Scared to use my NEW/old Mono Galliera... thinking about a trevi pm? IM INSANE!

tndang

O.G.
Jun 25, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I am first going to start off with saying that i am insane.. and such a worry wart.

so.. as a few of you know, i was able to get my almost 1 year old mono galliera pm replaced with a brand spanking new one (a made in USA one to a made in France one YAY) due to the black brass marks that were starting to show up on the bag.. when i first got the bag last year, it sat in my closet for a month because i was so scared of the new vachetta.. and now, its happening all over again!!!

here is my problem... this is my 2nd LV bag, i have a damier speedy 30 which i love to pieces, its low maintenance and ive used it for 4 years before i got my galliera. I LOVE monogram because it is so classic, and i love the galliera pm, but now i am scared to use it because of the new vachetta, the fear of the black marks again, and because im thinking if i only get an lv every 3-4 years or so.. im wondering how well the galliera will age? (i also dont use it too often in the winter where i live because of the snow.. but i like that because it takes a nice break) however, I love the trevi pm because you can wear it two ways, its damier ebene.. and a more low maintenance style..and i just love the shape..

I dont own any Monogram items except for my mono zippy wallet (and my galliera which im scared to use again and thinking about exchanging it for a trevi pm)

so here is where i seek some advice.

1. should i keep the monogram galliera pm i have always loved .. (even with the fear of it aging horribly?)
... may i add, i probably will get my 3rd LV in less than 4 years, once i start working full time.. (so save up for the trevi as my 3rd bag?)

2. exchange for the trevi pm NOW, since i know i will be using often for a good 3-4 years before i get my next bag (which may be a brand new bag in monogram depending on what style comes out... )

i have asked my friends and they all love the galliera and how it looks on me... and told me not to exchange, i really love this bag so much and i know ill regret it if i exchange it.. but the fears are eating me alive!

TIA for all advice!
I already did a reveal for my galliera and i should probably post some modeling pictures up soon.. but i need to make up my mind before i take her out and use her again.. (ah the new vachetta) soooo

KEEP MONO GALLIERA PM? orrr.. EXCHANGE FOR TREVI PM?

yes! im going to keep it, i just had a moment when writing that post and i was trying to delete it but i cant figure out how. thanks beljwl!
Now im gonna have to just get over the initial fear of brand new vachetta (again)
im going to save for my next purchase n now enjoy my galliera..
:smile:

ps. ill post modeling pics in the clubhouse asap!

Hi Everyone,

I am first going to start off with saying that i am insane.. and such a worry wart.

so.. as a few of you know, i was able to get my almost 1 year old mono galliera pm replaced with a brand spanking new one (a made in USA one to a made in France one YAY) due to the black brass marks that were starting to show up on the bag.. when i first got the bag last year, it sat in my closet for a month because i was so scared of the new vachetta.. and now, its happening all over again!!!

here is my problem... this is my 2nd LV bag, i have a damier speedy 30 which i love to pieces, its low maintenance and ive used it for 4 years before i got my galliera. I LOVE monogram because it is so classic, and i love the galliera pm, but now i am scared to use it because of the new vachetta, the fear of the black marks again, and because im thinking if i only get an lv every 3-4 years or so.. im wondering how well the galliera will age? (i also dont use it too often in the winter where i live because of the snow.. but i like that because it takes a nice break) however, I love the trevi pm because you can wear it two ways, its damier ebene.. and a more low maintenance style..and i just love the shape..

I dont own any Monogram items except for my mono zippy wallet (and my galliera which im scared to use again and thinking about exchanging it for a trevi pm)

so here is where i seek some advice.

1. should i keep the monogram galliera pm i have always loved .. (even with the fear of it aging horribly?)
... may i add, i probably will get my 3rd LV in less than 4 years, once i start working full time.. (so save up for the trevi as my 3rd bag?)

2. exchange for the trevi pm NOW, since i know i will be using often for a good 3-4 years before i get my next bag (which may be a brand new bag in monogram depending on what style comes out... )

i have asked my friends and they all love the galliera and how it looks on me... and told me not to exchange, i really love this bag so much and i know ill regret it if i exchange it.. but the fears are eating me alive!

TIA for all advice!
I already did a reveal for my galliera and i should probably post some modeling pictures up soon.. but i need to make up my mind before i take her out and use her again.. (ah the new vachetta) soooo

KEEP MONO GALLIERA PM? orrr.. EXCHANGE FOR TREVI PM?

I love the galliera so I vote to use the galliera.

I don't know how the galliera looks with the black marks...but it would be too bad if the same thing happens again. Maybe just use it...if it happens again you could sell it and buy the Trevi.

Ah, so I get to play the other side. :graucho:

I'd just get the Trevi now - it's a great worry free bag and can be worn dressy or casual. You will never have to worry about vachetta with it. Since you're going to go back to work, if you find the Trevi is not to your liking, you can just get the Galliera again. :yes: