Scabies...when will it end?!?!?!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all,

I have been dealing with scabies for several weeks now and it's driving me insane to the point where I have been crying out of frustration. :sad:

I already went to my primary care physician who prescribed me Permethrin…I used it the first week, but I got it again a week and a half later. So I bought more Permethrin and re cleaned EVERYTHING (even though I did that the first time around)…my bedding, my carpet, laundry. I hot washed everything and put everything in the dryer at a high temperature.

It’s already week 3 and I still am showing burrows/nodules (and no, I know this isn’t Post Scabies Syndrome…they’re definitely new burrows). I have re-applied the cream and I am going to do a follow-up with my doctor next Monday. I am going insane.

I have no idea where or how I got it. I am not seeing anyone, nor has anyone else in my household have it. Does anyone know how long this horrible thing lasts??? Luckily it’s manifesting mainly been on my hands (and yes, I do apply the cream EVERYWHERE, not just my hands), but I’m really upset with all of this. Has anyone been through this or do I just have ridiculously bad luck?

Thanks for listening to my vent.

2. Do you have a dermatologist? Sometimes, oral ivermectin is indicated when permethrin is not working.