Say "Hello" to Sydney my Bloodhound

Saich2

O.G.
Sep 4, 2006
This is Sydney he is a 2.5 year old Bloodhound, colour Liver/Tan.

I have had Sydney since he was 8 weeks old and he was so tiny, then he started to grow and grow to what he is today.

Bloodhounds are like no other dog, you cannot tell a Bloodhound off, they growl and sulk, you have to distract them like children. He has a mound of squeaky toys which he loves to play with, he also loves swimming which he learnt last year.

Sydney is a good boy I am very lucky I can keep him off the lead although I do have to keep a close eye on him incase he starts "tracking".

In England Bloodhounds are a "in danger" breed their are not a lot of them

I love him very much

Attachments

• 130_3063.JPG
    130_3063.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 128
  • 130_3068.JPG
    130_3068.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 130_3065.JPG
    130_3065.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 80
"in danger breed" means their on the endanger dog list. Their are not a lot of them in England. I know USA has a lot of this breed but in England they are very rare.

Yes he does have long jowls......and you would not believe how far the "slobber" goes when he shakes his head....LOL..

He comes from a line of Show Bloodhounds although I do not show him. He is very handsome and gets a lot of comments when he is out, and although he is 2.5 years old he behaves as a puppy. Very gentle, and when he meets a small dog over the park will lay on the ground so he is at the other dogs level and lets them climb on him, very sweet

"in danger breed" means their on the endanger dog list. Their are not a lot of them in England. I know USA has a lot of this breed but in England they are very rare.

Yes he does have long jowls......and you would not believe how far the "slobber" goes when he shakes his head....LOL..

He comes from a line of Show Bloodhounds although I do not show him. He is very handsome and gets a lot of comments when he is out, and although he is 2.5 years old he behaves as a puppy. Very gentle, and when he meets a small dog over the park will lay on the ground so he is at the other dogs level and lets them climb on him, very sweet

How gentle of him to do that with small dogs! He probably is gentle with children, also. He really is handsome and dignified in the photos--it must be so much fun to watch him play!!:smile:

How gentle of him to do that with small dogs! He probably is gentle with children, also. He really is handsome and dignified in the photos--it must be so much fun to watch him play!!:smile:

He plays just like a puppy, legs all over the place, pouncing on the ground, hes a bit like a "bull in a china shop" because of his size. Yes he is very gentle with children, just stands their and lets them pet him. Its a good job I have a King size bed because when he goes to sleep on it he takes up a lot of room....LOL

Aw, what a sweetie! I know what you mean about being so tiny when they're young. I've had my pug for almost a year now and I keep thinking back to last December when I got her and she looked like a little Beanie Baby.

what a darling! I love that he has a "mound of squeaky toys." How cute is that!!!? Little gentle giant, what a sweet, loving face. I want to give him a big ole hug!!!:tender: