Scarves Scarf Of The Day 2018 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 3977867 View attachment 3977864 View attachment 3977863 View attachment 3977862 View attachment 3977860 View attachment 3977859 My SOTD inspired by @bunnycat is Cavaliers d’Or. She pointed out that it featured a dog! I wear it with a Scythian museum replica brooch and thought it would be fun to lay all of my MMA jewelry on it, including the spectacular flexible torque. I’ve had the torque since college and the brooches for well over 25 years... for much longer than I’ve had the scarf. When I saw this design, it was a no-brainer for me. Can’t wait until there is a jewelry-scarf week in this forum!
This simply oozes glamour, fifi! Well, we don't have a jewellery-specific week this year, but please pair your museum treasures with H in July for Clever Handiwork week. The originals of your torc and brooches were certainly not from a machine :amuse:

dogs on The Battery New York by Ugo Gattoni, who draws many more horses than he does dogs:
View attachment 3978125
and a fun Name-The-Scarves QUIZ!!
Start at the upper left and go clockwise, then to the center. (bonus: 3, 4, and 6 are on the same scarf)
View attachment 3978128
Missed your quiz, ABQ! (I wuz asleep :sleepy:)
Sisters on Correspondance and :loveeyes: for the others! I'm totally curious about #7 - no answer yet?
And this is for @bunnycat. My Sanrio pink Alphabet twilly.
PicsArt_02-24-12.05.23.jpg

View attachment 3977867 View attachment 3977864 View attachment 3977863 View attachment 3977862 View attachment 3977860 View attachment 3977859 My SOTD inspired by @bunnycat is Cavaliers d’Or. She pointed out that it featured a dog! I wear it with a Scythian museum replica brooch and thought it would be fun to lay all of my MMA jewelry on it, including the spectacular flexible torque. I’ve had the torque since college and the brooches for well over 25 years... for much longer than I’ve had the scarf. When I saw this design, it was a no-brainer for me. Can’t wait until there is a jewelry-scarf week in this forum!
Fabulous, fifi! Thank you for sharing these gorgeous pieces!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
This is the most incredible jewellery/scarf pairing EVER!!! Your taste is exquisite fifi.

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
View attachment 3978382
@essiedub, the torque is a necklace. I insert a pic of it here. I just tried to remember when I purchased it at NY’s Metropolitan Museum of Art gift shop, and it must have been in 1980 or thereabouts. The gold-plating is such good quality that it is still almost intact. The Scythians were a nomadic people that flourished in Central-Northern Europe at about the same time as the Classical Greeks (so in their peak around 5-4BC). They were master metallurgists. As an Art History major in college (and a jewelry lover), I shopped extensively for my jewelry at the museum shops and at antique stores and shows. It’s been almost 40 years of collecting jewelry! My interest in scarves came much later.
Thank you! This is so interesting I! That scarf/jewelry post was both visually arresting and educational.

View attachment 3978382
@essiedub, the torque is a necklace. I insert a pic of it here. I just tried to remember when I purchased it at NY’s Metropolitan Museum of Art gift shop, and it must have been in 1980 or thereabouts. The gold-plating is such good quality that it is still almost intact. The Scythians were a nomadic people that flourished in Central-Northern Europe at about the same time as the Classical Greeks (so in their peak around 5-4BC). They were master metallurgists. As an Art History major in college (and a jewelry lover), I shopped extensively for my jewelry at the museum shops and at antique stores and shows. It’s been almost 40 years of collecting jewelry! My interest in scarves came much later.

Beautiful fifi! ANd thank you for the extra info on the Scythians! I just knew the scarf was based on Scythian jewelry from an exhibit, but didn't know much about them!

This simply oozes glamour, fifi! Well, we don't have a jewellery-specific week this year, but please pair your museum treasures with H in July for Clever Handiwork week. The originals of your torc and brooches were certainly not from a machine :amuse:

Sisters on Correspondance and :loveeyes: for the others! I'm totally curious about #7 - no answer yet?
View attachment 3978430

LOVE this color! I wonder what color the pink dye will turn the orange in mine?

Love the dynamics on this!

Love those scarves with the design in the bias - they tie fabulous - why don’t We see more of those ?

Totally agree, the diagonal design gives it great dynamics!

The twilly is spectacular!!

View attachment 3978430

This is the most incredible jewellery/scarf pairing EVER!!! Your taste is exquisite fifi.
Thank you, dear @Pautinka.. such a valuable compliment coming ftom you!

Reactions: Pautinka
:tup:

OUTSTANDING!! :faint: I LOVE your jewelry!! It’s beyond amazing that you have that torque. Thank you for posting!! :flowers: I always enjoy your photos!! :tup::tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.