scarf collecting advice

I only buy patterns that I like and a color that looks good on me. Unfortunately that is 90% blue (however my SA does think that some other color works, however with blue my eyes "pop") had to wait for a couple of years before I found a pink that actually looked good on me.
Only have one that I have never worn and that I really don't like but am thinking that I will send that in to get pleaded.

Good luck in your new adventure!

I think if you are a collector then you should try to find at least one vintage scarf with a jacquard in the weave to complete your H collection. Ebay is a good source just make sure you know your real from fake. I've been collecting since September 2007...expensive hobby but lots of fun!!

Thanks all for the advice.

I'm gravitating towards pochettes and the cashmere shawls. I have the silk scarves but I am too scared to wear them for fear of sweat/snagging/staining/and general wear and tear. The cashmere looks more forgiving and the pochettes aren't quite as expensive so I don't feel like I have to treat them with kid gloves.

Anyone know the current pochette designs for spring/summer? I see the ones on the Hermes site but wanted to know if there's info available... like the "spring summer 2009 scarf" post.

suzeya, I've found the silk twills to be very resilient. I wear mine often, and so far I've caused very few stains or pulls, even with a flailing baby/toddler whose nails are hard to trim (she did cause one small snag and I've been more careful since then). There are some great threads here on washing scarves, which I have done with great results. I have a few vintage scarves that are 20-40 years old and in great shape--since I'm not the first owner I don't know how much they were actually worn, but they do hold up really well. In short, don't be afraid to wear your scarves!

(Also, I have two H cashmeres, a 90cm and a shawl, and there are pulls in both--I think the cashmere is actually more fragile and likely to get snagged/pilly/fuzzy, but others have more experience with them than I do. I can definitely say I'm less nervous about my silks.)