Saving Up

ShopRodeo

Dec 29, 2005
I know this is kind of a stupid thread but...do you like the feeling of saving your money for something special, building up all this anticipation, and then when you have enough you go to the store and GET IT! That must be a great feeling?

No, but then again I've never really had to save my own money for anything I really wanted. However, I notice that if I have to wait for something I usually dont want it anymore by the time it comes, or find something else that replaces it. There are only certain things I can wait a long time for, like saddle bags...or perhaps someday the birkin :nuts:

Noriko said:
No, but then again I've never really had to save my own money for anything I really wanted. However, I notice that if I have to wait for something I usually dont want it anymore by the time it comes, or find something else that replaces it. There are only certain things I can wait a long time for, like saddle bags...or perhaps someday the birkin :nuts:

I don't think I would have to do that but if I did i think i would feel that way. What about LV? I mean, yes you don't need to save up for it but the bags never go out of style if that's what you're saying.

I'm not really saying anything about the bag going out of style, I just tend to stop wanting something if I have to wait too long for it. I'm the kind of person who needs it NOW or is like well I don't need it at all I'll go find something better :lol: Not always the best way to go about things, but its a personality trait I guess.

Noriko said:
I'm not really saying anything about the bag going out of style, I just tend to stop wanting something if I have to wait too long for it. I'm the kind of person who needs it NOW or is like well I don't need it at all I'll go find something better :lol: Not always the best way to go about things, but its a personality trait I guess.

I see. That explains the whole not liking the sales thingy.

Yeah, waiting for something to go on sale is agony! To me its not worth saving a few hundred dollars...the waiting for one and then the fact that 394839489343 other *****es will probably be wearing it because it was on sale. Not saying I haven't bought sale items, I just tend not to wait for sales :biggrin: If I do see a sale item that I like I'll get it, after all, saving money isn't a crime or anything :lol:

Noriko said:
Yeah, waiting for something to go on sale is agony! To me its not worth saving a few hundred dollars...the waiting for one and then the fact that 394839489343 other *****es will probably be wearing it because it was on sale. Not saying I haven't bought sale items, I just tend not to wait for sales :biggrin: If I do see a sale item that I like I'll get it, after all, saving money isn't a crime or anything :lol:

I understand what you're saying. Everyone else would have one also. But yes sales aren't bad.

Yes they really aren't. I'm actually looking forward to the NM last call pre-sale on Friday :biggrin: I'm sure there will be some great bargains there, like there are every year!

Noriko said:
Yes they really aren't. I'm actually looking forward to the NM last call pre-sale on Friday :biggrin: I'm sure there will be some great bargains there, like there are every year!

Tell me what you find k? It really bothers me that I miss out on the NM sales and I can only view the limited selection online.

I sure will :biggrin: They had a bit of everything when I went the other day, Luella, Tod's, Dolce, Kate Spade, Juicy, Fendi, Etro, etc. I'm pretty sure last call will be the same but with more % off and possibly more items. I wanted this Tod's bag but my SA said that this week it would be going to Last Call presale so I should wait because it would be additional $ off. I usually wouldnt wait, but if its just a week, I can do it :lol:

Noriko said:
I sure will :biggrin: They had a bit of everything when I went the other day, Luella, Tod's, Dolce, Kate Spade, Juicy, Fendi, Etro, etc. I'm pretty sure last call will be the same but with more % off and possibly more items. I wanted this Tod's bag but my SA said that this week it would be going to Last Call presale so I should wait because it would be additional $ off. I usually wouldnt wait, but if its just a week, I can do it :lol:

Yeah. Thanks. I wish I coulda gone to NM when I was in Vegas but there wasn't enough time. But I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

OMG!!! That is exactly how I feel I hate waiting for something and soon lose interest in it if I have to wait too long. No one puts a present for me under the tree as I've been know to open the present and rewrap it. As for saving up I'm not good at that either.:weird:
Noriko said:

Ginger said:
OMG!!! That is exactly how I feel I hate waiting for something and soon lose interest in it if I have to wait too long. No one puts a present for me under the tree as I've been know to open the present and rewrap it. As for saving up I'm not good at that either.:weird:

:lol: I'm a super-sleuth when it comes to gifts, so my family has stopped surprising me and just asks me what I want. They know I'll find it if it's hidden, so it's useless :P

Oh yes that is the downside of snooping. I don't get surprises anymore either. :amuse:
Cristina said:
:lol: I'm a super-sleuth when it comes to gifts, so my family has stopped surprising me and just asks me what I want. They know I'll find it if it's hidden, so it's useless :P