Saw the Bay Bag Today

I guess it depends how they sell....Will be interesting to see the Chloe ads for S/S in the next month or so, I always think that the bag featured in the ads sells well. Having said that, I bought an Edith in the sales for 50% off and they only came out in March 2006.

I shall be patient then...but boy is it hard... the leather is so soft. like satin soft.... beautiful.... i guess its good to yearn for something right? right! so i shall try to be zen about it. try try try unless i hit lotto and then ill get one in every color!

OMG, the NM in St. Louis actually had the Bay Bags? I called the Beverly Hills Sac's store and a Katherine(?) was holding the tote for me (BTW @ 100 less than NM). Anyway I make a trip to the Neiman's to check out this bag because in the Sak's Spring Catalogue it looks really faboo and guess what? I HATE IT. The tote is HUGE and cavernous when you open it up. I told my sister I could stick a laptop and five rolls of newspaper in the thing. Okay, so it would be a good work bag but not purse. Actually it reminded me of my BIL's satchel that he carries around but even bigger.:wtf:

I felt the same way--I was REALLY disappointed. The leather was really nice, but I just didn't get the style of the bag. It was just TOO "cavernous"--that's the PERFECT word! It's like a travel bag or a work bag--NOT a purse.

I'd like to see one up close. Does the bay come in a smaller size?

Yes it does (smaller size). The two I saw were very different in size but both had the washed (distressed) brownish/taupe color. The tote is the cavernous bag I was referring to. You see it in black quite a bit via the web pages. But it's the distressed leather that originally drew me in. I believe Saks.com has this same leather in a long strap shoulder bag (BTW that's the other bag that was physically viewed at NM) and this is a smaller purse.

I don't like long strap bags and that will probably be the "it" look in the coming months.

BTW how do you gals feel about short straps vs LONG??????

I fell in love with the large Navy Bay bag at Nordstrom today. It's the one that doesn't have any padded quilting and is only one main cavernous compartment in the middle and the zip pockets outside. It's also very light (compared to the paddington, anyway) and the colour is very flattering with jeans.

Ahh, I probably won't get my hands on one 'til the sale after Christmas '07.

Does anyone know where to see pics of all colors. I can only see the taupe and the Moka and a green but i saw that Lindsay lohan had a white one and i know it comes in blue and orange but i cant find the pics anywhere. Anyone know where I can find photos? thanks!

I saw the Bay today and My SA is holding the taupe Bay handbag until Thursday. I can't decide?!?!? I love the bag and adore the fact that the leather is soft and not as heavy as my paddington.

I would hate for it to go on sale. Although Nordstrom only had 16 in all stores....so it could easily sell out.

im loving it already. Going to pre order the white one as my summer bag. Ohh, and a little endorsement from la Minogue cant help can it ;)

kyliebay1.jpg

gorgeous :smile:

Does anyone know where to see pics of all colors. I can only see the taupe and the Moka and a green but i saw that Lindsay lohan had a white one and i know it comes in blue and orange but i cant find the pics anywhere. Anyone know where I can find photos? thanks!

Here is the piccie of Li Lo, LVR has some great piccies of the diff styles available, and I have added lots of piccies to all about bay in the library area too now :yes:

baylyndsay.jpg