put it out to air in cool wind, but the smell never really went away. I’ve not ordered any 5-7 items since. I was relieved it seemed H.com quit doing that for a while. No telling what the ‘traveling pants’ story is on those items. I’m so sorry Fifi had this bad experience !

So sorry to belabor everyone with my bad Flamingo Dance H.com experience yet more, but I just wanted to add that I have never had any issues with returns to H and should have in retrospect returned that one. I was brand new at the time and thought the smell issue was ‘just me’. I sincerely hope they move swiftly to resolve the current quality issues because it’s been otherwise so much fun to order online.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
So sorry to belabor everyone with my bad Flamingo Dance H.com experience yet more, but I just wanted to add that I have never had any issues with returns to H and should have in retrospect returned that one. I was brand new at the time and thought the smell issue was ‘just me’. I sincerely hope they move swiftly to resolve the current quality issues because it’s been otherwise so much fun to order online.
Sorry about your experience and crossing fingers that it won't happen to me, because what with reshipping and a rather lackadaisical local postal system, I would exceed the return validity period. The postal system used to be very reliable, but recently we were plagued with postmen who hoard or throw away mail, so I follow my tracking closely.

Oh my goodness. I spend two days away from this thread and come back to scarf gate. What the H is wrong with H??? I'm supposed to get my de la Mar on Monday, but I am not hopeful. I guess I should block out a portion of my day to outing customer service on blast.

In the last two days, there was some scarf excitement in my own life.

1. Mr. FR surprised me with scarf mail. He looked through my scarf drawers... and decided that I needed a classic BdG in navy and gold. (Seriously, I love this man so much. I half expected him to complete that sentence with "stop, this is crazy." But that would have been a little surprising because he has only been supportive of my passions - serious and frivolous.) Here's my treat: IMG_20190321_170503328.jpg

2. Then I wore this one today:
IMG_20190322_131528341.jpg
This is my only on-theme contribution. This is a weird scarf. It's clearly a holiday scarf, but I don't like wearing it during the holidays. It feels too "on the nose" and the colors are far better suited to warmer temperatures. But the holly berries and ribbons don't suggest spring/summer. I suspect it's a placeholder until I can find another scarf with these rich metallic shades of Ivory, gold, silver, and gray.

... Any suggestions?

Oh my goodness. I spend two days away from this thread and come back to scarf gate. What the H is wrong with H??? I'm supposed to get my de la Mar on Monday, but I am not hopeful. I guess I should block out a portion of my day to outing customer service on blast.

1. Mr. FR surprised me with scarf mail. He looked through my scarf drawers... and decided that I needed a classic BdG in navy and gold. (Seriously, I love this man so much. I half expected him to complete that sentence with "stop, this is crazy." But that would have been a little surprising because he has only been supportive of my passions - serious and frivolous.) Here's my treat: View attachment 4381072
Mr FR sounds like an amazing person! How thoughtful this gift is! It looks wonderful on you!:flowers:

Two Cathy Latham Twillies

Brandebourgs
Bolduc
Brandebourgs makes a great twilly and look fab with your Kelly!

1. Mr. FR surprised me with scarf mail. He looked through my scarf drawers... and decided that I needed a classic BdG in navy and gold. (Seriously, I love this man so much. I half expected him to complete that sentence with "stop, this is crazy." But that would have been a little surprising because he has only been supportive of my passions - serious and frivolous.) Here's my treat: View attachment 4381072

That was super sweet of him! Love it!
2. Then I wore this one today:
View attachment 4381073
This is my only on-theme contribution. This is a weird scarf. It's clearly a holiday scarf, but I don't like wearing it during the holidays. It feels too "on the nose" and the colors are far better suited to warmer temperatures. But the holly berries and ribbons don't suggest spring/summer. I suspect it's a placeholder until I can find another scarf with these rich metallic shades of Ivory, gold, silver, and gray.

... Any suggestions?

Hmmm...the scale of your NdA detail doesn't make it obviously strictly for holiday wear. It might be pretty with winter whites in the cool season to wear it closer to the holidays? I can't think of any off hand in those metallic shades with a different topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.