Saw new metallics in Vegas store!

girlsgottoshop

The Shopping Queen
Jan 5, 2006
Hi gals,
I was in Bal LV tonight and I saw the new metallic black and metallic argent/silver. They are both beautiful colors. The leather is not what I expected though. It is very matte and it feels kind of strange......like suede or foam.....it's a very strange texture. If you want the feel of leather, it's definitely not for you. It is not distressed at all....very matte, very smooth. The colors are gorgeous, but they almost look fake.....I don't know....maybe I would get used to the look of it. I almost bought one, but something was holding me back. I had the LE Pewter from NY and it rubbed off on the corners and this leather makes me nervous.

Thanks for the updates! I am always hesitated a little bit about metallic leather just for the rubbing off problems. I wonder how this one compares with 2005 metallic leather?

Didn't someone say that they switched to cow leather for these bags? (I thought I read that in the other thread on this) - so it makes sense if you're saying the leather felt totally different.

some pics i got from bill at balny. pyrite bronze (the darker) and stardust beige. they look good to me, especially the bronze.

Attachments

• PyriteBronzePouch.jpg
    PyriteBronzePouch.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 185
  • Stardustbeigepouch.jpg
    Stardustbeigepouch.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 155
i've seen a metallic bronze and argent city and first at the printemps haussmann paris, the leather was soft, like suede, more a fabric like texture, felt a bit like velvet when i touched it. i found it different from the agneau leather. the SA told me the leather is VEAU. (calf /veal) the bronze metallic was really nice, soft, slouchy, the bronze was very dark, with some black in it, not really bling. argent was just like the pouch's pic.
i liked bronze better than argent. and both are in RH at the printemps. same price as the agneau first and city bags.

That's a good description......very suede like, very fabric like. It does not feel like any calfskin I've ever felt on a bag! LOL It really has a strange feel to it and it is beautiful to look at, but I have concerns on how well it will hold up. It almost looks porous and sponge like. I only saw metallic black and argent.....that's all they had out in the city. They were all stuffed and I didn't try my stuff in. I'm still debating........I have one on hold. Love the coloring, but I'm worried it will do what my metallic pewter did.

the leather looks fragile, i agree with you, im also afraid that it won't last as long as chèvre or agneau. i did like the bronze metallic, but am not going to buy one.
it feels a bit like a sponge, that's true.

That's a good description......very suede like, very fabric like. It does not feel like any calfskin I've ever felt on a bag! LOL It really has a strange feel to it and it is beautiful to look at, but I have concerns on how well it will hold up. It almost looks porous and sponge like. I only saw metallic black and argent.....that's all they had out in the city. They were all stuffed and I didn't try my stuff in. I'm still debating........I have one on hold. Love the coloring, but I'm worried it will do what my metallic pewter did.

^^Did the recent ltd. pewter city bags (that BNY had) flake or damage? I know a few ladies on here purchased them, so I'm interested to hear how they held up.

Oooooooh ... I wonder if the leather is like the old "Monk" leather (the quasi-pebbled sueded leather used in 2002)? I kind of liked that leather!

I just love the Argent one!!

Here's a picture of the '02 Monk Leather First that used to be in my collection:
2002BlkSuedeFirst1.jpg

Last edited: