SA's and Sales Commission?

Each SA has a personal sales target for the month. If they meet it for the month, they will pass the sales credit to another SA who hasnt met his/her target to assist them. It's for the benefit of the store as a whole.

If this is true, It would explain why the SA are so helpful to eachother and help the other ring a customer up without fear of losing a sales (I know, I know, NO commish, but still, a recorded sales victory).

What happens to the SA who does NOT get the target?

does he /she (it) get a demerit? and subsequently let go?

hey guys

i went to LV and i actually asked them if they have commision,
because i was considering of returning some item and doesnt want to take away the comission... ( but i prob wont return it lol)

either way, SA told me they have commision..
and i dont know why people are saying that they dont!

They don't have commissions (e.g. x% per sale). They do have sales quotas. They are bonused on meeting and exceeding sales quotas. If you returned something, that would count against their sales quota, and therefore potentially affect their bonus. How that bonus formula is calculated may be tied to some ratio that feels like commission....?

I wanted to return something too, but didn't have the heart to affect the SA's sales quota (I know - stupid reason). I checked with two of the managers at another LV boutique to see what my options were, and they confirmed the sales quota thing.

hey guys

i went to LV and i actually asked them if they have commision,
because i was considering of returning some item and doesnt want to take away the comission... ( but i prob wont return it lol)

either way, SA told me they have commision..
and i dont know why people are saying that they dont!

I know the fact in US they dont work for a comission. I have three friends (close friends) who work as SAs and they do not get any comission.
Each sells around couple million dollar a year with no comission.

And Japan has no comission as well (I applied for it)

Maybe your SA didnt wanna tell u?

Also they have to take a quiz every month (i believe) and sometimes theres a prize!! and the prize is....
wanna know?

Last edited:
I know the fact in US they dont work for a comission. I have three friends (close friends) who work as SAs and they do not get any comission.
Each sells around couple million dollar a year with no comission.

And Japan has no comission as well (I applied for it)

Maybe your SA didnt wanna tell u?

Also they have to take a quiz every month (i believe) and sometimes theres a prize!! and the prize is....
wanna know?

oh okay.
btw i didnt talk to my sa.. i talked to some other random sa lol

u noe i like those LV sa much better in japan than in here..
they are so polite... !!! i miss japan haha

They do get a commission for making a quarterly quota. If something is on hold for a customer, there is a hold ticket printed with the salesperson on it. When the item is picked up, even if it's not from the original SA, they still get that sale since it's already on the ticket. Only a manager can change the SA number to someone else at that time.