Saving On Tax When Buying Out Of State? What Is This?

yah...wondering about this. I see a couple PFers saving on tax when they buy out of state. I live in NY. Both times I ordered from Nieman Marcus (Atlanta, GA and also Texas) I was charged tax.

What store in what CITY/STATE is it possible to save on the tax?

THANKS ALL

You can save the tax if you have them send it as a gift to another address not to yourself. Just did this yesterday. The store you order from also cannot be in the same state you are shipping to. I ordered from NJ, Live in NY and sent to my mother also in NY. Saved almost $300!

For Chanel stores, if you have it shipped to a state that does not have a Chanel store, they will not charge you tax.

For me I have friends in Arizona, Minnesota and North Dakota-defiantely no boutiques there, so I ship to my friends who just reship back to me. Saves me a lot in tax.

Hello ladies :flowers:

I did a search but had no luck finding what Im looking for...I want to order some Chanel stud earrings...anyone know which store or boutique I can order them for free shipping and/or tax?

If you know someone in a different state that doesn't have a Chanel you can ship to them, and save the tax. I do this with bags.

However, the smaller amoutn of tax on the earring prices may not warrant the double shipping costs you'll have to pay.

It will be hard for you to find a store that will ship to you free for the price of earrngs. I've ordered almost 6K in bags, and still havent' gotten my shipping waived. :sad:

Is the tax on EVERYTHING (not just clothing) going to be 4%???? And not just for things under $110.?
Where did you read/hear this? How'd I miss this? Awesome!!!:yahoo: