Saw the Manhattan GM in Target and had to have it!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi. I have the Manhattan PM that I bought years ago, and I barely use is because it scares me to ruin it. I happily use my Neverfull, Totally MM, and Batignolles H, but my Manhattan PM and my Palermo scare me!

Anyway, I saw the Manhattan GM on a lady at Target the other day and decided I had to have it. I did a bunch of research and purchased it from Yoogi's Closet for a good deal. I feel like because I bought it used and it wasn't uber expensive, that I can really just use it and enjoy it without worrying. Does that sound silly? I want to put it on the ground at my kid's events, throw that puppy into a shopping cart, etc. without babying it!

Has anybody done this?

2. I understand. I did that with Chanel. I bought a vintage camera bag as a 'bangaround, worry free bag' so I could save my new one. The Manhattan GM is a beautiful bag. Enjoy using it.

3. Yes. I bought a pre-loved Noe and I've been using it instead of my Delightful. I'm afraid I'll ruin it. The Noe is care free.

4. I purchased an older model alma to gift to my MIL because of this. There is no way she'd feel comfortable with a brand new one & having to break it in, so I got a nice one that is gently pre-loved.

5. I have bought Croissant for that reason, but now I am selling it because I have realized I don't like preloved bags.

6. Thanks for the replies!! I'm a little concerned that I may not be thrilled with a pre loved but no choice with the Manhattan GM. One of reasons I bought from Yoogi's is their return policy!!!

7. Don't be scared of pre-loved.
    It just depends on the bag.
    Some were in such great shape I can't tell the difference anymore between ones I bought new and the pre-loved ones.
    When it arrives you'll get a "feel" for it and you'll know.

8. :biggrin:...yes. I have bags I am more careful with and bags I use in any situation. I bought a mono bucket for a steal and take the poor thing everywhere. I'm not afraid to use it because of the price I paid and the patina it already came with. I also really love the idea of giving a bag someone else didn't want a REALLY ACTIVE second life. My bucket gets lots of exposure...and still looks amazing. Honestly, the quality might have just been better on that bag too....and it has feet, which is a big deal to me.

There is a huge range when it comes to pre-loved. So many have barely been used, and that can make them a great deal. Some pre-loved bags look terrible and the price often reflects that...but not always.

Also, LV is rotating models faster now, so buying pre-loved is the only alternative when you missed a bag/slg or something sold out quickly.

9. I literally came over to read as I thought you saw a Manhattan GM being sold in Target and you got it. Anyway, congrats on scoring one on Yoogi's. It's a classic beauty.

ccbaggirl89 and koolforkatz like this.
  11. I would say be careful! Just took my PM to get repaired to replace all leather parts they quoted me a price of 830$!

12. yes I would be more carefree