scammers and their stories

When an item is 'no longer for sale' that usually means that the seller withdrew the item or Ebay removed it. I am thinking that this scammer must have gotten tons of angry letters enough to have the sense to remove the item...but I have a feeling this is going to 'burp up' again on Ebay, so just keep your eyes open. I really HOPE that no one was duped into buying junk. I have no pity for people who lie.

But imagine it was all true! :wtf: How cruel would we all feel!!!

I'm with you on this one!

Yes, the story's quite a tough sell, but the reactions I'm reading here are equally hard to swallow. Both are quite infantilizing: I suddenly feel like I'm back in high school... :death:

I'm not defending fakes. I think the seller is either oversharing (at best) or scamming (most likely). Still, before we "LoL", "OMG" and "ROFLMAO" our way back into adolescence, I'd like to think we know for a fact that the purse is fake. The question was posed in the thread, and no one has answered it yet. So, IS the purse fake?:confused1:

I'd like to think we know for a fact that the purse is fake. The question was posed in the thread, and no one has answered it yet. So, IS the purse fake?:confused1:

i don't know that my opinion is what you are looking for, since i DID state that the bag is a fake in my post. but yes, it's definitely a fake, and not even a very good one. there are several dead giveaways that it's not genuine, for example hermes bags NEVER come with authenticty cards.

i don't know that my opinion is what you are looking for, since i DID state that the bag is a fake in my post. but yes, it's definitely a fake, and not even a very good one. there are several dead giveaways that it's not genuine, for example hermes bags NEVER come with authenticty cards.

I wasn't looking for any particular poster's opinion. I just wanted to be sure the handbag WAS indeed fake before I made any assumptions about the seller's integrity. It just seems to me that it would be insanely reckless to try to float something over 12K and imagine that the buyer will not attempt to authenticate. And it's fascinating that she spent so much time on crafting her fictional narrative, but couldn't be bothered to do her research and figure out that including "authenticity cards" would be a dead giveaway the purse is fake. :wtf:

Wow.

Thats really bizarre!!!......even if true I would never overshare a personal story like that:wtf: ......and with the authenticity cards thing, it must be a fake, which just throws the whole story to scam artist!...

The inside of the bag looks plastic.....do you think?

If for no other reason than the lack of a sales format, ie all the particulars, tons of photos, provenance, etc etc. I've heard similar (drama wise) stories ending with can you loan me $10! As has been mentioned on other threads, if you have something to sell, sell it-don't disguise it!

:cursing: I'm sorry for saying this but it's s**t like this that makes the rest of the world hate us....This is worse than a joke...this is about as insulting as they come..Crap like this is what brings ebay wwaaaaaaayy down..And I rely on ebay lots of times to find what I can't get around here or on the internet!!
:heart: Emmy