Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am grateful to everybody for the likes: this topic is one of my favorites, where personal definitions and sources of strength are translated into the visible language of scarves.

Thank you for enjoying my little scarf-personalities. I have fun writing them, but I like even more reading everybody else's stories, all the real-life personalities that come bubbling up and through this thread.

Isn't it interesting how often Ardmore Artists are coming up so far! What is it with those designs? And I'm with you re: walls. Besides, for the price of that groovy hanging system, I could buy . . . another scarf! For me, that's always gonna win out.

Aw, thank you, I'm sucker for a story! I mentioned last year somewhere that I practically bought Cavalcadour Clair de Lune without even seeing it: silk buried by the light of the full moon in China here's all my money now give it to meeeee. I'm so glad you chose that Iris--I did think it was luminous pearly magic on you. Like the changeant, it seems like that pale corner has a color hard to pin down. There's a will-o-the-wisp quality to both, maybe? a don't-be-too-sure-you-know-what-you're-looking-at quality? (Or am I just fantasizing, because I want there to be scarves with that power so I can acquire them too?)

:smile: Allow me to say that I love everything about the way you wear bright colors like that Beloved India. In fact, I thought I was safe from Tohu Bohu mania until I saw your pictures wearing the classic black and red one, darn it.

Thank you! I'd have posted it earlier, but I think I passed out for a while after your collection of scarf rings. The phrase "vintage Bakelite mourning brooch" almost sent me over the edge all by itself. :faint:

Ah, it shouldn't surprise me by now that my Calvacadour Clair de Lune twin and fellow member of the Gold Scarves Done Me Wrong support group is also my Onde cousin. And I feel you on your beautiful, historic, self-affirming Lascaux. One of my favorites never draws compliments either, so we are just self-satisfied secret friends together.

Business meetings? Nah, those were just the neighborhood association meetings. If people do not STOP mis-sorting their recyclables, s**t is gonna get real and I may have to cut somebody. ;)
Hahaha! Oh, Belphoebe... I do love a girl that waxes poetic over bakelite and mousselines!

happy to be your Magus :biggrin: shame, it cannot be fully magic and come for free (as a gift from Magus) but at least i am giving you the spirit!! :hugs:
can't wait to see your post and pics!!! :panic:
Dear ksuromax, I think that you’re spreading the Magic in more ways than one. A dear old friend with a vast collection of silks has been thinking of giving a new home to one of her Noels since she has four... If we can strike a deal, it shall be mine!! I’ve been crossing my fingers for the past couple of days, so we shall see! My ultimate Noel Grail is the black cw and second would be your blue. Third, I adore the lighter pastel and pales and hopefully I can have some of that Magic coming my way soon!! I am excited beyond words!

Another Parures de Samourais - this in cw 07.
A power scarf for me - samourais make me think of the movie Seven Samurai, a favorite of mine. Fierce and strong.
It’s the first scarf I purchased in France - though at the airport - and will always remind me of my first time there and what a marvelous time we had. I was so scared for so long to go to France (we went to Beaune and to Paris) and I was so wrong to have been so worried about it. We got lost a thousand times (though Mr Cookie says we weren’t lost... okay we were ‘directionally challenged many times - hahaha), saw so many fantastic places and things, and now I want to go back.
Here’s my beauty:
IMG_1516117588.207750.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.