Saved from buying a fake.

Jun 5, 2007
I have been saved from buying a fake Balenciaga first. Thanks to TPF and the ladies on the reference library. I saw it yesterday in a second hand, vintage, designer dress agency. I nearly bought it on the spot like i did with a Chloe paddy that turned out to be fake. But something stopped me (common sense stepping in!!) and i thought no, i will go home and check TPF first and check up on how to spot a fake and suchlike. Anyhoo i went back down there today armed with my new knowledge picked it up looked at the silver tag on the leather label put it back and walked out, yep its a fake, the stitching at the top of the label was the same colour as the rest of the stitching and not black. I don't know if theres a possibility it might be real based on that but i didn't bother to look at the rest of the things i knew to look out for, that small detail straight away put me off. Also the bag didn't feel like quality nor did the leather look as gorgeous as it does on your authentic bags. So thank you ladies of TPF :tpfrox:

I am happy that you went home and educated yourself, that´s what this forum is all about. Education and help!! It is such a great place, and lovely ladies helping you!!

Kat