Say hello to a special little guy......

I believe those spiritual experiences happen. I wont' list the ones I've had (I'm old and there have been several) but I believe you received a message from Wendell.

wishing you and your feline crew all the best!

Working from home today, with an eye on Clarence.....
So, he slept in the kitchen before making his way back to the bedroom for breakfast (1 bowl of Gourmet, 1 bowl of chicken, after which he assured me he couldn't manage another mouthful for at least twenty minutes....:biggrin:). I am still carrying him to the litter box and letting him find his way from there and am having to put his food right under his nose or he doesn't realise it's there. I think he's doing pretty well, though..... and the BBB is still entranced. I am waiting for the moment she is brave enough to use him as a pillow.
I actually think he IS deaf and at the clinic he only looked up when the pen door was opened because he felt the vibrations....I am having to blow gently at him before I touch him, or he heads ceilingwards in fright....
Either way, he seems quite content (if still a little nervous and scared.) and has already been accepted by the rest of the family. Updates later!

:love: You are a fantastic fur mom!!

Its so awesome to hear Clarence Purrbright is doing well and his brothers and sisters have accepted him... I love the story of him sleeping so peacefully in the litter box :biggrin: ....little BBB is so cute with those big eyes too!

What an excellent story he is just a gorgeous beautiful lucky boy ...

Thank you poopsie - he really did, didn't he?
Yesterday I added Wendell's photo to the row of cedar boxes on my bookshelf...
He may not have had a family in life, but I know my guys are up there looking after him now.....

I still can't think of that precious soul without tears.......and I never even met him..........:cry:

Mr Clarence Purrbright.....Welcome to Maia-Annabel's Purrs Forum (and she still doesn't understand why we sit around discussing purrs in such detail - she thinks Balenciaga and Coach are cat's names and is highly displeased that they have more than one thread each :smile:)

View attachment 1502151

I have a few more photos - if anyone could please tell me how to make them smaller without sitting at the laptop doing this :cursing::pout::cursing:, then I can share them - meanwhile, isn't he a sweetie!

I am trying to think of ways to 'reach' him and make sure he is happy. I mean, he must feel locked away as he can't see or hear. So I am going to get him a selection of toys with different textures. If anyone else has ideas, please share!

Clarence actually has such beautiful eyes, even if they cannot see--thank you for bringing him into your family! :hugs: It makes my heart smile to know that he has a forever home . . .

Quick Clarence update - He ate breakfast in the kitchen with the rest of the family this morning! There was a bit of growling if he sensed anyone too close to his bowl but that was it. I am trying to just let him take his time with everything - right now he is not a cuddle-bug, preferring to sleep alone on the floor and even ignoring the selction of comfy beds available. But he'll get there.....baby steps for the boy.....

Glad he's settling in well. Some blind cats feel safer at ground level, where they can't fall off anything! Not sure if you've got anything that lies flat, like an Ancol self-heating pad ([FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/products-Ancol-Sleepy-Paws-Self-Heating-Pet-Pad_HB0444.htm[/FONT][/FONT]), that he could lie on? They are like a layer of fake sheepskin and reflect the cat's heat back towards it, my little lady loves hers.

Glad he's settling in well. Some blind cats feel safer at ground level, where they can't fall off anything! Not sure if you've got anything that lies flat, like an Ancol self-heating pad ([FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/products-Ancol-Sleepy-Paws-Self-Heating-Pet-Pad_HB0444.htm[/FONT][/FONT]), that he could lie on? They are like a layer of fake sheepskin and reflect the cat's heat back towards it, my little lady loves hers.

Thank you Sez - I'll get one, as he is so clearly going to be a Ground Cat forever.
My laptop and iPhone both died today (really - what are the odds!) and I've probably lost all the photos I have taken, but will be back soon with more.
Writing this on some dire public computer, but I wanted to update the Clarence thread....:biggrin:
So - at the moment, Clarence's favourite place is in the kitchen, in a litter tray. *sigh* I have set out a clean, empty one for him to use as a day bed - he doesn't even like any of the blankies I have set out for him!
He is, I think, finding his feet (paws) now - even though he barely moves at all... Clarence is a very growly cat - because he is deaf and can't hear himself it's less a growl and more a roar....Poor little Colin walked past him last night, and his tail brushed against Clarrie's face. Clarence roared so loudly in outrage at the invasion of His Personal Space that Colin peed himself there and then (up against the fridge. Lovely.) So mama has today been spraying feliway everywhere and plugged a diffuser into every available socket in the hope this will help everyone calm down. I am sure the boy will be fine, but he is very very different to any of my other cats. Clarence is going to be the one who is going to take a long time to feel safe and happy.... Lucky for him, we have as long as it takes.

So today, we made two big discoveries. One, that Clarence, although still determined to be a Ground Cat, has an Explorer's blood in his veins. He appeared in the lounge this morning, and spent the next hour working out just where everything was (this is a big thing, as Clarence hasn't left the kitchen since Monday). Two, that Clarence's favourite food is cheese. I keep a bag of grated cheese in the fridge as a treat for the cats - Clarence has already worked out the opening of the fridge door (his bed is directly across from it and I guess he can feel it being opened)leads to the opening of the cheese bag. For a Special Needs guy, he is pretty fast getting to the front of the treats queue!

Haha special needs cats know how to get their treats! As I said before:

...whereas my current cats know the sound of the grated cheese bag, Clay used to know the sound of a pesto jar opening, and would arrive in the kitchen to wait for the bag of cheese to come out five minutes later!!! I am sure Clarence's remaining senses will help him with life.

I guess as you say he feels the fridge open! Clever lad. Good to hear he's getting his treats in :smile:

I'm not at all surprised. Glad to hear he is finding his way around. Such a smart boy. Do you think he would like to be Bellis' boyfriend?? She needs a smart, special kinda guy. :P

I'm not at all surprised. Glad to hear he is finding his way around. Such a smart boy. Do you think he would like to be Bellis' boyfriend?? She needs a smart, special kinda guy. :P

I think they would be perfect together....although I believe the BBB would have a few things to say about it :P. I wonder if Bellis would like to come and stay for a few days.....and then a few more...and then a few more....You know how muchI want to meet her.

Well...when I send Bellis to visit you can send the BBB to me. :P All problems solved!

I think they would be perfect together....although I believe the BBB would have a few things to say about it :P. I wonder if Bellis would like to come and stay for a few days.....and then a few more...and then a few more....You know how muchI want to meet her.