Saving for your first Hermes Kelly/Birkin/bag

1. I search out and purchase the cheapest gas in the area (without driving far for it) because gas is gas!
2. And I purchase bulk items at Costco & BJs and only purchase some foods at Whole Foods.
3. Also I purchase gifts when I see them after the holidays and all year so that I am not forced to shop in the holiday rush and pay a premium.
4. Moreover, I have learned to use Ebay for purchases effectively such as my kids' brand new crocs and save a couple of dollars.

I still want to learn to sell some things that way so I should get off my butt and do it!

Essentially, I try to make my purchases count!

how can you do your own dry cleaning? that's huge for me. i spend a fortune on dry cleaning.

eating at home is huge, i know. i am so bad about it. i don't cook anything. i don't have a single thing to eat in my house. for reals.

I've stopped succumbing to every J.Crew final sale or bluefly sale
I shop at Costco and try to only buy what I went there to get (not easy)
I buy some clothes at Target
I've stopped collecting shoes (i.e. Manolos) and only buy shoes that I am really going to wear
I get my hair cut twice a year
Kids' halloween costume(s) from eBay

with all the couture i buy you'd think i spent a fortune on drycleaning too, but i don't.
i take off my nice stuff when i get home and let it air out, give it a little febreeze if necessary and rotate my stuff so i don't wear it out by using same stuff all the time. i only go to dry cleaners once every great while,
and no, elfinn i'm not smelly (I think!) i am very clean! :P

Reactions: tulipfield
with all the couture i buy you'd think i spent a fortune on drycleaning too, but i don't.
i take off my nice stuff when i get home and let it air out, give it a little febreeze if necessary and rotate my stuff so i don't wear it out by using same stuff all the time. i only go to dry cleaners once every great while,
and no, elfinn i'm not smelly (I think!) i am very clean! :P

A HA!!!! So that was the roasted chicken smell..... and here I thought it was your bag!!!! :P

HC very good thread. To step into Hermes need a lot of preparation,not only to learn about Hermes in order to know what kind of bag is the bag I really want, but also need to save up for them.

1. clip coupons for grocery, searching for deals online that can save more than going to store.
2. Always bring lunch to work. THIS CAN SAVE A LOT THAN EATING OUT.
3. Always bring coffee from home instead of starbucks all the time.
4.But clothes for family during sales time with at least 50% off.
5.sale the bags I love but don't use them often on ebay. It is soo hard that I have to part with some of my Chanel and Balenciaga bags,but I love my Kelly more.

:smile:

There are tons of ways to cut corners...

I used to go to starbucks at least twice a day. I figured that added up to nearly 1/3 a Birkin!!!!!! I make my own drink at home.

Um... I haven't cut any other corners really... just kept budgeting and saving! I am finally there!! :yahoo:

There are tons of ways to cut corners...

I used to go to starbucks at least twice a day. I figured that added up to nearly 1/3 a Birkin!!!!!! I make my own drink at home.

Um... I haven't cut any other corners really... just kept budgeting and saving! I am finally there!! :yahoo:

yay!!!!!!!!!! congrats!!!! see, isn't it worth it? it feels great. :heart: hc

... i hv learnt to invest my savings ...
. those gains from equity investments allow me to aim for the next H item.
... just sharing one small experience, a USD 5 k stock investment in 1993 became USD 33k in the year 2003 ...
does that sound like one of those H bag too?!!