Scared to return my bag - Defective Neverfull

My Neverfull has not aged well at all...I think it's just symptomatic of the thin straps. Also I find the weight of the pocket (even empty) causes the top of the bag to sag on one side - looks terrible! I think the neverfull has some design flaws...namely the silly pocket! :cursing:

Yep! They made it a touch too big and too wide I think. It's why I don't ever bother using it.

Yes because the commission they make on your 700 entry-market bag is really going to break them.....

yup, usually the SA will put the blame on you. otherwise, the SA will tell you that there isnt anything wrong with the bag. :cursing:

i always manage to get an exchange if i insist. i just told the SA that i bought such an expensive bag and i'm uncomfortable with these flaws therefore i insist an exchange. what can she do?! haha. evetually, the SA exchange for me. the SA should always remember that without people like us who buy from them and they will be jobless by now. :roflmfao:

yeah bring it to boutique... I got my cles without keychain off *bay and brought it to lv with receipt in case but they fixed it right away without my receipt.... So try bringing it to boutique...

I don't think you should complain or scream and shout enough to get an exchange. Customer's these days think they can get away with murder because they have a receipt. The bag is technically used it's like exchanging a used dress for a new one.

SA: this dress smells like BO and has blood stains on it.
customer; yeah, but i've got the receipt and the tag is still attached. GIMMIE A NEW DRESS!

ok i got carried away LOL. Since the bag is under warranty i guess you have to accept the fault and have it sent to repairs, hey at least you dont have to pay for it.

p.s. if you care about maintaining a good relationship with your SA i urge you not to make a big fuss for a new bag. He/She will remember the manner you conduct yourself and im sure it will affect the way he/she will help you in the future.

Last edited:
hmmm....i really think you should at least try...its always a matter of you don't ASK you dont GET.

As for maintaining relationships with SA, I do not suggest that you scream at them. Just negotiate nicely. The SA would be more concerned to maintain a good relationship with you...:smile:

It used to be so different. Back in the day (lol) you could take any authentic LV to any LV boutique and if there was a problem they would fix it for free or replace. Now they barely replace anything (giving the excuse that it's too old to be fixed or somehow you did the damage) and if they do accept it, they charge you. :sad: All this, while quality is going down.

I would still try to take it in, as someone said the worst they can say is no ....

I agree! Take it in and see what they say, let them know a friend bought it for you and you have the bill for it.

I'm sure they can verified it to be legit and will fix it for you. Maybe if you're luck give you a new one.

Take the bag and the receipt. For all LV knows the person bought the bag for you as a gift. I would NOT state you bought it from the secondary market, for they will be less prone to bend a little for you as far as perhaps exchanging it. They will in the very least send it out for repairs, tell them you would appreciate a replacement. Most LV boutiques that I have bought from have a 6 month policy, meaning if the item is 6 months or less in age they replace, more than 6 months of age they send for repairs. So it is important you take the receipt with you otherwise to determine the 6 month time frame, the SAs use the date code inside the bag! Good Luck

I don't think you should complain or scream and shout enough to get an exchange. Customer's these days think they can get away with murder because they have a receipt. The bag is technically used it's like exchanging a used dress for a new one.

customer; yeah, but i've got the receipt and the tag is still attached. GIMMIE A NEW DRESS!

ok i got carried away LOL. Since the bag is under warranty i guess you have to accept the fault and have it sent to repairs, hey at least you dont have to pay for it.

p.s. if you care about maintaining a good relationship with your SA i urge you not to make a big fuss for a new bag. He/She will remember the manner you conduct yourself and im sure it will affect the way he/she will help you in the future.

I can't help but agree...to me it just sounds like you are looking for a new bag without having to pay for one!

yup, usually the SA will put the blame on you. otherwise, the SA will tell you that there isnt anything wrong with the bag. :cursing:

i always manage to get an exchange if i insist. i just told the SA that i bought such an expensive bag and i'm uncomfortable with these flaws therefore i insist an exchange. what can she do?! haha. evetually, the SA exchange for me. the SA should always remember that without people like us who buy from them and they will be jobless by now. :roflmfao:
i totally agree, they would be jobless, i often wonder why they have 8 staff empty shop, but all seem to busy to help:yes:. you go back and talk to them, the very best of luck, i'm not good at complaining;)

I agree about the dress part totally, but its not a dress its a hardly used bag. I cant understand why we have to be sooo nice to sa's, i dont mean be rude of course, but suck up, i'm sorry no can do:nogood:. Everybody should be treated the same, what ever you buy, what ever you spend, and then the world would be a better place, thats my 2 cents worth, and hopfully the OP will have a happy outcome :P

I wouldn't try to return it but that's just me. You might also want to know how returning it might affect the person that you bought it from. (the tPF member) If you made a stink, would that go under her name? You might give her a head's up before you went into a boutique with a receipt with her name on it. I've never returned anything so I don't know how it works.