SATC...Birkin Episode

Nathansgirl, it was an episode in the 5th season, which was cut short because SJP was pregnant. I don't remember the name of the episode but it was when Carrie was being haunted by her break-up with Aidan. SJP had to wear "balloon-y" dresses to disguise her burgeoning belly!

i remember that episode but on screen it looked a lot like thalassa blue but you know how pics or tv can change the colour

oh and what i found funny they had an episode about how hard it is to get a birkin ans sarah jessica parker said to samantha she would never spend that money on the bag (or something like that) in the later epsiodes carry was carrying a lot of birkins herself including croc :lol: means not even fictional characters can escape the hermès bug so how are we supposed to do so ?

OTINGOCNI said:
Nathansgirl, it was an episode in the 5th season, which was cut short because SJP was pregnant. I don't remember the name of the episode but it was when Carrie was being haunted by her break-up with Aidan. SJP had to wear "balloon-y" dresses to disguise her burgeoning belly!

Really? Because that outfit doesn't disguise her stomach. Its glaringly obvious.

lilach said:
i remember that episode but on screen it looked a lot like thalassa blue but you know how pics or tv can change the colour

oh and what i found funny they had an episode about how hard it is to get a birkin ans sarah jessica parker said to samantha she would never spend that money on the bag (or something like that) in the later epsiodes carry was carrying a lot of birkins herself including croc :lol: means not even fictional characters can escape the hermès bug so how are we supposed to do so ?

Yeah I noticed that too lilach. It would have been interesting to see an episode about Carrie getting her birkins or something.

I was trying to pull up that picture but I couldn't find it anywhere...Haha..as for the Color..I just remebered Blue..and Blue Jean was the closest thing I knew to a Blue/ Hermes color...LOL..

OTINGOCNI said:
I don't think that Birkin was Blue Jean; it was more of a Royal Blue, actually. It looks like Sapphire Blue.
Thxs. I agree with you. It's definitely not Blue Jean or Thalassa Blue. When I watch the epsiode, she looked hot carrying around under the sun.

In the episode, she doesn't really look pregnant. Maybe the director do something to "downsize" her belly? :lol:

Okay ladies...I watched the episode in question and actually took a pic of the TV so we could have a shot of the bag. They didn't show much of it, but I was able to get a full shot of her walking away (not flattering, and a bit "line-y"...sorry!). Here you go.

Attachments

• SATC Face Girl Birkin shot.jpg
    SATC Face Girl Birkin shot.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 356
The SATC Birkin was Rouge Vif with gold HW. :smile:
It was also $4000 back then. :sad:

Luckily I found an old thread so I don't need to create a new one. :upsidedown:

I was watching old SATC episodes with my fiancé yesterday and actually he wants to buy me the red Birkin Samantha had her eyes on! :yahoo:I guess I have to get myself on a waiting list then, but can anyone tell which Rouge VIF the bag was?

I'm looking at a Hermès colour chart and there's Rouge VIF courcheval, Rouge VIF box calf, Rouge VIF clemence and Rouge VIF chevre. :s *confused*

The word after the color name is the leather name: Courcheval, Box Calf, Clemence and Chevre.... all leathers. Rouge VIF is the color.

Lucky you to get a red Birkin from your fiancé!! I don't know which leather the SATC bag was, though. If no one here knows perhaps you can get a screen shot of it and maybe we can tell or at least narrow it down.

Here is the picture of the red birkin in rouge vif sz 40cm with gold hardware. I believe it's rouge vif clemence.:smile:

attachment.php

And also this blue sapphir birkin is happened to be fake. As I read it on HBO website. :wtf: I loved that color when I saw it and this picture has been on my toilet wall since, until today. :P

attachment.php

Attachments

• sizessssss.jpg
    sizessssss.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 680
  • sarahjp.jpg
    sarahjp.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 730
Thanks! I noticed when I looked for the other episode that they are not numbered on the discs! But it looks like probably the sixth episode from Season 5, so I will try to watch it tomorrow. :yes:

I noticed that too. It's too bad, because if I'm going to rewatch SATC, I'm going to do it the right way -- in order of best bags. :P

The word after the color name is the leather name: Courcheval, Box Calf, Clemence and Chevre.... all leathers. Rouge VIF is the color.

Yes, but doesn't the colours look a little different, I mean on different types of leather surfaces? :confused1: On the colour chart they do. Actually it's the same chart that I've seen here at TPF. :shocked: Some VIFs are pure red, and some with a hint of blue. I should see and compare them in reality 1st though.