Scared I was possibly sold a fake DIOR

Ilovemiau

O.G.
Jul 1, 2011
Ladies,
just want to let u know as this seller has good reputation and amazing feedback on ebay but sold me a fake.
Ebay Seller: highstrungdesigns

i bought a lady Dior back in July 2017 .
she has only positive Feedback so i felt save ( well my mistake) never trust anyone.
yesterday i found out that the bag she sold me is a fake.
i contacted her but she did not even replied but uploaded new listings in the ebay store.

please be aware and have it authenticated before u buy from her store. she has chanel and hermes and other brands too.

any tipps and help is really appreciated.

thank u :heart:

Oh noo!

So sorry for this nightmare! So so sad that you missed the window to file a claim on eBay/PayPal by a few months. This is why you always have to authenticate purchases from 3rd party sellers no matter the reputation, because there is always a risk a fake slips in somewhere.

You do still have recourse in small claims court, if you feel that is worth your energy and time. Simply threatening a case may be enough to scare the seller into taking a return.

We feel your pain babe, keep your chin up, and remember we all have taken losses on our bag obsessions in one way or another!

Thank u so much , i know i should have but with her amazing feedback i just did n t . i requested now an authentification letter to get it in written form. there are couple of discrepancies on the bag . i think that she might knew that it was a fake? as the price was really good. fingers crossed and i m waiting for the 100% answer so i can follow up other steps. and its not only about the money, its a lesson learned to make it immediately and not trusting anyone on that .

If the professional authentication deems the bag as fake, you have a small claims court action and possibly, a c.c. dispute to file, but as you've learned, you're too late for ebay and paypal.

Anyone can make a mistake and since it took you 9 months to suspect your item is fake, it's unfair to allege that highstrungdesigns "might have known that it was a fake? as the price was really good."

For one, price isn't necessarily an indication of authenticity and secondly, while sellers are supposed to verify authenticity, mistakes happen.

Whenever buying from ANYONE other than an authorized department store or boutique, you should always verify that your purchase is "as described."

So far, it doesn't sound as though you've confirmed that the item you bought is fake but if it comes to that, there are steps to take to try to get your money back.

Reactions: SakuraSakura
Thank u for the reply Beenburned. i contacted her again and asked for a reply , for now i m waiting for the authentification letter to get it in written form. i learned my lesson for sure. :heart: i didn't t suspected it as i trusted her feedback and i m not familiar with dior at all. for now i brought it to the dior store and compared it there with the new lady dior style and its compactly different but they changed the style and details couple of times. But the serial number is missing, the tag inside is upside down,. the made in lettering is off, couple of discrepancies and the dior tag is on a moving dangling key chain , not fixed in the ring . so we will see. either the consignment store is wrong or the seller made the mistake . i have no idea who to believe now thats why i want it in written form. hopefully it get s resolved asap. thank u for the PNs . i appreciate all your tipps and help. will update once i have an answer from seller and the authentification. Thanks :heart:

Have you posted pictures on Authenticate This DIOR? (Not all AT brands require current links to active listings.)

While that may not help in getting a refund, it might give you peace of mind, especially if you're wrong!

This is JMO but if the bag is confirmed to be fake, an honest and honorable seller would still do the right thing.

Reactions: alliegetyourgun
no i did nt i can do it in the meantime while i m waiting for the authentification service to answer , did nt know that they look at bags without active listings . i think i will do that too. that s a good idea.

UPDATE: she finally answered on ebay after couple of emails . seller insists its 100% authentic and she send me 2 random pics of sold lady diors from google as proof that this bag is indeed authentic. well after the consignment store clearly told me the parts which are not authentic i m now really waiting for the written statement. very nervous about it.

no i did nt i can do it in the meantime while i m waiting for the authentification service to answer , did nt know that they look at bags without active listings . i think i will do that too. that s a good idea.

UPDATE: she finally answered on ebay after couple of emails . seller insists its 100% authentic and she send me 2 random pics of sold lady diors from google as proof that this bag is indeed authentic. well after the consignment store clearly told me the parts which are not authentic i m now really waiting for the written statement. very nervous about it.

The authentication will confirm one way or the other what your suspicions might be. If your seller did indeed sell you what you suspect to be a fake bag you may have some recourse
Keep us posted

Reactions: sunysk
Ladies,
just want to let u know as this seller has good reputation and amazing feedback on ebay but sold me a fake.
Ebay Seller: highstrungdesigns

i bought a lady Dior back in July 2017 .
she has only positive Feedback so i felt save ( well my mistake) never trust anyone.
yesterday i found out that the bag she sold me is a fake.
i contacted her but she did not even replied but uploaded new listings in the ebay store.

please be aware and have it authenticated before u buy from her store. she has chanel and hermes and other brands too.

any tipps and help is really appreciated.

thank u :heart:

Thank u so much , i know i should have but with her amazing feedback i just did n t . i requested now an authentification letter to get it in written form. there are couple of discrepancies on the bag . i think that she might knew that it was a fake? as the price was really good. fingers crossed and i m waiting for the 100% answer so i can follow up other steps. and its not only about the money, its a lesson learned to make it immediately and not trusting anyone on that .

Thank u for the reply Beenburned. i contacted her again and asked for a reply , for now i m waiting for the authentification letter to get it in written form. i learned my lesson for sure. :heart: i didn't t suspected it as i trusted her feedback and i m not familiar with dior at all. for now i brought it to the dior store and compared it there with the new lady dior style and its compactly different but they changed the style and details couple of times. But the serial number is missing, the tag inside is upside down,. the made in lettering is off, couple of discrepancies and the dior tag is on a moving dangling key chain , not fixed in the ring . so we will see. either the consignment store is wrong or the seller made the mistake . i have no idea who to believe now thats why i want it in written form. hopefully it get s resolved asap. thank u for the PNs . i appreciate all your tipps and help. will update once i have an answer from seller and the authentification. Thanks :heart:

Your title stating the seller scammed you makes is appear the bag is not authentic but your posts indicate that you did not have an answer from the authenticator before opening the thread? Please clarify! Thanks you!

A personal pet peeve is when buyers allege that they got a fake, disparage a seller's reputation without knowing for sure whether their suspicions are correct and don't follow through on verifying their suspicions. (I know from my own experience that Authenticate this Dior as well as other designer authenticators will authenticate items without active links.)

How easy would it have been to post there and validate her concerns?

Reactions: SakuraSakura
i m still waiting for the certificate of the authentification . i tried 2 stores to consign the bag with and both immediately declined it as a fake lady dior so that is WHY i asked for the authentification service to get it in written form. the dior store did not looked at the bag as it was not purchesed there so nothing in written form from them. i don't need a answer from the dior Thread as it doesn't help me with following steps anyhow , thats why i did not posted it. no need to be so harsh and aggressive about it. so please be respectful and accept my decisions . i m more then happy to share the final outcome ONCE I HAVE it in written. so far the authentification needed more detailed pics as the inside lining lettering is too thick too in addition to other specifics.

they promised to have the answer today or tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: SkeeWee1908