scarf hangers

matt-g

Jan 8, 2009
Several years ago I purchased two Hermès scarves with the intention of hanging them on a wall. Like many of my well-intentioned ideas, I never got around to it. Last month I saw a couple of passing references to scarf hangers. Are these used to display the scarves? Does Hermès sell them? I tried searching the forum, and while "hanger" in the Hermès section of the forum yielded 73 posts, none mentioned what I was looking for.

Thanks for any assistance!

Hi Quinn's Mom,

Thanks, I'll have to ask next time I'm there. I'm ok with it being a bit pricey as my mom has assured me she'd never wear them if I gave them to her and I'm tired of having them just sitting in their boxes.

Thanks again!

Matt-g, I found scarf hangers that are planted into the walls with four magnet corner that you can hang the corners of your scarf to. The magnets enables you to switch the scarves from time to time. Very useful. However, I got these in Florence. Have not seen them in the US. There is a post by MrsSparkles (I believe with photos) of these hangers. Do a search.

I picked one up from Kaleidoplace a few weeks ago. I think I paid around $400.... I can't recall for sure. I still haven't hung it yet. I have to get someone to do it for me. I am not sure how it will work because the screws have to go in to something very solid and I think it will be tricky to install. At H they often have them on mirrors, which probably helps hold the screws in and it is a great effect, IMO.

I picked one up from Kaleidoplace a few weeks ago. I think I paid around $400.... I can't recall for sure. I still haven't hung it yet. I have to get someone to do it for me. I am not sure how it will work because the screws have to go in to something very solid and I think it will be tricky to install. At H they often have them on mirrors, which probably helps hold the screws in and it is a great effect, IMO.

YAY! Finally enough that I could do a search on and find it! Thanks, Kallie Girl!

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/i-have-a-fixation-347721-5.html

I'll definitely have to ask about this.

Thanks again!

^^Framing is another option but I quite like the H scarf hanging kit. They use magnet clip instead of the fish hook to pull the scarf at its four corners. At least the scarf won't suffer any pin-hole.

Hi PsychoBagLady. I missed your post because I was composing mine at the same time. That was exactly it.

I've considered framing, but I really like the idea of being able to swap one out. I only have two right now, but there are some that I think are really pretty and wouldn't mind picking up if there were an easy way to display them. This fixation looks like the way to do it, but it sure looks like you have to be REALLY sure where you want it and what sizes you'll be displaying. But other than that, it looks perfect.

Thanks everyone!

It's $265 in stores.

I returned a set at Madison last month, they might still have it since this isn't something they display on shelves.

The item on the receipt says "SET OF FIXATION FRAME SCA"