Save a girls job, help!

No Croc for a 30-ish school teacher, please. Where will she take it? To school? This is not an everyday bag (not in the Bay Area at least) and I'm guessing she'd most likely want an Hermes bag to use everyday......go for the Gold, Potiron, Cognac or Blue Jean in a leather like Togo or Chevre. She'll LOVE it!!!!! (BTW.....I've got a Havanne Porosus Croc Kelly and I use mine sparingly...out in the evenings and that twice monthly trip into San Fran)

(and he can surprise her on her 40th with a Croc....plenty of time for that)

I agree w/ Shopmom. I'm a teacher and I would not recommend taking anything of high value into the classroom - it's way too risky. Even if she can secure it under lock/key, on school property, others will have master keys to cabinets and lockers. Not a chance I'd be willing to take.

Since she may not be able to resist carrying it to school, I would recommend Togo or something else durable and a bit more subtle!

I agree with shopmom and Ms Twilly. No exotics or delicate leathers.

Something durable like Togo or Clemence or even Swift, vache liegee, couchevel, chevre or epsom (though I don't like the last one myself) - in either gold, cognac or blue jean. Those would be more appropriate.

Third grade teacher? (she's young) Los Gatos? (he's rolling in dough) ......BIRKIN. Gold Togo with Palladium hardware.

Timeless, casual, a workhorse and chic!!!!

Agreed!!! My ideal pick too--35cm Gold Togo with Palladium hardware if he likes the brown tones. And you can tell him that it's classic Hermes. If he wants a little more color that's still muted, find something in Rouge Hermes (Rouge H-their signature red--more of a burgundy) in Togo if they have it. Good luck and let us know what happens! You definitely came to the right place. Ostrich btw, is one of the most durable leathers, but might be a bit flashy for a 3rd grade teacher assuming she's more conservative.

I'm thinking gold, havanne, or potiron in togo or clemence. I think they would look great on a 3rd grade teacher!

I have to agree with Addicted on this one. I would also love to see gold ostrich or even blue jean ostrich. Just gorgeous! But again, it will all come down to availability. Good luck Jen!!!

This is like the age old question "mink or sable"? The only correct answer is GET BOTH!!!

I say a larger birkin in a classic color for day and inside this he puts a smaller croc birkin in a fun color. Talk about a surprise!

And don't forget the other goodies, too. The lady needs a proper wallet, date book, and address book, preferably in croc of a complimentary color.

And while I am on my soap box, just in case he ever asks, diamonds should be LARGE, FLAWLESS, and CANARY. Pearls, 15mm or larger and BLACK!

I think BLACK 35cm Birkin. If she isn't familiar with Hermes, Gold may be off putting. It is a much safer bet with a BLACK BIRKIN. Get a great big agenda as well...surely she'll need it for school.

I agree, no CROC! I know what colors he likes...what the heck colors does she like/wear/prefer???

If not black or brown, I agree...gold or potiron...or rouge h or bj. Does she prefer warm or cool colors? What color are her current bags?

I would also vote for a black togo, maybe with gold hardware to spruce it up...understated enough for everyday school use and I would think there would be lots of pens all over the place so black is safer than Gold or Blue Jean color...

WOW, I sure did come to the right place. You ladies are the best! I'm going to look so good because of your help.

I owe you ladies a little water cooler talk.

OK, where to start. First her; very nice, very pretty and I guarantee she hasn't a clue about Birkin. Every time I see her she looks great and if I compliment her on her clothes she usually gives a big smile and says "Target". I have looked for even the slightest hint of venom, and nothing. When he bought her the Mercedes she told me "I never want another car, I want to drive this one until I'm old". (can you sense the jealousy voices creeping into my head)

Now him; Very kind, self-made and brilliant guy. He loves the search for quality and spends what it takes to get it. Sold his first company at 24, took enough money out of the sale to buy his mother a Pacific Heights house in SF. Now worth 8 figures! (him, not the house) Tall, dark hair and bright blue eyes. :love:

They met mountain biking when her she took a fall and he came to her aid. (note to self: take up mountain biking)

Doesn't it just make you sick? His secret nickname at work is literally Mr. Big. I won't tell you hers.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful suggestions. He is back in town on Friday and I'm going to look like a million bucks. I will come back and tell you what happens. I will try to tell her about this place but I will have to figure out a way without her thinking I picked out the bag.

You never saw me here :ninja:

WOW, I sure did come to the right place. You ladies are the best! I'm going to look so good because of your help.

I owe you ladies a little water cooler talk.

OK, where to start. First her; very nice, very pretty and I guarantee she hasn't a clue about Birkin. Every time I see her she looks great and if I compliment her on her clothes she usually gives a big smile and says "Target". I have looked for even the slightest hint of venom, and nothing. When he bought her the Mercedes she told me "I never want another car, I want to drive this one until I'm old". (can you sense the jealousy voices creeping into my head)

Now him; Very kind, self-made and brilliant guy. He loves the search for quality and spends what it takes to get it. Sold his first company at 24, took enough money out of the sale to buy his mother a Pacific Heights house in SF. Now worth 8 figures! (him, not the house) Tall, dark hair and bright blue eyes. :love:

They met mountain biking when her she took a fall and he came to her aid. (note to self: take up mountain biking)

Doesn't it just make you sick? His secret nickname at work is literally Mr. Big. I won't tell you hers.

Thank you all so much for the wonderful suggestions. He is back in town on Friday and I'm going to look like a million bucks. I will come back and tell you what happens. I will try to tell her about this place but I will have to figure out a way without her thinking I picked out the bag.

You never saw me here :ninja:

Where are you thinking about obtaining this bag? Unless you go to a reputable reseller your chances of finding it at Hermes are slim and nil.