Say it ain't so. . . *sob*

roomommy

O.G.
May 14, 2008
Is the color of my future carter jr. really like a dirty subway seat???

http://www.**************/marc-jacobs-handbags/marc-jacobs-carter-rocket-tote.html

I don't use public transportation in my town, where the subway seats are actually orange, but someone help me and Say It Ain't So!!

I like that rocket tote too. Sniff.

ETA: Apparently tpf doesn't like the link (I guess because it's another purse blog; go tpf!!). Here's the quote:
0470803826815_275x275.jpg

Ho hum. Marc Jacobs is usually the king of the IT bag, but he is quite off the mark with this boring Carter Rocket Tote. The color is reminiscent of a dirty subway seat and the three random studs fail to give it the pizazz that it needs to go down in the annals of fashion history with his bags of seasons past. I am sure it could hold everything you need but you might be mistaken for someones ride home from soccer practice. Better luck next time, Marc.

Last edited:
It's one person's opinion and for all we know she has horrible taste. I think it's a very rich color and if you love it, that's all that matters!! And you know what, if you can fit the kids' soccer stuff in it, all the better!

The more I look at the comment, the more I think it's very insulting to soccer moms everywhere, and I actually am not one (yet, maybe).
Why do some people think being a SAHM = frump?
I work, and I have seen other working moms who might be labeled as not so stylin' either. Regardless, just because someone thinks they have style doesn't mean they should insult others whom they regard to be less styled.
BTW I came across that blog by searching for the carter rocket tote, so I don't know if they always sound so derisive. I sincerely hope not.

i read that. :rolleyes: pay them no mind because they don't know what they're talking about. that, and they sound arrogant on top of it. judging by the overall review, i wonder if a) the writer has ever seen the charcoal carter bags in person (how accurate is a review if you base it off of an online photo?) b) if they even live in nyc and exactly how much of an extensive study on subway seat grime have they performed? a worrisome amount it would seem.

as for the rude soccer mom comment, i'll let the other ladies here handle that one.

being that i own both a charcoal carter bag and happen to live in nyc, i'll tell you this: the color in the saks photo is not representative of how charcoal looks irl. it's a dark, smokey, sexy grey. you won't regret your purchase. secondly, when i encounter subway seat grime, i scurry far away and find another place to rest my a$$. i really don't scrutinize it enough to get a feel for its color family in order to use it as a simile to describe other things in my life.

no one talks sh!t about my bag! anyway, there's a reason we're all at this forum and not at that one. just saying... :devil:

Last edited:
^^ I take offense to that comment to, im a sahm and a soccor mom at that. And I have just as much style at 25 as I did at 18 if not more so! My daughters 9 and her friends are always telling her how "Cool" her mom is. Soccer mom is this day and age certainly does not mean frump anymore

no one talks sh!t about my bag! anyway, there's a reason we're all at this forum and not at that one. just saying... :devil:

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

I still love the bag, of course. I just thought that those were pretty funny comments. I actually don't regularly read Meg's blog but my impression is that she doesn't sound as snooty as that lady.

:roflmfao::roflmfao:

I still love the bag, of course. I just thought that those were pretty funny comments. I actually don't regularly read Meg's blog but my impression is that she doesn't sound as snooty as that lady.

no, she doesn't at all. she does a good job of saying she doesn't like a bag without being rude about it and resorting to fail-to-be-witty insults.

*I can't find the right the smiley, but I'm laughing out loud*

I know it's just her opinion, and I don't take it too seriously.
Although to be honest I was actually surprised that not everyone loves the carter collection as much as I do.:shame:
I forget that not everyone has MJ goggles on!

Last edited: