SC or Emp Speedy 25

7ladies

May 2, 2014
LV was not able to repair my Emp Speedy 25 in Aube, and thus offered either an exchange for another Speedy 25 OR another item of the same value. I have actually been considering the SC PM bag, but the Speedy 25 has its sentimental value, as it was the first LV bag I bought myself.

My Emp Speedy 25 has caused me so much nightmares, with the glazing at the bandouliere strap and the handles. I had to bring the bag in twice to seek some grievance.

So I would like to seek your opinion about what I should do. The bag will be use during my off days, so there wont be much to carry. I am most concern about the care and maintenance of the bag, and the wear and tear.

There are so many posts about problems with this bag in the clubhouse, it seems that it may be a style to avoid. I have been on the fence with this bag for years. Some owners (youtube etc) love them but I wonder if these people have so many other bags in rotation that that is why they have not had problems yet? The new! Montaigne mm in Empreinte may be a good alternative since the handles are attached differently and the bag is more structured. There are two yoitube videos on these. Check it out. What do you think?

I had glazing issues with my emp speedy also but LV did give me a replacement bag which I was very surprised. Anyway I didn't want the headaches worrying if the new bag was going to do the same thing, so we parted our ways. I would get the SC over the emp speedy cause I think you'll be paranoid still.

I just bought a Empreinte speedy so I'm biased, I like the embossing of the Empreinte leather, it's so beautiful and recognizable.

SC PM, I'm sure it's a well made bag, it's over 5K, it better be.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I just bought a Empreinte speedy so I'm biased, I like the embossing of the Empreinte leather, it's so beautiful and recognizable.

SC PM, I'm sure it's a well made bag, it's over 5K, it better be.

Happiness is not about how much you have, but how little you need.

I have to agree. Your post made me laugh. :lol:

I have both the sc pm and the empreinte speedy in 30. If I could have only one, I'd go with the sc pm. It's better made and more luxurious. I use the emp speedy for more casual occasions or as a work bag when I have a smaller load to take with me. I haven't experienced any glazing issues with my emp speedy and hope I never do- I just haven't used it much as it's in rotation much of the time.