Scales vs the new WOC

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I can pick one ... either the burgundy messenger Scales bag - owners, any pros/cons?

Or the what I hear very 'blingy' gold WOC ... again, owners, pros/cons?

I know neither bag is a substitute for the other, just want opinions. Obviously the scales is more practical but does it look too much like a messenger bag? I like the zipper detail a lot.

The gold WOC is just appealing to the 'girly' side of me ..

2. I think it totally depends on what you need more, a small evening/going out clutch-sized purse or a bigger functional one.
    I *personally* would pick the scales because I would use it more since the WOC doesn't fit very much, lol

3. I got the new style red WOC and love it! So I vote for WOC!

4. There is a new RED WOC??? Didn't even know. Do you have a pic? That would probably change everything!!!

5. oooooh a red woc sounds gorgeous lol

6. I cant remember what the scales bag look like?U have a pic?I just remember that i liked it..hehe..

7. is "Scales" the one w/ big faux scales embossed on it?
    I saw those bags today and I don't care for them at all.

I love the WoC but not the specific style that's in red right now, I prefer the more classic version{s} for some reason.

8. WOC over scales for me.

9. hi harley! i've seen the scales at NM and the Chanel boutique...doesn't quite do it for me. i vote WOC. whichever you choose, post pics!! :yes:

10. Well, it depends if you need a bag that you can put a few more things in then get the scales. But if you just need to put your essentials the get the WOC. HTH

11. i LOVE the scales design, but when i saw it at chanel and saw that it had nylon (?) webbing as the background for the scales, i really didn't think it was worth the price. but if you don't mind that, then i vote for the scales bag. i think it's large and functional and the red has a good tone to it. i think the size of it will make it more functional. good luck on your decision. it's always so thrilling to get a chanel bag :graucho:

12. I say WOC def!! Im not too crazy about the Scales line.

13. I also saw a scale messenger type bag. It had a wide strap (nice) with a full length zipper (weird?)along the strap. The fabric behind the scales is a micofiber (the SA told me) Although, it is a lovely size and shape, I think it's just the creepiest looking pattern. Like they wanted to make a entry-level leather bag, but it's not that cheap. The style would lend itself to a smooth leather; even vinyl or coated canvas. I saw the scales will show up at the sales!
    --Judy

14. I'm bumping this back up, because the scales are "growing" on me. I saw a large red one today at NM. The red was kind of nice with the scales because it broke up the monotony of an all red bag. The one I saw was more of a flap and pretty big. I might not hate it as much as I did when I posted this morning.
    --Judy

15. I have the gold WOC and love it!!!! I vote for the WOC!!!