Satchel ideas?

LoVeinLA

O.G.
May 14, 2012
Hey ladies and gents,
I love the easy satchels to carry around like a speedy or longchamp with the short handle. I am drawn to really lightweight materials but opened to leather material. I've been an exclusive LV bag lover but looking to branch out to other contemporary and premier designers.

Any suggestions for a lightweight satchel tote like the speedy 30 that would be a fantastic wonderful everyday bag?

Have you tried MZ Wallace? The Bea, Tess, and Ella are lightweight and durable satchel styles. The Bea does not have a detachable strap, but the other two do (I think.) Good luck!

Balenciaga has a few bags that might fit the bill. Several styles like the City, Twiggy, Part Time have top handles plus a long strap. The leather is really soft and they are incredibly lightweight.

Very interesting question. I love the shape of my speedy. Bought a Balenciaga city and it's not quite the same. I am a slouchy satchel lover. Maybe I need to give my bbag more time to grow on me.

Would also love to see what everyone else has to say

Really interesting... I'm off to check out MX Wallace, mulberry.., thank you. I also was thinking of Rebecca Minkoff MAB bags but I think the reviews said they get heavy?

Really interesting... I'm off to check out MX Wallace, mulberry.., thank you. I also was thinking of Rebecca Minkoff MAB bags but I think the reviews said they get heavy?

Yes they are heavy haha, I have two and though I love them as well, they are a lot heavier than my Speedies, and louder too.

If you love Loncgchamp there is also the Quadri which is lovely. Lightweight, roomy, comes in different colours and even in tri colour. Must be on sale at the moment.
I have seen the new collection and the prices are higher.....

Thanks everyone. I did the unthinkable (not my usual self) and bought a purse I have not seen in real life. It was through Barney's website and this bag was on clearance. I had to get it because I like the shape and not quite the satchel I was thinking of. I feared it was going to be heavy but it's actually just fine.

My new Rebecca Minkoff MAB medium tote. Color is black cherry.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1404962426.664515.jpg