Scarf books out of print?

LeeMiller

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
I bought a scarf at the Wall Street location last week and the SA told me that they were no longer printing scarf books. That everything now was online. Is this true? And is it true world wide?

when i bought a scarf last year, the SA gave me the "scarf booklet". however, with the scarf i bought 2months ago, i was given the "scarf cards".

They are pretty restricted with the books. It's not one book or cards for every scarf you buy, they have a limited amount of them. However I haven't heard that they would stop making them. If so, I'm truly sorry. It's not the same to have scarf instructions online compared to a nice orange Hermes booklet. :sad:

No I doubt that very much, you just need to ask them for one.....I don't believe they just had them out. The other thing is they always seem to have very few and run out quickly

I just think that they were out of them. Each store gets a limited amount and I think they give it to there regular customers first. I buy H scarfs around the world and I only get the scarfbooks/cards from my regular SA. I have never received the book anywhere else but I have never asked for one either. So perhaps you get one if you ask for it :confused1:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I think I was feeling a little paranoid from reading so many negative stories. I always buy from different places when I'm traveling, so I should keep that in mind.

I understood they were switching from the little booklets to the cards. Unfortunately, the cards are quite new and were available in limited amounts and I think most stores gave them out quickly. My boutique never offers either booklets or cards - though the local NM did offer a set of cards when they had them. I liked the little booklets also - I like seeing some of the different colorways.

I was given a set of cards at NM a few months ago. I actually purchased my scarf on the QM2, but they didn't have a book or the cards. I got a little pamphlet which was like a mini catalog.
When I purchased my Lindy at Heathrow, DH asked the SA if they could give me a book -- so proud of him for being so in-the-know -- and she told him that they only give the cards now.
--Judy

i don't think you'd need to be regular customer? i think it depends more on the SA. with both times i was given the booklet and cards, i was in different hermes stores (once in montreal and the other in london,UK) and both were my first visit to the store....and i only bought 1 scarf. i never mentioned/asked for the cards/bookelt though.

the SA in the hermes in selfridges was so kind, i bought 1 scarf and he gave me the cards and some kelly calache samples =). it was a very pleasant surprise and experience.