Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's theme posed an unusual challenge for me. I live in the tropics and for the first half of my life, autumn was a purely conceptual idea derived from literature, poetry and calendar photos of maple leaves. After living for a period in a temperate zone, I can say that autumn is my favourite season. I love the deepening coolness, the gradually shortening days, and the yummy autumn fruits and veggies. You'll find that my selection of scarves which symbolize autumn to me are much influenced by Keats and Mucha.

AUTUMN and EARTHY COLORS: shades for the Fall Equinox
H has some scarves which depict the four seasons. This is my favourite: Axis Mundi and the quadrant depicting autumn with the horn of plenty.
View attachment 4200985
From the ode "To Autumn": Plump the hazel shells with a sweet kernel
Squirrels scamper on Casse Noisette and Ecureuils gathering their winter store of nuts

View attachment 4200969
Or by a cyder-press, with patient look,
Thou watchest the last oozings hours by hours.

Wine and cider making: rosy apples (and pears) in Ramage, and grapes in Fleurs et Raisins and Fete des Vignerons.
View attachment 4200986
Earthy shades used to mean beige and brown a la Jil Sanders to me, so I was pleasantly surprised when my BFF Google informed me that earth tones included rust and shades of green and slate blue.
A crossover from Horse and Harness week, the saddled chimeras in Favuloso in earth tone cw, Reveries Pompeiienne in rust, and "sleeping" game birds in Belle Chasse (pheasant hunting season starts in autumn).
View attachment 4200995
A touch of whimsy: the bunnies of Les Bles peeping out of the field of ripened corn (Ceres is a goddess of harvest and thus autumn). And a personal theory of mine that Prince Charming held his ball in autumn because Cinderella had ripe pumpkins in the garden to transform into a carriage: Cendrillon and De la Citrouille a la Caleche.
View attachment 4200990
This is a wonderful introduction to the theme... love all your scarves. And what a nice thought, that Cinderella is an autumn story! Makes perfect sense!

This week's theme posed an unusual challenge for me. I live in the tropics and for the first half of my life, autumn was a purely conceptual idea derived from literature, poetry and calendar photos of maple leaves. After living for a period in a temperate zone, I can say that autumn is my favourite season. I love the deepening coolness, the gradually shortening days, and the yummy autumn fruits and veggies. You'll find that my selection of scarves which symbolize autumn to me are much influenced by Keats and Mucha.

H has some scarves which depict the four seasons. This is my favourite: Axis Mundi and the quadrant depicting autumn with the horn of plenty.
View attachment 4200985
Squirrels scamper on Casse Noisette and Ecureuils gathering their winter store of nuts

View attachment 4200969

Wine and cider making: rosy apples (and pears) in Ramage, and grapes in Fleurs et Raisins and Fete des Vignerons.
View attachment 4200986
Earthy shades used to mean beige and brown a la Jil Sanders to me, so I was pleasantly surprised when my BFF Google informed me that earth tones included rust and shades of green and slate blue.
A crossover from Horse and Harness week, the saddled chimeras in Favuloso in earth tone cw, Reveries Pompeiienne in rust, and "sleeping" game birds in Belle Chasse (pheasant hunting season starts in autumn).
View attachment 4200995
A touch of whimsy: the bunnies of Les Bles peeping out of the field of ripened corn (Ceres is a goddess of harvest and thus autumn). And a personal theory of mine that Prince Charming held his ball in autumn because Cinderella had ripe pumpkins in the garden to transform into a carriage: Cendrillon and De la Citrouille a la Caleche.
View attachment 4200990

Lovely intro!!

OT but last night we attended an event at DH's old school, built in the sixteenth century and the inspiration behind Hogwarts. The view over to the even more ancient castle from the school esplanade was lovely in the dusk. My Lettres au Carré seemed appropriate. View attachment 4200975View attachment 4200976View attachment 4200977

Beautiful!

Somewhat cross-posting with H it Up thread...my Mythes et Metamorphis in a fall CW. I tend to bring this one out in the fall/cooler weather. Channeling @bunnycat here with her genius modified Bova knot!View attachment 4201131

I love this!!! [emoji1319]

I’ll start with one of my favorite pics of one of my favorite scarves. Will wear this week for an update shot too.

Fleurs d’Indiennes:

IMG_1537728344.810325.jpg

Thank you fifi!

Oooo- that Turqueries ties so well!
It really does... It’s so elegant...
thank you!

Come back soon, AnnaE! I have it on good authority that looking at pretty pics is soothing and one learns better with frequent breaks :biggrin:

I'm trying to figure this out :smartass:

Every time you show Turqueries, I wonder anew at that detailing!
It’s such a great vintage design!

:nuts: :loveeyes: Could I see a full photo of this Turqueries one, please?!
Of course! I’ll post some for you soon

All very wonderful indeed fifi. I can't choose a favourite from all of these, they are all too splendid!
Thank you so much!

OT but last night we attended an event at DH's old school, built in the sixteenth century and the inspiration behind Hogwarts. The view over to the even more ancient castle from the school esplanade was lovely in the dusk. My Lettres au Carré seemed appropriate. View attachment 4200975View attachment 4200976View attachment 4200977
You look amazing!

That's what I thought bunnycat, so I proceeded to wear my Robe de Soir in that knot yesterday...excellent idea!!

:loveeyes::loveeyes::loveeyes:

Perfection Pautinka...what a beautiful setting!

Thanks for an excellent introduction xincinsin...a fantastic array of autumnal beauties!
Thank you!

View attachment 4200985

View attachment 4200969

View attachment 4200986
View attachment 4200995
View attachment 4200990
What a delightful literary intro! Thank you so much!

Reactions: xincinsin
Reactions: Pautinka
This is so lovely Pautinka! Wondering about how you did the knot..is it just a simple over-wrap knot (whatever that’s called) and then you slip the ring over it? Or does the ring get integrated somehow so it doesn't slip off...I also like the high vamp of your shoes; chic yet supportive, it seems.

Reactions: Pautinka
Status
Not open for further replies.