Scarf help! Need suggestions

Aug 6, 2008
Hello all my H lovelies! I need some suggestions on what scarf style/color way to buy to coordinate with my swimsuit and coverup. My husband recently purchased a new yacht and we will be doing quite a bit of entertaining on it so I thought it was time to venture into something more chic for my boating look. I want to try either a head wrap or perhaps even the "pirate fold" that they always show on the website. I looked at maxi twillies online but there is a very limited selection on the website. I open to a 90 folded but wasn't sure if the 120 would end up being too bulky. Below are the suit, coverup and of course my comfy corfou sandals. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA! [emoji170]

Swimsuit
IMG_1497639786.285166.jpg

Coverup
IMG_1497639810.639476.jpg

Shoes
IMG_1497639850.953162.jpg

Hello all my H lovelies! I need some suggestions on what scarf style/color way to buy to coordinate with my swimsuit and coverup. My husband recently purchased a new yacht and we will be doing quite a bit of entertaining on it so I thought it was time to venture into something more chic for my boating look. I want to try either a head wrap or perhaps even the "pirate fold" that they always show on the website. I looked at maxi twillies online but there is a very limited selection on the website. I open to a 90 folded but wasn't sure if the 120 would end up being too bulky. Below are the suit, coverup and of course my comfy corfou sandals. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. TIA! [emoji170]

Swimsuit
View attachment 3733378

Coverup
View attachment 3733379

Shoes
View attachment 3733380

Oh! How fun!! Let me join this topic. :yahoo:I actually love to wear the pirate style in summer, not only with 90, sometimes even with 140. And I also wrap mousseline or Maxi twilly on my head sometimes.

A few came in mind. Although not from current season, you should still be able to find them online or in store.

Tyger Tyger

I think this one will be versatile with your outfits, being blue on blue or neutral stripe on blue, neutral stripe on neutral or bright colors on neutral, wild or floral, depending on how you tie it.
H002958S-04.jpg
Chemins de Corails
This one should be a very easy and summery one

H002207S-10.jpg

Chacun fait son nid
This one just gives you a looooot of color possibilities in such a beautiful way. Totally different main colors when folded differently

H003031S-01.jpg

I love wearing cobalt / metalic with uplifting green. It's a happy color combo.

H432937S-13.jpg
I always enjoy seeing upcloseandstylish wearing the pirate style. She wore tyger tyger perfectly!! I think she has some amazing in action photos from a long time ago but I can't find it..

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.36.00 PM.png

And I guess she wears the 140 too! Ha!

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.36.21 PM.png

Please post some mod pics when you wear them and let us share the joy!! :love:

Attachments

• H002958S-11.jpg
    H002958S-11.jpg
    496.8 KB · Views: 372
Oh! How fun!! Let me join this topic. :yahoo:I actually love to wear the pirate style in summer, not only with 90, sometimes even with 140. And I also wrap mousseline or Maxi twilly on my head sometimes.

A few came in mind. Although not from current season, you should still be able to find them online or in store.

Tyger Tyger

I think this one will be versatile with your outfits, being blue on blue or neutral stripe on blue, neutral stripe on neutral or bright colors on neutral, wild or floral, depending on how you tie it.
View attachment 3733740
Chemins de Corails
This one should be a very easy and summery one

View attachment 3733741

Chacun fait son nid
This one just gives you a looooot of color possibilities in such a beautiful way. Totally different main colors when folded differently

View attachment 3733742

I love wearing cobalt / metalic with uplifting green. It's a happy color combo.

View attachment 3733744
I always enjoy seeing upcloseandstylish wearing the pirate style. She wore tyger tyger perfectly!! I think she has some amazing in action photos from a long time ago but I can't find it..

View attachment 3733750

And I guess she wears the 140 too! Ha!

View attachment 3733751

Please post some mod pics when you wear them and let us share the joy!! :love:

Oh these are such inspired recommendations!!!!! I adore Tyger Tyger but it didn't even come to mind when I was looking. That might just be the winner as none of the others spoke to me like that one. Thank you as well for the action photos. I may get a 120 or mousse. I will definitely post some mod shots when I have my outfit put together. [emoji322]

Reactions: papertiger
Super fun thread!! On a summer day would be cute. You could even fold it this way: IMG_1497702328.912835.jpg

Two more from the website that could be good

Would go well with your bathing suit or a red one too:
IMG_1497702524.795061.jpg
Selfishly I love this summery cw:
IMG_1497702535.007167.jpg

I know you are trying to match your swimsuit, but I would select one that has a variety of colors so it could match more swimsuits in the future. I love the previous suggestions of the Tiger and Chacun! Lots of colors. Can't wait to see your mod shot!

Reactions: PursePassionLV
Super fun thread!! On a summer day would be cute. You could even fold it this way: View attachment 3734159

Two more from the website that could be good

Would go well with your bathing suit or a red one too:
View attachment 3734162
Selfishly I love this summery cw:
View attachment 3734163

I LOVE that idea for a fold!!! I have long hair and the wind really does not do it any favors so this would help protect it some while looking polished. I also thought about a few other swimsuit colors and red was on the top of my list after blue.

I'm not a matchy matchy person but the bikini is small but bright and deserves a punchy scarf so I like Les Tresors d’un Artiste 90 Silk Twill 20 for you. Click to expand thumbnail

View attachment 3735232

I love this colorway and agree on something bright. It would also pair well with red. [emoji848]

Reactions: papertiger
I'm not a matchy matchy person but the bikini is small but bright and deserves a punchy scarf so I like Les Tresors d’un Artiste 90 Silk Twill 20 for you. Click to expand thumbnail

View attachment 3735232

After much debate and searching this is what I ended up with. I love the background because as you said it isn't as matchy as the blue background and will be forgiving with makeup. I am still going to order a tyger tyger as it was the one my DH loved but my local store didn't have any. I will probably end up with additional color ways in this as it was one of my favs for fall. The photos never do justice to the vibrance of the colors. Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions[emoji8] you ladies are the best.

IMG_1498321678.757041.jpg
IMG_1498321689.819642.jpg
IMG_1498321700.817860.jpg
IMG_1498321715.265823.jpg

Reactions: pandoraliz