SC Owners, honest opinion please.

smudleybear

Feb 19, 2014
Recently I managed to locate a brand new SC taupe/coral. Since it was released in March, I never expect to come across a brand new piece as in hardly touched by customers and the lock etc are still in the plastic inside the bag n the strap still not attach to the D ring.My concern now is there's a deep crease on the side of the bag. I've looked at other sc that are lined with suede and they doesn't have the deep crease like mine. I'm afraid after long term usage,the crease might get deeper. Do you ladies experience with the same issue with ur sc? Will this bother u ? Should I keep the bag despite the combo colour is hard to find now or is too much to risk for a $5K bag? All input are highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-20141019-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20141019-WA0004.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 699
This other side isn't so obvious but there's still a bit. I know this isn't a defect. I'm sure the SA will say the same. I've looked at the cobalt/fuchsia one but it hasn't got the same issue. So sc owners, is this normal? Or because maybe it's lined with leather and comes out differently from suede? Should I be worried? Most of all should I KEEP or forget about it?

Attachments

• IMG-20141019-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20141019-WA0001.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 663
I can't answer your question, but from the pics, that looks like a gorgeous bag! I wouldn't have focused on that if you didn't draw my attention to it and still, it doesn't bother me at all. It's a leather bag and it's not totally structured, much like a speedy, I would expect some pull or pliability. Regardless, I really LOVE the bag- great taste!

I can't answer your question, but from the pics, that looks like a gorgeous bag! I wouldn't have focused on that if you didn't draw my attention to it and still, it doesn't bother me at all. It's a leather bag and it's not totally structured, much like a speedy, I would expect some pull or pliability. Regardless, I really LOVE the bag- great taste!
Thanks for your input. I was debating to get this parnassea collection in cobalt/fuschia for 6 months. I was gonna for that colour until my SA found this taupe sleeping in the stock room. I didn't expect to even find one this time after 6 months because I heard the taupe are very limited. However, let's hear what others have to say.

Last edited:
Honestly...I think its kinda nice? Does both sides do it? Or just the one? If it was both, I wouldn't be too bothered by it. If it was just the one side (and it really, really bothers you), I would return it :smile:

I have the normal SC with the suede interior, and my sides are not like that. With that said though, I don't really think its a big deal, like you said maybe it is because the interior is leather as opposed to suede. If you love the color, then I would say keep it.

I have the normal SC with the suede interior, and my sides are not like that. With that said though, I don't really think its a big deal, like you said maybe it is because the interior is leather as opposed to suede. If you love the color, then I would say keep it.

This is what I noticed in the suede lined sc. Their sides aren't like that.

There's a gorgeous cobalt and fushia SC listed under "Soft leathers" for $5000K on the LV site--I just saw it and began lusting for it. You might take a look-doesn't look like sides are same as yours but really hard to tell in picture

There's a gorgeous cobalt and fushia SC listed under "Soft leathers" for $5000K on the LV site--I just saw it and began lusting for it. You might take a look-doesn't look like sides are same as yours but really hard to tell in picture

I've looked at the cobalt/fuschia in the store n its only one left n has a 2inches long scartch. But the sides aren't like mine. I'm not willing to pay that much for a scartch :sad: pictures online doesn't justify anything. Its a total different story when we see the real thing. It could be due the way how they store the bag. I've seen horrible sc bag stored without stuffing.

You have alerted me to the sides of the bag given the beauty I would not have seen this indentation on the bag. It may have caused by the storage and or it seems that it is the part of the bag, the sucken effect more of a reinforcement structure on the inside due to the leather. LOVE YOUR BAG

I have 3 SCs, including the cobalt/fuschia. The are beautiful bags, but with use they don't stay ultra "structured" as they appear on the website, even being stored stuffed. Scratches are a different story!