Save a girls job, help!

Where are you thinking about obtaining this bag? Unless you go to a reputable reseller your chances of finding it at Hermes are slim and nil.

I truly don't know. My boss has told me not to worry about that part so it's a bit of a mystery to me at this point. One of the ladies here has been so kind as to send me some sources so I will have something to give him in case he doesn't have some other connection. I told him that these bags have a long waiting list but I don't know if he really knows how difficult it is to find them.

He bought a car 6-months before it was available in the US so I can only guess that he has someone somewhere.

Thank you all again.

Jen

^Maybe she has no clue about Hermes (at the moment), but she'll learn LOL!

BTW, I agree, NOOOOOO on croc for lots of reasons previously stated. It would be ridiculous for many reasons.

No matter how wealthy he his, I say NO WAY to croc too, for all the reasons everyone stated previously.

I think she'd flip for a Gold or Blue Jean in a casual leather like Togo or Swift - not as low-key as Brown or Black, but still versatile enough for her to carry to her job everyday.

I vote for gold.
It's California so gold is a good year around color.
Gold is casual but still usable at night.
It can be used in a school setting without too much attention.
And if, heaven forbid, she does not like it, she can use it as a tote for her papers to grade, books etc.
P.S. Like the idea of a jpg kelly or a bunch of pouchettes, key chains & cadenas to "change" the look put inside the bag. ** Surprise**

I vote for gold too! And nothing exotic or delicate either. I was a librarian at an elementary school and would only take my Burberry to work because little kids...sticky fingers... :throwup: ...you never know! :roflmfao:
Hope you get something fun too!!! :yahoo:

Hmmmm...he sounds like he is much more genereous than Mr. Lau???? :whistle:

Can't wait to see what he gets. Hope his girlfriends joins us here. As an ex-teacher, I assure you she will love the birkin. I agree, no exotics. Blue Jean or gold with PH would be GREAT!!!:love:

Oooooh, JLane - good point about girlfriend not finding out you're doing the legwork although it might not surprise her that Mr. Big has some help... also, you might want to check the Hermes Shopping subforum for reputable resellers in case the boutiques don't have anything for him.

Hello again Ladies,

First let me start by apologizing in advance for the long post. I want to tell you everything and I’m so excited I don’t know how else to tell you EVERYTHING.
OK, I went to dinner with my boss Friday night (don’t worry, all business:sad: ). We arrived early because he had been out of town and wanted to catch up prior to his guests showing up. We spent 30 minutes going over work stuff (boring) before the subject of handbags came up. He asked me how the “research project” was going to which I responded “Let me show you”. I pulled out what must have looked like a dissertation and we started to go through it. I told him about everything; leather types, colors, hardware, waiting lists, sources, prices and my recommendations…..everything. He just sat there with a strange look on his face. I actually started to get nervous that I had gone too far. He sat back in his chair and said “I don’t get it”. I started to panic and nervously said “what do you mean?” There was an awkward silence and then he said “I have been thinking about something for a while and you just helped me decide what I was going to do out it”. Now I start to get a little excited and I’m waiting for some kind words. He says “This position isn’t working out for you. I don’t think it is right for you.” At this point I actually thought I was going to throw up. :throwup: I could feel the blood rushing out of my brain and draining onto the floor. I have worked so hard for him and so hard to get here and I’m about to be fired or moved down to something or someone horrible. I think I might have turned white. He then leans forward and taps his finger on my ‘presentation’ and says “This is really excellent and not just that but you do really excellent work!” I couldn’t even smile I was still in you’re fired mood. Then he switches subjects and says “I think a Gold Togo Birkin with Palladium hardware and croc wallet or accessory would be a nice combo, don’t you?). I reply yes while waiting for the other shoe to drop. Then he says “On Monday I want you to call Jim (his attorney) and he will work out the details on your Christmas present. I know you have wanted to further your education so I want to help you out. I will set aside enough for St. Mary’s or Santa Clara’s MBA program (both very expensive private colleges here) I just want you and Jim to figure out a way that you don’t get hit with taxes. I hope you don’t mind hanging in with me for a little while longer but I think it’s time to start positioning you for bigger things.” I thought I was going to faint. I actually think I missed the next few sentences after that point because I do remember him talking. In fact I sat through that whole dinner and couldn’t tell you 10% of what was talked about. I think I just sat there staring at him with glassed over eyes. :love: I actually starting crying on the way home I was so happy.
I can’t tell you how happy this makes me and you ladies really played a part in it all. Your kind assistance and information very well might have been the tipping point to his decision. Thank you!
Oh, almost forgot. A bit of the mystery has been solved. He served on the board of a charity with an executive at H. That person had offered to take care of him if he ever needed a hard to find product. Although he was very interested in the sources you ladies provided and is going to decide if it is worth a favor from his contact or not.
This has been a really wonderful experience.
Jen