Saw a fake all brown Carly today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
simply put .. if you can't afford a mercedes.. can you buy a hyundai and stick mercedes logos all over it? Don't you think you'd look like a bit of an ass doing so?

The people who carry fakes look like idiots imho - they're not fooling many people.

There are plenty of handbag designers out there that make bags that do not claim to be Coach yet have the same sort of style. If you can't afford a coach, buy something else. Don't support something illegal by buying a counterfeit. Would you steal from the store if you didn't have enough money to buy something? I would hope not.

It's certainly NOT elitist to not support fake handbags. I don't consider someone an elitist if they buy something that I cannot afford. I'll just work harder to save $ to get it, or find something else that makes me happy.

That doesnt affect me though it affects the market of the manufacturer of the bag, as they sell afew hundred less bags, but a few hundred people get a trendy hard to find bag for hopefully cheaper than retail.

Whoa you are in the Wrongforum, we 200% dislike fakes,as a community we do not promote fakes. I feel bad for your "GF"

The sale of counterfeit bags funds terrorism. Terrorism affects all of us. Do a Google search on counterfeit bags and terrorism and you'll find plenty of documentation.

I actually did a Google search , and in spirit of when some one says "Google it", I read the first page of results (of course the most visited pages from Google for counterfeit bags and terrorism)

1. Counterfeit Bags May Have Links To Organized Crime, Terrorism - News Story - WISN Milwaukee
2. Fake Gucci bags "fund terrorism" | Bigmouth Strikes Again - Freelance journalist Gary Marshall on technology, the Internet, music, Macs and more
3. Top Designers Worst Nightmare: The Counterfeit Market - The Purse Blog
4. ECT.

One of my sources being this very website even.
I read each of these articles through and found none of them actually stated that terrorism buys into fake handbags. Nor did I find any information, as they are all blogs. Being a writer, and because your articles are found in a Google database doesn't mean any or all of their statements are factual.

One of these pages is smart enough to use the word "may" probably knowing full-well stating a vague idea as fact doesn't make for good literature.

I'll try to think about it in a way that strikes closer to home for me, but still , owning a fake minicooper (those were circulating for a while) doesn't bother me , as long as I knew I was purchasing a fake. I would of course be upset if I purchased a fake from a dealership. But those people didn't they bought it 2nd hand for dirt-cheap, from a stranger.

When you pay $50 for a bag , you get just what you paid for. A $50 mimic. I can agree on this.

I don't like the idea of looking down on the people who purchase them.

If you see some one with a bag that you believe is fake and the only thought that comes to mind is contempt, I wish you'd know what kind of person that makes you.

As someone who has someone very near and dear to me in Iraq, I'm really fighting my violent tendencies against you right now. It supports terrorism, the drug trade, and child labor. I'd suggest bonding somewhere else because this is not going to work for you.

As someone who has someone very near and dear to me in Iraq, I'm really fighting my violent tendencies against you right now. It supports terrorism, the drug trade, and child labor. I'd suggest bonding somewhere else because this is not going to work for you.

How do you know it supports terrorism?

Have you seen or read any real proof, or atleast enough information to support the idea?

Have you read anything other than an idea someone stated?

I don't mean to upset anyone, I'm only asking questions.

I havn't broken any rules.

I'll be letting my girlfriend know why I don't like purses and why I don't like her friends, especially after "Just giving them a chance"

Thank you Finzup , for answering my question. :biggrin:

Heaven forbid someone questions what you say when you make an unfounded and outlandish claim. What a troll! Lets play the analogy game. I have a time machine in my closet. I posted on my blog about it. Should you immediately assume its true because I posted about my wonderful time machine on my blog? According to your logic, because something is posted on a blog, its instantly credible and should be trusted. So, for 5000 dollars, you can all use my time machine. Upfront. Time traveling not guaranteed. Safety not guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.