Saving up for first beige classic. Help!

Cherine Chems

Oct 8, 2011
Hi everyone!
I always told myself to get a classic flap bag in a beige hue as a university graduation gift to myself but with this crazy prices I am feeling stressed and it is now or never! My friend will be off to the US in fall passing Heathrow and she can buy one on my behalf since there is no Chanel boutique in my country

This will probably be my only Chanel and I get weak knees seeing beige Chanels and I want a classic flap bag
I want it to be as versatile as possible:
Should I get JUMBO or M/L !??? <-- main "issue"

I am also torn between beige and beige clair ( and which hardware that looks nicest for each color)
Please share your opinions I appriciate any help I can get. I have no specific purpose but want the size that can be used for most occations..

i vote for M/L!

easier to maintain as it is a light colour....but do note that colour transfer may occur so you do have to baby your bags/clean it regularly...

also i think the beige clair with gold hardware is just stunning and classic imo...it makes me :drool::drool::drool: everytime!

in regards to 'can be used for most occasion' it really depends if you are going to be using it more for the day or night time

day time - jumbo
night time - M/L

however if you were to choose a jumbo i would rather choose a black caviar in jumbo...easier to maintain...just how i feel anyway :smile:

good luck & let us know what you decide on :yes::yes:

Hi everyone!
I always told myself to get a classic flap bag in a beige hue as a university graduation gift to myself but with this crazy prices I am feeling stressed and it is now or never! My friend will be off to the US in fall passing Heathrow and she can buy one on my behalf since there is no Chanel boutique in my country

This will probably be my only Chanel and I get week knees seeing beige Chanels and i want a classic flap bag
I want it to be as versatile as possible:
Should I get JUMBO or M/L !??? <-- main "issue"

I am also torn between beige and beige clair
Please share your opinions I appriciate any help I can get. I have no specific purpose but want the size that can be used for most occations..

Regarding the hardware I am leaning towards shw though, because I find beige already being " a gold" so the combination of silver and beige will look great with any kind of jewelry + shw looks fresh and young and will blend in better for days with less ladylike outfits although gold normally would be my first choice.. Whatchya think? :smile:)

I purchased the m/l beige Clair shw last yr with the same idea as you...beige plus silver is more young. But now I see the jumbo with ghw and it makes me want to get it as well! I think ultimately in the long run...ghw looks the best! Hence most vintage items I see Usually have ghw

i think you'll get more use out of the jumbo.. :smile:

as for hardware, i have a beige clair w ghw jumbo that i love so my vote goes to ghw! im usually a shw person but most of my bags are ghw lately!

Thats the thing I want it to go with any occasion.. Thats what bugs me because I know the jumbo is little too big for formals but the m/l a tad too small for day maybe! I know the color transfer issue is superscary I would be all anal about it but I really prefere beige over black and since we have to pay a fortune these days I want the HG-feeling over my purchase.

You are right about jumbo being Hard to keep clean in beige.. I Will definitly go for caviar. Im also drawn to ghw normally but im thinking the beige is already " gold hue" so if combined with shw then all jewels can match + shw adds a bit of rock n roll to the classy lasybeige hue.. I think. Both hardwares please me so its not a big issue like the size..

Do you prefere clair over regular beige ? Thank you for taking the time:smile:)

i vote for M/L!

easier to maintain as it is a light colour....but do note that colour transfer may occur so you do have to baby your bags/clean it regularly...

also i think the beige clair with gold hardware is just stunning and classic imo...it makes me :drool::drool::drool: everytime!

in regards to 'can be used for most occasion' it really depends if you are going to be using it more for the day or night time

day time - jumbo
night time - M/L

however if you were to choose a jumbo i would rather choose a black caviar in jumbo...easier to maintain...just how i feel anyway :smile:

good luck & let us know what you decide on :yes::yes:

Beige Clair with GHW is the ABSOLUTE MUST in my opinion. It is the perfect combination.

As to size, if you normally carry a lot, you will most likely want to get the jumbo but if you don't, M/L is perfect elegance. Jumbo is more casual.

One thing I have to mention is, the jumbo double flap is very heavy on the shoulder so after you carry the bag for a while, your shoulder hurts. That is the main concern with jumbos.

If you friend is able to find this bag in Heathrow get it there as it is cheaper. Otherwise, you might have to find it in US. Prices in US are going up soon (M/L $3900 to $4400 before tax, jumbo $4300 to $4900 before tax) so I suggest if you could order from any store, order it from here to your country otherwise you are taking risk of paying a higher price.

Are you getting it in caviar or lambskin?

I know .. This is why I want it from Heathrow .. :P Weight on bags are no issue, My LV hampstead is like three Chanels and I cope the weight haha ! Yeah I guess m/l is a timeless size

Beige Clair with GHW is the ABSOLUTE MUST in my opinion. It is the perfect combination.

As to size, if you normally carry a lot, you will most likely want to get the jumbo but if you don't, M/L is perfect elegance. Jumbo is more casual.

One thing I have to mention is, the jumbo double flap is very heavy on the shoulder so after you carry the bag for a while, your shoulder hurts. That is the main concern with jumbos.

If you friend is able to find this bag in Heathrow get it there as it is cheaper. Otherwise, you might have to find it in US. Prices in US are going up soon (M/L $3900 to $4400 before tax, jumbo $4300 to $4900 before tax) so I suggest if you could order from any store, order it from here to your country otherwise you are taking risk of paying a higher price.

Are you getting it in caviar or lambskin?

I get what you all mean by ghw being better in the long run being the ultimate chanel image and looks more luxurious than shw... Just thought shw with beige suits all kinds of armbling lol!

It is so Hard to choose the size!
And yes CAVIAR it Will be! Lambskin is no option for this hue, it is bag suicide ( scuffs and scratches) on such bright color!

Thats the thing I want it to go with any occasion.. Thats what bugs me because I know the jumbo is little too big for formals but the m/l a tad too small for day maybe! I know the color transfer issue is superscary I would be all anal about it but I really prefere beige over black and since we have to pay a fortune these days I want the HG-feeling over my purchase.

You are right about jumbo being Hard to keep clean in beige.. I Will definitly go for caviar. Im also drawn to ghw normally but im thinking the beige is already " gold hue" so if combined with shw then all jewels can match + shw adds a bit of rock n roll to the classy lasybeige hue.. I think. Both hardwares please me so its not a big issue like the size..

Do you prefere clair over regular beige ? Thank you for taking the time:smile:)

well i have a M/L flap and when i was buying mine i tried the jumbo and found it wayyyy too big...but then again i am also a person who prefers smaller bags over big and the M/L fits what i need.....it also depends what you bring with you and your needs...

have to gone to a boutique/are you able to try them on to compare and see what you like? it makes the decision much easier...

i usually like SHW but however i think with the beige the GHW is absolutely stunning.....so pretty

and i prefer beige clair...

good luck! :graucho:

Unfortunatly there is no Chanel boutique here in Sweden .
:sad:(
I think I prefer clair too! Do u have a beige? What hw u have?
Thank you :smile:
I own a M/L and jumbo. Use the jumbo much more. The beige clair, I found too light in color, I went with the darker beige. Found it more versatile for all seasons.

Good luck with your decision!

Hi! we're almost on the same boat. Ive been holding my Chanel purchase for years & was shocked when SA said it now costs US$3900 for a classic double flap. I just ordered mine in beige S/M. Tried the jumbo but felt bulky on my shoulder (I'm petite).

I originally wanted the purple/plum but it was not available in the store and the beige on display caught my eye. The color looked a bit of white/beige in pewter HW. Definitely not the beige Claire w/c is always available. The HW is something that will work from day to night...and wont clash w/ your accessories. I had jeans and black coat when I tried, really loved my reflection. I knew right away this bag would be versatile. My only concern is, it's only available in Lamb :sad:

if its still available there the code color I think is 91112, issued 11A.

I have a beige claire jumbo with SHW. It was my first Chanel as well, and one of my most used & loved bags.

Some things I thought about in making my choice:
* The weather where I love is "summer" most of the time. I liked the lighter beige b/c it felt clean. I also liked how it compliments dressier black outfits in the winter.
* I opted for a Jumbo because I have broad shoulders and am average in height (5'6"). The jumbo can go fun-cocktail and casual... where as the M/L really works more formal with my frame. I'm not formally dressed but 2-4 times a year.
* Lastly, I went with SHW. For me, I think the silver adds a cooler, cleaner look to the BC. I'm (by far) in the minority here - but for me, I felt like the gold stuck more elegant, while the SHW went elegant if need be (what Chanel doesn't!) and played casual with more ease. I also just liked the look of the SHW on the BC - and you will probably have fun determining what you think as part of your bag-hunting process.

Congrats and GL!

Here's a link showing both hardware options if that helps!
http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel-c...r-brown-tan-beige-camel-chanel-199913-11.html

Last edited: